Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 07:15 AM

78,552 posts, read 60,762,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I know, I read that. I'm just surprised that nearly a dozen workers got fired over it. If Jussie did not do what he did, these women would have never been fired. IT is connected.
If the beer maker hadn't made the beer that my buddy stole in highschool from the grocery store he worked at he never would have been fired.

Thus, it was all the fault of the beer maker.

Old 03-08-2019, 07:19 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,645,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I know, I read that. I'm just surprised that nearly a dozen workers got fired over it. If Jussie did not do what he did, these women would have never been fired. IT is connected.
We can blame Jussie for being a liar but these employees know what the drill is and they still chose to access a patient record they shouldn't have accessed. That's on them.

There is ongoing training when it comes to compliance and this is one of the best hospitals in the city. They can't afford to mess around with patient privacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
^^^^This.

They broke the LAW, this isn't getting dismissed for political correctness.
And they knew better but just couldn't help themselves. They're as dumb about their careers as Smollett was.

Old 03-08-2019, 08:23 AM

10,001 posts, read 5,708,601 times
Still smells like selective enforcement to me. I bet if Northwestern conducted an audit to determine how many of its personnel had viewed someone's medical records without any medical need to do so and fired everyone who did, they'd have to shut down for lack of staff.

Old 03-08-2019, 08:47 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,816,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Still smells like selective enforcement to me. I bet if Northwestern conducted an audit to determine how many of its personnel had viewed someone's medical records without any medical need to do so and fired everyone who did, they'd have to shut down for lack of staff.
They should be held accountable as well. Just like cops, DMV workers, etc. who access data without cause. No one made them do it.

Old 03-08-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
No they wouldn't. You WILL lose your job and can be fined and imprisoned for HIPAA violations. It's no joke. Most people with such access are ethical and wouldn't do that.

Old 03-08-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
No they wouldn't. You WILL lose your job and can be fined and imprisoned for HIPAA violations. It's no joke. Most people with such access are ethical and wouldn't do that.
Yeah, OK.

I've worked in various highly secured environments for two decades. Sometimes you come across information you shouldn't have, whether it was careless or inadvertent or the parties involved didn't realize it was a violation at the time. It's not really a problem unless that information leaves the office. Otherwise, if everyone in my office got fired for inadvertently laying eyes on protected information or allowing information they're supposed to protect to end up in front of someone else's eyes, there'd be virtually nobody left here -- including many of the people who'd be doing the firing.

Old 03-08-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Yeah, OK.

I've worked in various highly secured environments for two decades. Sometimes you come across information you shouldn't have, whether it was careless or inadvertent or the parties involved didn't realize it was a violation at the time. It's not really a problem unless that information leaves the office. Otherwise, if everyone in my office got fired for inadvertently laying eyes on protected information or allowing information they're supposed to protect to end up in front of someone else's eyes, there'd be virtually nobody left here -- including many of the people who'd be doing the firing.
You don't really get it. You can't accidentally happen upon this information in a hospital. And there's no such thing as not knowing what protocol is in a hospital setting. You're dreaming if you think things are that relaxed.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised there were as many as a dozen idiots who took the risk knowing that IT logs show who looked at what and when they looked at it.

Most information I have in doing my job cannot be discussed. How long do you think I'd keep my job or be able to get work in my industry if I wasn't ethical?

My son will be immediately fired if he takes his cell phone out in the department he works in.

Every industry has it's rules / regulations. Most people are ethical and follow them.

Old 03-08-2019, 12:29 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,816,095 times
Quote:
You don't really get it. You can't accidentally happen upon this information in a hospital. And there's no such thing as not knowing what protocol is in a hospital setting. You're dreaming if you think things are that relaxed.
You mean the patient chart isn't dangling on a clipboard at the foot of the bed?

Old 03-08-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
[snip]

Quite frankly, I'm surprised there were as many as a dozen idiots who took the risk knowing that IT logs show who looked at what and when they looked at it.

[/snip]
And yet you're willing to take the accusation as presented at face value without any curiosity about context or details?

I guess this entire thread was lost on you.

Quote:
You don't really get it.
LOL. Don't even.

Old 03-08-2019, 12:35 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,135,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
we'll see if this pans out..

in before 'trump's fault trump's fault!'
We pretty much now know how it panned out. And as usual.... a hoax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies