Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 09:32 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,786,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The politically contentious situation WAS the march for life. So it ended a few hours before and now they are no longer political? If I go to an anti gun rally, wearing a t-shirt that says "gun owner are p******", and then walk to a bus afterwards when the official event ended at 3PM, I'm not expecting anyone form the counter protest to say anything to me? Meanwhile people from my group are saying "it's not rape if you enjoyed it" to women on the street away form the march? I don't think it's completely accurate to paint these kids as poor defenseless cub scouts or something. I agree that black nut bags were out of line and Phillips was looking for a confrontation, but what I'm getting at is this: They were THERE to be political..it wasn't just a sightseeing trip.

How do you know the nuts didn't target them because they knew they were there for the march for life? T-shirts, MAGA hats and a hell of a lot of Caucasians maybe making that obvious and the even having just ended that day? Why were those 2 groups there at that time anyway? Before you ask me what's "wrong with me" try thinking a little bit about why this situation took place when it did.
I asked you a question:

What is wrong with you?

I would be obliged if you would provide an answer.

btw: The Black Israelites target and heckle EVERYBODY. I have been getting a kick out of them since at least 1995.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:33 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The politically contentious situation WAS the march for life. So it ended a few hours before and now they are no longer political? If I go to an anti gun rally, wearing a t-shirt that says "gun owner are p******", and then walk to a bus afterwards when the official event ended at 3PM, I'm not expecting anyone form the counter protest to say anything to me? Meanwhile people from my group are saying "it's not rape if you enjoyed it" to women on the street away form the march? I don't think it's completely accurate to paint these kids as poor defenseless cub scouts or something. I agree that black nut bags were out of line and Phillips was looking for a confrontation, but what I'm getting at is this: They were THERE to be political..it wasn't just a sightseeing trip.

How do you know the nuts didn't target them because they knew they were there for the march for life? T-shirts, MAGA hats and a hell of a lot of Caucasians maybe making that obvious and the even having just ended that day? Why were those 2 groups there at that time anyway? Before you ask me what's "wrong with me" try thinking a little bit about why this situation took place when it did.
IOW they had it coming because they were there to be political. Just state what you mean. And doubling down on what they were wearing.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:36 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
I wanted to add by the way that I caught some footage of the leader of the Black Israelites discussing this topic and honestly, the guy cracked me up. He's a large imposing figure with a booming voice and lots of condemnation for all, but was utterly petulant and angry that Phillips "interrupted our teachings to these kids".

HAHAHAHA! Calling them inbred fagots was "teaching", and his feelings are hurt that Phillips stopped him! As angry and out of touch as this guy is, he's just a guy with an opinion like anybody else. And he has feelings, too.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:39 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I wanted to add by the way that I caught some footage of the leader of the Black Israelites discussing this topic and honestly, the guy cracked me up. He's a large imposing figure with a booming voice and lots of condemnation for all, but was utterly petulant and angry that Phillips "interrupted our teachings to these kids".

HAHAHAHA! Calling them inbred fagots was "teaching", and his feelings are hurt that Phillips stopped him! As angry and out of touch as this guy is, he's just a guy with an opinion like anybody else. And he has feelings, too.
lol haha

Old 01-24-2019, 09:40 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
it was a smirk!!!

An adult in charge would quietly move the kids away,told the kid to step away not stay nose to nose,AND NOT WORD HATS THAT CAN SYMBOL A LEADERS THAT IS SO CONTROVERSIAL.

PARENT NEED TO TEACH THEIR CHILDREN HOW TO HANDLE CONFRONTATIONS IN A NON PRO VOK ING MANNER NO MATTER WHO INITIATES THE ISSUE.
NO ONE SHOULD HAVE THEIR LIFE THREATENED
Capital letters don't make your opinion right.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:41 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think the "Vietnam vet" needs to apologize to the kids. Kids + school + family deserve some monetary compensation from the media.

By the way, he In the same video, at around the 23:45 mark, states, "I got a Section 8 home because I'm a veteran, wartime veteran like that. Honorable, in theater, so I have Section 8 home."

He was not "in theater".

According to this 2008 “Indian Country Today” article covering a sacred pipe ceremony Phillips held annually at Arlington National Ceremony, Phillips made a more direct claim about serving in Vietnam:

“Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran of the Vietnam era. ‘People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me.'”

Returning to the United States from where? Was he overseas before enlisting? Or is he talking about coming back to El Toro from a trip to Baja California and using vague language to insinuate, but not blatantly claim, that he served in Vietnam?

This guy at least misled people with his military service.

The biggest lie is that he claimed he was a recon/ranger. People need to immediately call him out and say, "No, dude, that position never existed." You are either a Recon or a Ranger, you cannot be Recon/ranger. Like I said earlier, most activists are not that bright.

He should come to a local va hospital, if he tried to make the same or similar claim, the vets there would tear him apart. Oh brother!

He has some nerve to say he doesn't need an apology, he just suggested cultural sensitivity lessons for the kids. LOL
should get prosecuted under the Stolen Valor law...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...l-three-times/

Retired US Navy SEAL Don Shipley, who is known for publicly outing people for ‘stolen valor,’ obtained Nathan Phillips’ DD-214 form and exposed the truth.

Nathan Phillips was enlisted under the name Nathaniel Richard Stanard.

“Nathaniel Phillips enlisted in the Marine Corps Reserves on May 20th, 1972 and served until May 5th, 1976,” Don Shipley said as he read the DD-214 form.

“He served under just four years and was discharged at the exalted rank of ‘Private'” Shipley said sarcastically.

Shipley continued, “His entire military education was as a basic electrician in the Marine Corps — while he served in Lincoln, Nebraska, he served as a refer mach.”

Nathan Phillips went AWOL THREE TIMES while he was stationed at El Toro Marine Base in Southern California, according to his DD-214 form.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:42 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
should get prosecuted under the Stolen Valor law...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...l-three-times/

Retired US Navy SEAL Don Shipley, who is known for publicly outing people for ‘stolen valor,’ obtained Nathan Phillips’ DD-214 form and exposed the truth.

Nathan Phillips was enlisted under the name Nathaniel Richard Stanard.

“Nathaniel Phillips enlisted in the Marine Corps Reserves on May 20th, 1972 and served until May 5th, 1976,” Don Shipley said as he read the DD-214 form.

“He served under just four years and was discharged at the exalted rank of ‘Private'” Shipley said sarcastically.

Shipley continued, “His entire military education was as a basic electrician in the Marine Corps — while he served in Lincoln, Nebraska, he served as a refer mach.”

Nathan Phillips went AWOL THREE TIMES while he was stationed at El Toro Marine Base in Southern California, according to his DD-214 form.
Yep. So sad.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:42 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,786,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post

I was watching them in Times Square once and they called every black woman who walked by "a sleazy, colored, negro woman."

Say what you will, but they are equal opportunity offenders and lunatics.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:43 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,275,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Stopped reading right there.
Lol! Yep me too. Another one who doesn’t have the full story. This is exhausting!

Old 01-24-2019, 09:44 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,275,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Trumplings hating on a vet who tried to defuse a tense situation.

Well, he's a minority, after all.

Shocking!

And another one...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies