Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 09:07 AM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The left is insane. Their reflex reaction to this event shows how vicious and inconsiderate of their fellow man a liberal can be.

Libs are not opposed to murder, harassment, violence, and intimidation as long as it is directed toward conservatives. This belies a core sense of immorality, such that heinous acts toward liberals are loudly condemned, yet celebrated when directed toward conservatives.

Libs are a very violent and vengeful component to society, which can turn on innocents in a moment's notice. It is much akin to villagers with torches and pitchforks coming after perceived threats they do not understand.

This event has revealed the core sole of liberalism........................ and it aint pretty.
it really has. and even if it had happened as they first believed - it was such an insanely minor event to lose one's mind over.

this comes from a writer for the new York times. yet they still want us to consider them as a source of unbiased news?
and wonder why we nod our heads when trump considers some of them to be enemies of the people?

20,327 posts, read 19,914,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Yes! He is guilty of Facecrimes and need to be punished.
Now THAT would make a great meme with that smiling kid

7,520 posts, read 2,807,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
One thing I'd like to point out...you put kids out there to protest aren't you kinda removing some of the right to say "they're just kids" out of it? One of the reasons I'll criticize the adults who were handling these kids.

I've consistently stated that the lefts narrative on this has been false, but it's something to at least consider. You send a bunch of 15 year olds to protest a contentious subject and try to play it off as a field trip where they got ambushed...not quite accurate.
Is this the equivalent of "they had it coming"?

Old 01-24-2019, 09:08 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Some questions for Mr. Phillips in his next interview.

1) Why did you LIE and claim the students were attacking the black hate group? The very group that was also shouting racist slurs at Native Americans? There are hours of video that prove you lied and that the students did no such thing.

2) Why did you LIE and claim the students approached and surrounded you, when you and your group pushed into the group of dancing kids?

3) Why did you LIE and claim the kids mocked you by starting to dance and chant when you approached? The kids were dancing and chanting long before you came near them and in fact were looking in the opposite direction. The kids appeared glad to see you and apparently thought you came to support them against the racist hate group.

4) Why did you confront, bully and attempt to intimidate a child? Why did you single out that one child-who was simply standing there-not chanting, not dancing, and in fact facing the opposite direction. Was it because of his hat?

5) Why did you thrust a drum in his face and bang it with a heavy stick inches from his face, and push him with it? Why did you get in his face and chant with such naked hostility?

6) Why does your party include "men" that were making racist taunts to the child while you were attempting to intimidate him?

7) Who in your group recorded the video that was given to the press? It was obviously made by someone in close proximity as the camera was positioned over your head/shoulder.

8) Why did you go to the media and LIE about these children? It is inconceivable that you would not anticipate the animosity and threats of violence this would engender against them.

9) Did you or your group create the altered video the media ran that supported the lies you told? If so, who was that video supplied to?

10) Why did you, the very next day, disrupt a religious service? Are you simply bigoted against ALL Christians?

11) Why did you LIE for years, if not decades, and claim to be a Vietnam Vet? Why did you attempt to ride on the valor of those that served and risked their lives, and those that gave their lives, while you stayed in the continental US? Was it simply a money grab? To use the collective guilt of those that treated VN vets badly in the 70s to enrich yourself?

12) In short sir-why are you such an a**hole? (OK, that one is mine, I don't expect the media to ask)

Old 01-24-2019, 09:10 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,503,534 times
dman72 has been a delight to read throughout this thread. He/she has made their own political leanings, as well as thoughts on this event very clear, and it seems obvious that he/she is a person capable of separating fact from fiction and making decisions based on what he/she sees versus what ideology he/she is supposed to express. I have enjoyed your posts, dman, and I agree with many of your thoughts on this. I by the way was a Democrat until 2016, when I voted Libertarian for the first time.

On the one hand I am so happy to see young people participate in our great nation's time honored traditions such as protests because I am tired of seeing so many slack-jaw teenagers unable to articulate anything other than how to achieve a high score on a video game. On the other hand, I agree that these kids got airdropped into a very emotionally-charged environment and apparently didn't have enough chaperones to protect them from some of the things that they endured.

There's lessons for everybody to walk away with here.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:10 AM

20,327 posts, read 19,914,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
.......Notice this Native American did not approach the group of blacks that were shouting racial insults...
Smart move on his part.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:11 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Is this the equivalent of "they had it coming"?
No, it's saying the adults responsible for these kids should have been better equipped to handle the situation or not put them in that position in the first place.

No one got assaulted, by the way. Anyone trying to equate this to rape is stretching a wee bit, probably a rabid right wing internet troll.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:12 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
dman72 has been a delight to read throughout this thread. He/she has made their own political leanings, as well as thoughts on this event very clear, and it seems obvious that he/she is a person capable of separating fact from fiction and making decisions based on what he/she sees versus what ideology he/she is supposed to express. I have enjoyed your posts, dman, and I agree with many of your thoughts on this. I by the way was a Democrat until 2016, when I voted Libertarian for the first time.

On the one hand I am so happy to see young people participate in our great nation's time honored traditions such as protests because I am tired of seeing so many slack-jaw teenagers unable to articulate anything other than how to achieve a high score on a video game. On the other hand, I agree that these kids got airdropped into a very emotionally-charged environment and apparently didn't have enough chaperones to protect them from some of the things that they endured.

There's lessons for everybody to walk away with here.
Can't rep you anymore but thanks.

And I'm all man, bro.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:14 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,503,534 times
Quote:
Can't rep you anymore but thanks.

And I'm all man, bro.
I'm all sis, man.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:16 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Quote:
No, it's saying the adults responsible for these kids should have been better equipped to handle the situation or not put them in that position in the first place.

No one got assaulted, by the way. Anyone trying to equate this to rape is stretching a wee bit, probably a rabid right wing internet troll.

They were on the steps of the damn Lincoln Memorial-bordering the Mall. Precisely a place ANY American, scratch that, any person, should be able to visit, enjoy and take in the history and meaning of this great nation. Not a place to be subjected to threats, bullying and racist insults by groups such as Nathan Phillips' and a-holes like the Black Hebrew Israelites. Sadly these boys got a look at the face of evil, bigotry and racism in this nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies