Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 08:08 PM

11,296 posts, read 11,061,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Disturbingly, I have come across people who are still sticking up for Smollett. They claim that, even if he did fake the attack/letter, the stress of living under a Trump presidency is to blame
All the time, libs say TDS is not a real thing .

The Smollett case proves it is very much a REAL THING.

And there are a lot lesser profile people who would happily try to do the same thing if they believed it would make a difference.

Old 02-23-2019, 08:19 PM

5,116 posts, read 2,061,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
All the time, libs say TDS is not a real thing .

The Smollett case proves it is very much a REAL THING.
And a case to do a Smollett editorial toon then Ben Garrison tweeted.

https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/sta...64805167636481

Old 02-23-2019, 08:29 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,519,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Disturbingly, I have come across people who are still sticking up for Smollett. They claim that, even if he did fake the attack/letter, the stress of living under a Trump presidency is to blame
Omg, for real?
I had a couple of girls at work doing the same thing, sticking up for him. But that was before it was proven he faked it.
NOW they are complaining that the police shouldn't focus on him anymore, and move on to other crimes. They brought up the fact that all the cops do is focusing on Smollets lies and not on the black girls that has gone missing in Chicago as of lately; a black pregnant postal worker for instance. Gone and without a trace.

Anyhow, if these 20 something detectives were not looking for Smollett and his attackers, they could have done just that. Been solving other, real crimes.

SMH

Old 02-23-2019, 08:54 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,604,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Omg, for real?
I had a couple of girls at work doing the same thing, sticking up for him. But that was before it was proven he faked it.
NOW they are complaining that the police shouldn't focus on him anymore, and move on to other crimes. They brought up the fact that all the cops do is focusing on Smollets lies and not on the black girls that has gone missing in Chicago as of lately; a black pregnant postal worker for instance. Gone and without a trace.

Anyhow, if these 20 something detectives were not looking for Smollett and his attackers, they could have done just that. Been solving other, real crimes.

SMH
Why do people think they are NOT putting every resource into that little girl? They didn't tell us everything about this case either until later.

Anyway, the POLICE want people to give as much attention to the fake crime as they did when they thought it was real because what he did DAMAGED the police department and resources are not infinite. They could have been dedicating more to real cases. And I forget what else he said, but that Spokesman is MAD.

Old 02-23-2019, 09:08 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,021,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Omg, for real?

SMH
lol They would not have been involved if Smollett didn't file a false report of a fake crime in the first place. It started off as an investigation into what they thought was a genuine crime; even if they had their suspicions, they had to treat it as such. It was their job to solve it once the report was filed. They did just that. People are so ridiculous, they'll say whatever they have to to fit their narrative, no matter how utterly stupid.

Old 02-23-2019, 09:23 PM

19,860 posts, read 12,145,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
This is not really uncommon. A writer appearing on MSNBC alleges that the case is a conspiracy by Chicago Police to frame Smollet. He notes that the police union openly supported Trump in 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jepse8tHMsI
I saw this clip before but his question at the end is odd. “Just who do we believe of these two suspect...people?”

Old 02-23-2019, 09:47 PM

10,010 posts, read 5,715,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
To summarize:
  1. Jussie may have lied
  2. But I found his story believable
  3. Therefore, Orange Man Bad™

Old 02-23-2019, 10:34 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,747,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasser View Post
That guy is going to fight hard; this charge will boil down to he said, they said, and the brothers may be charged and JS may walk.
I don't think he ends up doing even a day of time for the fake police report

The white powder through the US Postal Service, however, I expect at least a year sentence and at least a few months served on that sentence

Old 02-23-2019, 11:18 PM

21,490 posts, read 10,607,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
It triggered him, they say. What triggered him to pretend to be his brother when he was pulled over for drunk driving?

Anyway, he has stopped claiming to be innocent and going the untreated drug problem is to blame.
Which may be the truth. Anyone who came up with that hoax had to be either on drugs or stupid or both.

CPD probably would have done the bare minimum on the hate crime report if the FBI weren’t already involved and suspicious. The letter was received 8 days before the fateful night, which was plenty of time to tie it to the two Nigerians. They probably suspected Jussie’s involvement there but didn’t have anything to tie them together.

I think they strung him along on the phone records knowing they already had copies with those guys’ phone numbers listed, but they needed to tie it to this hoax so waited to see what Jussie was going to redact. And it so happens that Jussie redacted those numbers.

From what I read from all the reporting was that the police had already found that the brothers took a ride share and was in that area at the time in question, and knew their flight schedule back to the United States from Nigeria. And by the time his interview aired on GMA, the brothers were already in custody.

I just can’t for the life of me figure how anyone in this day and age doesn’t know the feds don’t ever fail to trace threatening letters, especially since 911.

Old 02-23-2019, 11:19 PM

29,528 posts, read 22,735,060 times
Yup, I called it.

Terrence Howard Expresses Support for Jussie Smollett After Felony Charge: 'We Love the Hell Outta You'

Quote:
Terrence Howard has Jussie Smollett's back.

Days after Smollett was arrested on a felony disorderly conduct charge for allegedly filing a false police report, and then dropped from the final two episodes of Empire's season, Howard took to Instagram to express his support to his onscreen son.

"All your lil homies got you... We love the hell outta you ♥️," Howard, who plays Lucious Lyon on the Fox series, wrote on Saturday. The video featured Smollett playing with the actor's son, Hero, while on a private plane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies