Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 09:18 AM

13,512 posts, read 17,046,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I'm all sis, man.
:

Old 01-24-2019, 09:18 AM

13,656 posts, read 20,791,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
You can't have it both ways: "innocent kids being verbally attacked by black nuts". Black nuts were exercising their freedom of speech too, as twisted and moronic as they are.

If you go to a march on a politically contentious issue, or send a kid to one, are you really that surprised someone might yell at you? So another poster says that has no bearing on the situation as they are waiting for a bus and the march was over. So from the second they left the march, they became de-politicized? HOw about when one of the kids made the crack about "it's not rape if you enjoy it" or whatever...were they then de-politicized on video at a different point that day?

They were kids who adults intentionally put into a politically contentious situation. I'm simply questioning the wisdom of that action, and the idea that they were on a field trip sightseeing isn't 100% accurate.

I've consistently said the left has this one wrong and that the kid singled out and "doxxed" was a symptom of a very sick culture and indicative of a rabid rush to judgement. But there are a few more subtleties to the situation than "white kids on school field trip attacked by angry minorities" narrative of the right.
You are confused.

Firstly, I never said anything about curbing the Black Israelites freedom of speech so please retract this with utmost haste:

"You can't have it both ways: "innocent kids being verbally attacked by black nuts". Black nuts were exercising their freedom of speech too, as twisted and moronic as they are."

That is a lie.

Secondly, one more time and please get out clock: The March for Life was over and the students were visiting the Lincoln Memorial which, last time I looked, was open to everyone. Visiting a Federal memorial is not akin to "intentionally put into a politically contentious situation"

That is another lie.

I ask again, what is wrong with you? Really, I would like to know.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:19 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,537,709 times

Look at that smirk! He must be racist. /[sarcasm]

Old 01-24-2019, 09:21 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,813,584 times
Quote:
No, it's saying the adults responsible for these kids should have been better equipped to handle the situation or not put them in that position in the first place.

No one got assaulted, by the way. Anyone trying to equate this to rape is stretching a wee bit, probably a rabid right wing internet troll.
It's not equating to rape. The argument of "what people are wearing" is a bad choice for anyone to make about anything, be it hoodies, skirts or hats.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:21 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,514,205 times
I think it's fair to say that given the highly emotionally-charged environment in DC over the weekend (with not one but THREE protests taking place simultaneously) the boys could have benefited from a little extra chaperoning. It's not criticism of the school's field trip policy, it's a "what did we learn about this" teaching moment.

That said, they handled themselves rather splendidly after being bumrushed by nutbag Black Israeilis *and* Phillips' Indigenous group.

They got an up-close encounter with the real world, as ugly as it was. Nobody was hurt, and if not for the concerted efforts of someone who made this all a "thing", nobody would be talking about it today.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:22 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,635,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Bottom line, the media got it wrong. In their zeal to go after a easily targeted group like affluent, white Catholic kids wearing MAGA hats, they did exactly zero fact checking and did not for even a second apply or adhere to any context.

Phillips may not outright lie about serving in the military, but both he and the media fumble around him being a substandard, rear echelon schlep because they want to portray any antagonist visibly tilting at the Trump windmill to appear heroic and beyond reproach.

They got Phillips wrong, the Convington kids wrong, the situation wrong and everything else about the story wrong. Some outlets are admitting it and dropping the whole thing. They all need to.
I think the "Vietnam vet" needs to apologize to the kids. Kids + school + family deserve some monetary compensation from the media.

By the way, he In the same video, at around the 23:45 mark, states, "I got a Section 8 home because I'm a veteran, wartime veteran like that. Honorable, in theater, so I have Section 8 home."

He was not "in theater".

According to this 2008 “Indian Country Today” article covering a sacred pipe ceremony Phillips held annually at Arlington National Ceremony, Phillips made a more direct claim about serving in Vietnam:

“Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran of the Vietnam era. ‘People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me.'”

Returning to the United States from where? Was he overseas before enlisting? Or is he talking about coming back to El Toro from a trip to Baja California and using vague language to insinuate, but not blatantly claim, that he served in Vietnam?

This guy at least misled people with his military service.

The biggest lie is that he claimed he was a recon/ranger. People need to immediately call him out and say, "No, dude, that position never existed." You are either a Recon or a Ranger, you cannot be Recon/ranger. Like I said earlier, most activists are not that bright.

He should come to a local va hospital, if he tried to make the same or similar claim, the vets there would tear him apart. Oh brother!

He has some nerve to say he doesn't need an apology, he just suggested cultural sensitivity lessons for the kids. LOL

Old 01-24-2019, 09:24 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,595,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Now THAT would make a great meme with that smiling kid
https://i.ibb.co/ZXt8NXj/facecrime.jpg

Old 01-24-2019, 09:24 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,449,700 times
Quote:
You can't have it both ways: "innocent kids being verbally attacked by black nuts". Black nuts were exercising their freedom of speech too, as twisted and moronic as they are.

If you go to a march on a politically contentious issue, or send a kid to one, are you really that surprised someone might yell at you? So another poster says that has no bearing on the situation as they are waiting for a bus and the march was over. So from the second they left the march, they became de-politicized? HOw about when one of the kids made the crack about "it's not rape if you enjoy it" or whatever...were they then de-politicized on video at a different point that day?

They were kids who adults intentionally put into a politically contentious situation. I'm simply questioning the wisdom of that action, and the idea that they were on a field trip sightseeing isn't 100% accurate.

I've consistently said the left has this one wrong and that the kid singled out and "doxxed" was a symptom of a very sick culture and indicative of a rabid rush to judgement. But there are a few more subtleties to the situation than "white kids on school field trip attacked by angry minorities" narrative of the right.
No......sorry. They were at the Lincoln Memorial...…..a tourist site.

They were not at the time involved in any sort of protest on any politically contentious issue.

They were at that moment for all practical purposes tourists waiting on their bus.

Further, the other two groups had nothing to do with the march the boys had been involved with much earlier.

I would like to hear from some of the adults chaperoning them why they didn't just move the boys to a different location away from those harassing them. Seems like the common sense thing to do, but no way to know without hearing from them, so I'm not jumping to conclusions on that.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:28 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,514,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think the "Vietnam vet" needs to apologize to the kids. Kids + school + family deserve some monetary compensation from the media.

By the way, he In the same video, at around the 23:45 mark, states, "I got a Section 8 home because I'm a veteran, wartime veteran like that. Honorable, in theater, so I have Section 8 home."

He was not "in theater".

According to this 2008 “Indian Country Today” article covering a sacred pipe ceremony Phillips held annually at Arlington National Ceremony, Phillips made a more direct claim about serving in Vietnam:

“Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran of the Vietnam era. ‘People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me.'”

Returning to the United States from where? Was he overseas before enlisting? Or is he talking about coming back to El Toro from a trip to Baja California and using vague language to insinuate, but not blatantly claim, that he served in Vietnam?

This guy at least misled people with his military service.

The biggest lie is that he claimed he was a recon/ranger. People need to immediately call him out and say, "No, dude, that position never existed." You are either a Recon or a Ranger, you cannot be Recon/ranger. Like I said earlier, most activists are not that bright.

He should come to a local va hospital, if he tried to make the same or similar claim, the vets there would tear him apart. Oh brother!
Excellent post!

At the very very least, Phillips tacitly allowed people to call him a Vietnam Vet and bestow upon him privileges of a Vietnam Vet. He's in video and on paper for decades now allowing this charade to continue. His admission in that video ought to be enough for an official Stolen Valor inquiry.

The Covington kids are the least of issues he ought to be talking about right now. He needs to answer for his behavior to real Vets who know the struggle of war. He doesn't know jack.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:29 AM

13,512 posts, read 17,046,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
You are confused.

Firstly, I never said anything about curbing the Black Israelites freedom of speech so please retract this with utmost haste:

"You can't have it both ways: "innocent kids being verbally attacked by black nuts". Black nuts were exercising their freedom of speech too, as twisted and moronic as they are."

That is a lie.

Secondly, one more time and please get out clock: The March for Life was over and the students were visiting the Lincoln Memorial which, last time I looked, was open to everyone. Visiting a Federal memorial is not akin to "intentionally put into a politically contentious situation"

That is another lie.

I ask again, what is wrong with you? Really, I would like to know.
The politically contentious situation WAS the march for life. So it ended a few hours before and now they are no longer political? If I go to an anti gun rally, wearing a t-shirt that says "gun owner are p******", and then walk to a bus afterwards when the official event ended at 3PM, I'm not expecting anyone form the counter protest to say anything to me? Meanwhile people from my group are saying "it's not rape if you enjoyed it" to women on the street away form the march? I don't think it's completely accurate to paint these kids as poor defenseless cub scouts or something. I agree that black nut bags were out of line and Phillips was looking for a confrontation, but what I'm getting at is this: They were THERE to be political..it wasn't just a sightseeing trip.

How do you know the nuts didn't target them because they knew they were there for the march for life? T-shirts, MAGA hats and a hell of a lot of Caucasians maybe making that obvious and the even having just ended that day? Why were those 2 groups there at that time anyway? Before you ask me what's "wrong with me" try thinking a little bit about why this situation took place when it did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.