Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2019, 09:17 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,027,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Satan doesn't back down either. At least that is how the dogma and mythology go.
I think that is even what Satanists teach. But WWJD? Probably let his enemies do what they must, and quickly backing down given that his group only had two swords that they bought at his orders.
are you talking about the N/A?

Old 01-22-2019, 09:19 AM

57,409 posts, read 26,328,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
That's because the school was confronted with doctored video that made their students initially look like little turds. The school acted in the same way that any institution would.

Here's a question for ya: now that the unedited footage has emerged, is the school *still* bending over in apology?

Hint: they aren't. They're lawyering up and preparing to sue anybody in violation of laws protecting minor children of invasion of privacy.
I haven't seen any retraction of the school's statement or claims by them of a doctored video. The school students were clearly mocking the Native Americans vocally and with gestures and that is backed up by the statement from the school.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:19 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,841,106 times
The left is so gullible and full of hate.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:20 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,522,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I have seen no retraction of the school's statement or any claims by them of a doctored video. The school students were clearly mocking the Native Americans vocally and with gestures and that is backed up by the statement from the school.
I'm sorry. I should not have referred to the video as "doctored". What I genuinely meant to say was "edited". That's on me. The rest of my post stands.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:21 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,739,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Yep. This was a real good fake news story. Kids are coming out of school and were being racially attacked by a group and they stood tall. Then this American Indian stepped in to try and defuse the situation. It amazes me how people can attack students leaving school while being harassed, but they are "white", so I suppose that is okay these days.

I am honestly saddened by how my fellow Americans are acting on all sides. Honestly I think the media has really gotten the best out of us all. Very hard to be balanced these days.

Good luck to all. I think at some point things will settle down with how people view the media, but it might not be in my lifetime. Kind of sad.
The kids were in Washington, D.C.
Their school is in Kentucky.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:21 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,027,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
That poster lashes out at anyone he or she even thinks might be a liberal, in case you didn't notice. Why they should assume that you are a liberal is beyond me.

Two thoughts.

No, not all liberals support the Black Hebrew Israelites. In fact, I had never heard of the organization before this incident became such a thing.

The second, and perhaps more important point is this: nobody got hurt. This was a situation where there were at least three groups with conflicting agendas, some ugly words and looks were exchanged, and still, nobody got hurt.

This conflict could easily have become violent, but it didn't. Honestly, I am not sure why people have become so obsessed with this story. It has gotten a lot more attention from both the left and the right than it deserves.
how can you say no one got hurt??? Those kids have had Death threats. Their school had to close down because of it! The attention it has gotten in my opinion is that people are fed up with the media and quick trigger SJW's ruining peoples lives. How would you feel if you were standing at the Lincoln memorial and someone got in your face and all you did was stand there and smile and you wound up getting death threats??

Old 01-22-2019, 09:22 AM

9,476 posts, read 10,829,151 times
Liberal activist like the man with the drum and the other leftist loons that were there were fine examples of the human garbage that is tearing America apart. I give those young men from the school credit for keeping their cool and not lashing out at these people. Only their decency prevented violence. We all have seen how leftist activists can provoke violence numerous times, riots are what they do. Leftists should be rounded up and locked up. Maybe the President should declare a state of emergency to deal with all the leftist insurgents who freely walk around provoking trouble where ever they want. Look at Portland Oregon, this city has been under a constant onslaught of left wing protests, many of them violent. Enough is enough.

I say thumbs up to the young men of the Catholic High school in KY. Keep standing up for your rights an NEVER apologize to any leftist, don’t let them intimidate you into backing down.

19,718 posts, read 12,284,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I don't think anybody has said anything untruthful about Nathan Phillips here. He approached the kids, not the other way around. The video of this is quite clear. He began drumming the drum in the child's face - the child did not approach Phillips and stick his face near his drum.

Where Phillips went wrong IMO was incorrectly identifying the kids as the aggressors rather than the Black Israelites, and then giving himself a little media tour and embellishing the truth of what actually occurred. Oh yea - and falsely identifying himself as a two-time Vietnam Vet, which has now been debunked. He had his own motives for getting involved in this and it isn't even the first time he has inserted himself into a provocation with young men. He appears to be an attention-seeking individual who creates the drama that he accuses others of bestowing upon him.

There is video of this event. It overrides the ideas and suggestions of everybody discussing this.
What was Phillips supposed to do, get in the face of one of those angry, crazy, racist, delusional Hate Group Israelite guys? No way, he's gonna pick the easiest target, a white boy in a MAGA hat is gold, because Phillips knows what he's doing, he is not new at this game.

27,704 posts, read 16,198,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I haven't seen any retraction of the school's statement or claims by them of a doctored video. The school students were clearly mocking the Native Americans vocally and with gestures and that is backed up by the statement from the school.
Because there’s a pack of ravenous social justice nazis outside the door that need temporary appeasement.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:23 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,522,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
how can you say no one got hurt??? Those kids have had Death threats. Their school had to close down because of it! The attention it has gotten in my opinion is that people are fed up with the media and quick trigger SJW's ruining peoples lives. How would you feel if you were standing at the Lincoln memorial and someone got in your face and all you did was stand there and smile and you wound up getting death threats??
I read that one student who did not even attend the field trip was mistakenly identified as a participant, and that his parents' business information was posted online with calls to "ruin them".

Think about that for just one moment. This is where we are as a society now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.