Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2019, 09:16 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'd sue the crap out of them, just like what happened when Spike Lee etc. gave out the address of George Zimmerman....who wasn't THE George Zimmerman.

That's pretty much the only way to stop that garbage.

It would be nice of this whole Doxxing thing was somehow covered under anti-stalking laws (it seems to be a close cousin of stalking to me--accept on a large scale). The penalty should be harsher when a minor is involved.

Anyone doxxing a kid for political purposes (right or left, I don't care) is wrong and should face some kind of punishment. We are talking about a kid for crying out loud!

Old 01-23-2019, 09:18 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
And pictures can be manipulated. Personally, I trust the professional investigators more so than random stuff posted online by anonymous people. That's why I took the video of the kid and the elder face-to-face with a grain of salt and didn't say anything until the full truth came out.

But let's assume for the moment you are right, just to humor you... the fact still is a man ran into a crowd of people with a car, several people were hurt and Heather Heyer died as a result of it. That's a fact.
"Ran into a crowd of people?" If his intent was actually to kill, wouldn't he have accomplished that task much more efficiently by driving up onto the sidewalks or where most of the pedestrians were? You know, à la the NYC killer in October and the Toronto killer in April? Fields actually only ran into the car in the front of him which pushed that car into the front of it. I've been in similar accidents at stop signs/lights. He made no effort to drive into any crowd.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:19 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Domestic politics in the US - especially the question of abortion - have become a flashpoint for arguing, swearing, & outright assaults in the last few years. @ the extremes of the positions, people are visceral in their support or denunciation of abortion.

Given all that, is it reasonable to put high school students into the ranks of demonstrators? This was apparently a school-sanctioned outing, as school personnel & volunteers (?) were along, & I assume that school buses or volunteer transportation was provided. I can see school outings to visit Congressional delegations, get a feel for how federal or state government works, maybe visit some sights & so on.

However, it's asking a lot for HS students to restrain themselves while being screamed @ & baited by angry demonstrators - the racial demonstrators who encountered the Right to Life demonstrators previous to the incident with the Native American elder. When M. L. King led people into potentially hazardous situations, the would-be marchers got a lot of instruction & training & drill on how to behave & react to abuse, verbal or physical. If these students didn't get that training - or something similar - then their school staff & volunteers needed to intervene, & defuse the situation.

It would be interesting to find out what those students thought of their experiences in DC. Was it what they signed up for? Was it more than they expected, or less?
Good point. I'm politically opposed to most of what these people stand for so of course I'm biased in thinking 1) you're a moron or a troll if you wear a MAGA hat 2) What kind of school sends 15 year olds to protest anything in that environment? They can do it on their own if they want.

Regardless of my feeling on those issues politically, the left had a story they wanted to tell about these kids, and rushed to judgement based on a few minutes of a video clip. I've got backtracking all over my social media now,"yeah, the narrative was wrong, but the one of the kids said something to woman earlier and they support Trump so they're racist anyway so why should we backtrack?" A smattering ofvoices "maybe we should be taking the high road" only to be shouted down with "whose side are you on?" The whole tenor of the situation stinks and played right into the right wing "every criticism of Trump is fake news" narrative. Stupid.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:21 AM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Identify them you are talking about.

It is shameful to see this administration using the one kid as some reason to silence all media.

They are using him as much as the questionable site that created the viral video.

You do know that the viral video was spread by individuals.

Every individual who linked, shared and commented on the original video is as guilty as the originator. Should they all get sued?
Its a shame what the media did. The media needs shaming. It was shared the way they presented it. How’d you feel about the clock kid? Or “the cops acted stupid”? Etc

Old 01-23-2019, 09:24 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Good point. I'm politically opposed to most of what these people stand for so of course I'm biased in thinking 1) you're a moron or a troll if you wear a MAGA hat 2) What kind of school sends 15 year olds to protest anything in that environment? They can do it on their own if they want.

Regardless of my feeling on those issues politically, the left had a story they wanted to tell about these kids, and rushed to judgement based on a few minutes of a video clip. I've got backtracking all over my social media now,"yeah, the narrative was wrong, but the one of the kids said something to woman earlier and they support Trump so they're racist anyway so why should we backtrack?" A smattering ofvoices "maybe we should be taking the high road" only to be shouted down with "whose side are you on?" The whole tenor of the situation stinks and played right into the right wing "every criticism of Trump is fake news" narrative. Stupid.
Are you a supporter of the black Israelites? You know the instigators that hurled insults non-stop at the native americans and the students?
And the students weren't there to protest, its an annual field trip the school takes to DC.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:28 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm talking about using the civil court system to address people damaging my reputation, potential business and employment opportunities.

The "them" is anyone misidentifying me, especially if the dox out my address etc.

I'll let the courts sort it out, not sure why you seem to have an issue with people exercising their legal rights in such a situation.

Imagine if somebody told you people were posting stuff on-line identifying someone in a video or image as "Moneill living at 123 ABCD street in Anywhere, Montana." such that you started getting harassed?

What would you do about that?

P.S. I could really do without the "silence all media" hysteria. It's gotten old chicken little. All the alphabet networks are still rolling right along making their profits peddling garbage to the left and right. Nothing has changed.
This times 1000.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:29 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Do some of you guys post things just to get people upset? Never heard of this kid. The big-toothed one who most people were talking about was correctly outed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Outed?

Im just wondering what he did that needed to be “outed”?

He had the audacity to stand there and smile. That's all, just stood there and smiled. Nobody died, or was assaulted, or insulted. Thank goodness, social media (huge oxy-moron) was there to protect us.

I don't need to be protected by the media (especially social-media), just informed with facts not innuendo, truth instead of opinion, and fairness not propaganda. In other words, the truth-the whole truth-and nothing but the truth.

Last edited by buddy5; 01-23-2019 at 09:41 AM..

Old 01-23-2019, 09:31 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
I really haven't read anything about the Black Hebrew Israelites being hailed as heroes/victims. There is not much mention of them in the media. But, I and others here think they were the instigators. Yes, they are a vile, racist, hateful, loudmouthed group.
nathan phillips, aka chief spreading bull, gave them victim status - claiming he was trying to intercede between an imminent attack by the Covington boys on the BHI thugs - despite the fact that the BHI were attacking the indian group as well. think about that for a minute. he was so intent on destroying the Covington boys that he was more than willing to pretend BHI were hapless victims under attack by a bunch of fresh-faced catholic kids that he refers to as 'beasts,' and a 'scary' 'lynch mob'

but even he didn't claim them [BHI] as heroes.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:35 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times
Putting all of this aside, I`m wondering what Christian like qualities does Trump have that would attract so called Christians to his side? I went to catholic schools and I still go to church but I need some help with this one. Anybody?

Old 01-23-2019, 09:35 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
nathan phillips, aka chief spreading bull
This made me laugh more than it should. By God sometimes a crappy nickname is just plain earned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies