Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 09:32 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,874,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I have noticed in many threads on this forum(especially the latest one dealing with Atty Cohen) that people are making strong accusations against the President, and in other threads, other people, without some viable proof to back up your accusation.
I think you all need to back up your statements with proof of what you state.
Otherwise, it is nothing more than flapping one's gums.
Your viable proof that the events your are using to accuse someone of,should be posted in the same post as the accusation.
This is the best way to know your post is credible, instead of something to just waste bandwidth.

Many of the links posted in different threads are nothing more than fake news, so it would behoove you to seek out credible sources of an incident before posting some sort of accusation.

I remember my first day of college(wow, that was many,many years ago)
The professor, in his orientation to us stated something that has stayed with me my entire life.
Just one simple sentence, only five words, but it encompassed each and everything I would say for all the years to come.
Those five words were, "Know where of you speak".
In other words, when you say something, be prepared to back up what you are saying, with viable proof.

How about you proving he is not guilty first ? Yeah, I know, innocent until proven guilty and all that stuff, but I think you should be able to provide SOMETHING to support your contention that he is clean.

You are acting as if Trump has lead an honorable life all his life. There is certainly more than just circumstantial evidence that he has always played fast and loose with the law. He didn't just become this way in the last two years, he always has been shady. Don't believe me ? Do some work for him and see if you ever get paid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 09:54 PM

8,581 posts, read 11,006,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
How about you proving he is not guilty first ? Yeah, I know, innocent until proven guilty and all that stuff, but I think you should be able to provide SOMETHING to support your contention that he is clean.

You are acting as if Trump has lead an honorable life all his life. There is certainly more than just circumstantial evidence that he has always played fast and loose with the law. He didn't just become this way in the last two years, he always has been shady. Don't believe me ? Do some work for him and see if you ever get paid.
It is not my duty to provide anything as to whether the President is "clean" or not.
People making the accusations that he is, or has been doing something wrong, are the one's who need to provide the proof.
In any court of law, the complainant is the one that needs to prove the case, not the defendant.

Perhaps a class in civics should be added to this city data site.
Seems there are many who could benefit by it.

Bob.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:04 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,290,171 times
Quote:
I have noticed in many threads on this forum(especially the latest one dealing with Atty Cohen) that people are making strong accusations against the President, and in other threads, other people, without some viable proof to back up your accusation.
I think you all need to back up your statements with proof of what you state.
Otherwise, it is nothing more than flapping one's gums.
Your viable proof that the events your are using to accuse someone of,should be posted in the same post as the accusation.
This is the best way to know your post is credible, instead of something to just waste bandwidth.

Many of the links posted in different threads are nothing more than fake news, so it would behoove you to seek out credible sources of an incident before posting some sort of accusation.

I remember my first day of college(wow, that was many,many years ago)
The professor, in his orientation to us stated something that has stayed with me my entire life.
Just one simple sentence, only five words, but it encompassed each and everything I would say for all the years to come.
Those five words were, "Know where of you speak".
In other words, when you say something, be prepared to back up what you are saying, with viable proof.
I agree--like accusing a president, for years, of not being born in this country, and therefore illegitimate, without one iota of proof? Not one speck ever.

What kind of ignorant person does that? Let me think.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:21 PM

12,870 posts, read 9,096,668 times
Proof in this country is a trial and conviction held under the rule of law. Not accusations. Not news articles. So, do liberals hate Trump so much they're willing to give up the rule of law; to give up innocent until proven guilty; to spit on our ideals; all for their hate's sake?

Last edited by tnff; 01-23-2019 at 10:36 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-23-2019, 10:24 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,478,417 times
Quote:
You, I, and the rest of the world, including Cohen's atty don't know what the President was knowledgeable about concerning the farther in-law.

i'm confident that cohen knows exactly how much trump knows about his father-in-law and he's shared that info with lanny davis.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:58 AM

46,328 posts, read 27,166,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i'm sure he knows all about it since the AP already reported the story based on manafort's legal team improperly redacting court filings.

Gathering information vs. actively trying to change the votes in an election.....hmmmmm....who did that?

Old 01-24-2019, 06:03 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,756,788 times
Quote:
And that should make a difference?

Bob.
Of course. This is a place to exchange ideas, not a court of law. If someone backs up their claims all the better, but telling them to be quiet otherwise is silencing them.

Besides, you only mentioned those critical of Trump and his friends, are conservatives not to be held to the same standard? Why is hypocrisy allowed in that instance?

Old 01-24-2019, 06:05 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,756,788 times
Quote:
My definition of proof would be a video of the accused stating what people are accusing him/her of doing.
Other than that, it is unsubstantiated dribble out of the accusers.
As evidence of my views, you can take your pick of just about every thread in this political forum.
Accusations fly in all directions without substantial proof.

Bob.
OMG, you just realized you asked for a burden of proof not even required by a court of law, right?

Old 01-24-2019, 06:54 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,840,049 times
You support Birther Donny and NOW you want proof? lmao take a hike.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:01 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,853,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
You do realize this is an internet forum right?

*shrug* Some people take this place WAY too seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies