Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 10:25 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times

Advertisements

I wonder if all the conservatives on here so fiercely defending the Covington students did the same for the Parkland students when they spoke out? Because I seem to recall a whole lot of vitriol directed at David Hogg and that includes by conservative television commentators.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:27 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
It really is pathetic.

I despise Trump, but the Liberals and their minions do not provide any sort of moral alternative. They have become a race-baiting gang of cyberthugs. Scores of cowards doctoring videos and making threats. All with orgasmic glee and rictus grins.

They decry violence yet celebrate bomb threats and the closing of a school. A school!

A disgusting group of people professing a vile and sleazy ideology.
my father was a democrat all his life. Mostly because of his feelings that the republicans were the party of the rich and cared little for the working man. This is still true to some extent...…...Most of my life I felt mostly the same being a union member...…...This incident however is my tipping point. I can no longer support a party that would allow such a travesty against school children to continue.

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I wonder if all the conservatives on here so fiercely defending the Covington students did the same for the Parkland students when they spoke out? Because I seem to recall a whole lot of vitriol directed at David Hogg and that includes by conservative television commentators.
David Hogg teed off and directly addressed a large demographic of Americans on a topic that he was not very well-versed in. What did Nicholas Sandmann do that was even remotely similar?

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Sure I would. I hate bullies.

Right is right and wrong is wrong.

13,651 posts, read 20,786,272 times
Some food for thought:

Through such presumptions of guilt, our new public inquisition looks to right genuine past wrongs. Participants enjoy the rush of living out the experience of a Freedom Rider, even if the reality of a contemporary crusade is a pantomime of justice and one’s engagement is through a smartphone and free of risk.

James Panero/WSJ

Old 01-24-2019, 10:31 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
my father was a democrat all his life. Mostly because of his feelings that the republicans were the party of the rich and cared little for the working man. This is still true to some extent...…...Most of my life I felt mostly the same being a union member...…...This incident however is my tipping point. I can no longer support a party that would allow such a travesty against school children to continue.
I just don't know why some people have so much hate in their hearts.

This is just a child. He looks even younger than I thought. He did absolutely nothing wrong.

Why do people must ruin his life and future? Makes no sense to me.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:33 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Hogg is not some innocent victim that some racist bully approached in public, attempted to intimidate, and then lied about and then made the victim out to be the aggressor. Hogg, instead, has gone out of the way to make himself a very public face, and to insult and denigrate a significant portion of the population of this nation. Much like Phillips, he is a fraud that likes to cloak himself in victimhood to garner sympathy for his hateful remarks. And before you call him a "school shooting survivor"-remember that he was not at the school when this horrific event took place. He, like so many others, is using the blood of the victims for personal gain. I do feel for him in that he may well have lost people he knew in that horrific attack, and if he chooses to attack the individual shooter, more power to him. Same if he chooses to attack the deputy that hid and cowered while the students were being slaughtered. That is not a free pass to attack random Americans that had absolutely nothing to do with the attack.

Hogg attacking gun owners that had absolutely nothing to do with this attack would be comparable to people attacking every Native American just due to Phillips vile, racist attack and lies. It is never justified to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
David Hogg teed off and directly addressed a large demographic of Americans on a topic that he was not very well-versed in. What did Nicholas Sandmann do that was even remotely similar?
So a student that survived an approaching Indian with a drum warrants defending and a student that survived a school shooting - nah.

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Even if he was reading from a script, I won't blame him.

A 15 year old kid is in the middle of this mess. Must be overwhelming.

The kid is a victim.

Did you watch the "vietnam vet" interview? Man, he still paints himself as some kind of victim. He's disgusting.

The interviewer did not ask the right question, I would be asking, "So what exactly is your MOS? You claimed to be a Recon/Ranger. What exactly is that because it is not a valid position of any military branches."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-9-qmN0Hmw
he says in the video 'i forgive him'???!
forgive him for what?
this, from the same moron that called the Covington students 'beasts'?

he says 'what I've always said is, I've never set foot in south Vietnam.'
huh. I've seen multiple interviews and he's never said that until now. where was he coming back from when some girl supposedly spit on him?

“When I come home, those times, I got spit on, actually spit on, and called a baby-killer" <- that was from 2017.

what a useless excuse for an interview. and what a lying cockroach that dude is.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Hogg is not some innocent victim that some racist bully approached in public, attempted to intimidate, and then lie and make the victim out to be the aggressor. Hogg, instead, has gone out of the way to make himself a very public face, and to insult and denigrate a significant portion of the population of this nation. Much like Phillips, he is a fraud that likes to cloak himself in victimhood to garner sympathy for his hateful remarks. And before you call him a "school shooting survivor"-remember that he was not at the school when this horrific event took place. He, like so many others, is using the blood of the victims for personal gain.
I rest my case.

You can find many ugly threads about the Parkland survivors right here on CD.

As such, I find this quite the hypocritical and hysterical thread.

I'm out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies