Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What will happen on February 15th?
Congress will come to an agreement that President Trump will sign 22 25.00%
President Trump will have to defend America and declare a National Emergency 38 43.18%
Pelosi will cause another government shutdown 28 31.82%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 11:39 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times

Advertisements

On February 15th all the Valentine's Day candy will be half price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 05:38 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Its safe to say that at this point in his administration Trump's well has run dry of knowledgeable advisors. So whatever he has been advised to do is probably not the best advice and won't work.

Old 01-28-2019, 05:41 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
Will Pelosi hold America and Americans hostage again for political gain? Will they come to an agreement? Will President Trump have to defend America by himself and declare a National Emergency?

Given Trump owns the recent shutdown there's NO 'again' for Pelosi.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:47 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Given Trump owns the recent shutdown there's NO 'again' for Pelosi.
I think his user name tells you all you need to know about where he gets his news from

Old 01-28-2019, 06:48 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
Will Pelosi hold America and Americans hostage again for political gain? Will they come to an agreement? Will President Trump have to defend America by himself and declare a National Emergency?
Your poll is dishonest. Way to go.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:52 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Trump got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in his 35 day shutdown, so it was all for not.

After Trump told his supporters "no cave," two days later...he caved.

Having reopened the gov't without getting ANYTHING he wanted, Trump would be a fool to dare shutdown the gov't again.

Donald Trump, "master negotiator," Art of the Deal. What an idiot.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:38 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,952 times
I am not sure Trump supporters are really that stupid or just pretend to be for some unknown reason! After Trump caved in, they are calling it a win for Trump! Some are claiming he ended this shutdown as he has a heart while dems dont!! I am sure everyone knows this but in case you missed this is what happened:

The day before Turtleface allowed vote in senate, Trump claimed Federal workers love what he is standing for and no pay is not a big issue as grocery stores will understand and make it work. Next day, Turtle face opens vote on two bills. Trump bill got 50 votes while bill with no walls got 52 and 6 republicans voted in support of it. This is when it was clear to turtleface and Trump that his self-claimed 'yuge' support for the wall and shutdown was not there and It was likely within a few days support for the wall was going to collapse. So next day, he opens the government claiming he is so concerned about the federal workers (all of them had 'yuge' understanding with grocery stores two days ago!). He simply gave in as he knew his wall was not going anywhere and soon bill with no wall would get enough support to pass in House and senate and then he'd almost be forced to sign it. Better to open government now and his blind followers will call it a victory! Looks like he wasn't wrong

Old 01-28-2019, 07:42 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
I am not sure Trump supporters are really that stupid or just pretend to be for some unknown reason! After Trump caved in, they are calling it a win for Trump! Some are claiming he ended this shutdown as he has a heart while dems dont!! I am sure everyone knows this but in case you missed this is what happened:

The day before Turtleface allowed vote in senate, Trump claimed Federal workers love what he is standing for and no pay is not a big issue as grocery stores will understand and make it work. Next day, Turtle face opens vote on two bills. Trump bill got 50 votes while bill with no walls got 52 and 6 republicans voted in support of it.
This is what the Maga Kool-aid drinkers fail to understand.... You can't even get Republican senators to vote for that stupid wall now. and trump had 2 years to convince both gop controlled houses and choked bigly

Old 01-28-2019, 07:49 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
I'll be working. Trump won't be.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:50 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I was so sick to my stomach seeing people celebrate about the late term abortions bill signed by the NY governor. The same group of people are OK with kids dressing up as drag queens and stripping for adults. I am not a religious person, but this does not sit well with me at all. Everything inside me screams that this is wrong on so many levels.
You would rather control people and tell them they must act appropriately according to the sex they were born as. Stay in your safe space.

You may not be a religious person but you want control like a religion.

Live and let live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies