Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 11:37 AM

1,675 posts, read 577,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
In terms of the Bush election, most of the studies show that Gore DID NOT win the election in Florida. Fact is if he couldn't even win his home state. Give it a rest!

Keep lying to yourself, if people knew the system is rigged they'd be very angry, just like it happens in poor countries.

This is how Trump rigged the elections. Snowden said it, this gentlemen said it, and many other people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvF213popIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 01:31 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
Keep lying to yourself, if people knew the system is rigged they'd be very angry, just like it happens in poor countries.

This is how Trump rigged the elections. Snowden said it, this gentlemen said it, and many other people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvF213popIA

snowden also showed how Obama and the liberals back to gore have been spying on the everyday americans

Old 01-25-2019, 05:48 PM

1,675 posts, read 577,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
snowden also showed how Obama and the liberals back to gore have been spying on the everyday americans

Your comment has nothing to do with my comment or the video, Did you watch it? I am saying that election fraud in America is very common. The journalist in the video said that when it comes to electronic machine fraud republicans have the upper hand, although he recognizes democrats do it too. In the other video it is shown how the Obama campaign got people to vote multiple times, and other types of frauds.

But to respond to your comment it doesn't matter if liberals or conservatives are in power, both parties spy and engage in many type of illegal activities.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:29 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Excuse me if I wasn't clear. I didn't mean that every word was literally true if applied to Trump. My point was that overall there is a marked parallel, so I was surprised the Pence went out on a limb like that. As to Trump wanting to imprison his opponents, the easiest example is his encouraging cheers, about Hillary, of "Lock her up! Lock her up!"

Exactly! I'm surprised that more people - including journalists and analysts - don't pick up on this. When he terms other people "nasty" or "lying" or "crooked," I can't figure out if he really doesn't understand this, or if he's trying to get in first before they say it about him.

So, are you claiming that Hillary didn't commit numerous felonies while trying to conceal her pay for play e-mails?

Old 01-25-2019, 06:48 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
So, picture this statement paraphrased for Trump:

“Nicolás Maduro is a dictator with no legitimate claim to power,” Mr. Pence said. “He’s never won the presidency in a free and fair election, and he’s maintained his grip on power by imprisoning anyone who dares to oppose him.”

It's what Pence said. A poor choice of words. I wonder if he realized it's how many people regard Trump. Of course, Trump, too, wants to imprison people who dares to oppose him.
Right now troops loyal to Maduro (and likely by his order) are shooting at and killing random protesters, blocking communications and social media and sending squads out to target and eliminate protest organizers and opposition leaders.

For years, Maduro and his cronies have lived in luxury while his people literally starve and his driven his country into total economic collapse.

Then Maduro is all like "yeah, sure" to his Ruskie friends, "totally build a nuclear bomber base here for the express purpose of threatening the USA".

Yeah, Trump is a duche and is definitely going the wrong direction but Maduro is a murderous despot and his day of reckoning is nearly here.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:18 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm

like him or not, he is the legitimate POTUS

and where has he tried to imprison any opposition??...
It remains to be seen whether he is "legitimate." Millions of people believe the election to have been improperly influenced. As to wishing to imprison opposition - have you already forgotten his basking in the mobs shrieking "Lock her up!" Lucky, he can't quite put that into effect, but he clearly admires it in others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
Did Snowden say something specifically about Trump?

Old 01-26-2019, 07:53 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,498,681 times
The problem with the American system is that it still utilizes the dated electoral college. The only thing that should ever determine an election is the total number of votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies