Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 02:19 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times

Advertisements

Because there hasnt been enough fake news in the last week

Old 01-29-2019, 02:32 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Ok, I missed the part about the noose.

So, allegedly, 2 "Trump supporters" were wandering around the neighborhood at 2 am, see this celebrity, instantly know who he is, and just happen to have a noose with them?

REALLY PEOPLE?
Ski masks, noose, bleach and just happen to be lying in wait at 2 AM, waiting for their chance to commit a racial hate crime against a minorly well known actor in a secondary part on a network TV show? The noose + bleach + 2AM in -20 wind chills = premeditation as well as pretty serious dedication to the cause of hate crime'ing...if even remotely true.

Couple other "wait a sec, wtf" things pop right out of the story as well.

1) Gets a noose put around his neck and bleach poured on him...after a beating...but drives himself to the hospital? Is he a real life super hero, because putting a beating on a guy, a noose around his neck and then pouring bleach on him...in neg20-30 deg wind chill Chicago at 2AM seems like it would have resulted in a much more dire outcome than "he drove himself to the hospital and is in good condition."

2) No witnesses? He was attacked outside a Subway restaurant? Now, given the timeline, the only Subway near Northwestern Memorial Hospital that is open at 2AM is ON THAT HOSPITAL'S CAMPUS. Odd place for a hate crime, but also super convenient for self-transport. Super duper convenient...

3) Both O'Hare and Midway have 24 hour food outlets. Why the need to go out at 2AM in the freezing cold when the airport you landed in has all night food before you ever leave the airport?

4) If the attack happened within self-transport distance of Northwestern Memorial, then that would be almost dead center of rich people heaven on the north side. Another fun fact about the Chicago's North Side...it is one of the most gay and minority friendly urban areas in America. Loyola and DePaul have seriously high percentages of gay and/or minority students, as does Northwestern. The North Side is kinda famous for it. So two masked MAGA troglodytes waiting to go all hate crime-y on Smollett on the hospital campus at 2AM, on the gay/minority friendly side of the city, and the seriously liberal part of town...it makes less sense the more you ponder it. If anything, that part of Chicago is about as far from "MAGA country" as you can get in Illinois.

5) There is no Subway near Lower Water. The two closest to Lower Water close at 11 PM (205 E. Ohio) and 12 AM (317 Dearborne). The only Subway close to Lower Water, that is also open at 2 AM is the one on the Northwestern Memorial Campus.

6) Speaking of a Subway on a hospital campus...there aren't many places in most cities outside of banks and government offices that have more 24/7 security than major hospitals. Just such a weird place for two MAGA hitmen to stage their Hate Crime of the Week.

Yeah...spend any time really pondering this, and it really doesn't add up.

Old 01-29-2019, 02:56 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Ski masks, noose, bleach and just happen to be lying in wait at 2 AM, waiting for their chance to commit a racial hate crime against a minorly well known actor in a secondary part on a network TV show? The noose + bleach + 2AM in -20 wind chills = premeditation as well as pretty serious dedication to the cause of hate crime'ing...if even remotely true.

Couple other "wait a sec, wtf" things pop right out of the story as well.

1) Gets a noose put around his neck and bleach poured on him...after a beating...but drives himself to the hospital? Is he a real life super hero, because putting a beating on a guy, a noose around his neck and then pouring bleach on him...in neg20-30 deg wind chill Chicago at 2AM seems like it would have resulted in a much more dire outcome than "he drove himself to the hospital and is in good condition."

2) No witnesses? He was attacked outside a Subway restaurant? Now, given the timeline, the only Subway near Northwestern Memorial Hospital that is open at 2AM is ON THAT HOSPITAL'S CAMPUS. Odd place for a hate crime, but also super convenient for self-transport. Super duper convenient...

3) Both O'Hare and Midway have 24 hour food outlets. Why the need to go out at 2AM in the freezing cold when the airport you landed in has all night food before you ever leave the airport?

4) If the attack happened within self-transport distance of Northwestern Memorial, then that would be almost dead center of rich people heaven on the north side. Another fun fact about the Chicago's North Side...it is one of the most gay and minority friendly urban areas in America. Loyola and DePaul have seriously high percentages of gay and/or minority students, as does Northwestern. The North Side is kinda famous for it. So two masked MAGA troglodytes waiting to go all hate crime-y on Smollett on the hospital campus at 2AM, on the gay/minority friendly side of the city, and the seriously liberal part of town...it makes less sense the more you ponder it. If anything, that part of Chicago is about as far from "MAGA country" as you can get in Illinois.

5) There is no Subway near Lower Water. The two closest to Lower Water close at 11 PM (205 E. Ohio) and 12 AM (317 Dearborne). The only Subway close to Lower Water, that is also open at 2 AM is the one on the Northwestern Memorial Campus.

6) Speaking of a Subway on a hospital campus...there aren't many places in most cities outside of banks and government offices that have more 24/7 security than major hospitals. Just such a weird place for two MAGA hitmen to stage their Hate Crime of the Week.

Yeah...spend any time really pondering this, and it really doesn't add up.
The one way it adds up is if he got catfished or otherwise set up, maybe a jealous ex or the partner of someone that was cheating with the actor. Maybe he popped out to a gay bar in the area and some gay guys decided to rough him up and try to red-herring it with maga comments. The chances of this being random are close to zero imo because the attackers as described clearly prepared for it and knew who he was.

The proof in the pudding so to speak will be when he signs the police report affirming to the attack an they launch a thorough investigation including the cameras in the area.

Old 01-29-2019, 03:00 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
I’m a fan of Empire and this story is fishy. You have to really have some serious hate to run around attacking people in -20 degree weather.

Old 01-29-2019, 03:42 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I’m a fan of Empire and this story is fishy. You have to really have some serious hate to run around attacking people in -20 degree weather.
Not to mention... you have to have some serious love for Subway to walk over a mile in -20 degree weather.

the closest 24 hr Subway is 6/10ths of a mile from the scene of the attack.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:06 PM

21,478 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So two wannabe Klansman complete with ski masks, rope and bleach on hand just happened to be driving around at 2 in the morning in subzero weather, spot the guy and yell "hey, aren't you that guy from Empire!", as if MAGA people even would even know who the hell this D-list actor is?

can't help but be suspicious
And if it was that cold, wouldn’t he be completely bundled up and unrecognizable on the street?

Old 01-29-2019, 05:06 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Ski masks, noose, bleach...
... and yelling, "MAGA country!" according to ABC evening news, which apparently has no doubts at all about the veracity of the story.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:08 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Well now, isn't it interesting that you just said that. I'm not "part of his demographic" is why I don't know who he is. And I agree - I have no clue who he is, I don't have tv so I've never seen "Empire" nor have I ever even heard of the show, and I don't listen to what most people listen to when it comes to music - not even pop. So if he's easy listening, jazz, rap, R&B, whatever, you're right, I have no clue who he is.

And guess what? That means that many white Trump supporters would also not have a damn clue who he is.

Edit: Just looked it up. According to one article, it's R&B. Nope, I don't listen to that. Now, tell me, Bobdreamz, how many "racist" Trump supporters do you think sit around watching "Empire" and listening to "R&B"? If they are so racist, they wouldn't listen to that music nor watch that show - so how the hell would they know who this person is on the streets at 2am on a blustery freezing Chicago morning - while carrying a noose and a bottle of bleach?

Tell me, just how much sense that all makes.
Just wanted to note you are not a typical Trump supporter lol.

I know a lot of Trump supporters who are white dudes in the city I live in and they watch TV all the time, especially Fox News and TMZ. They also are hip hop fans and fans of R&B.

My main FB friend who is a Trump nut, I went to school with him and he is a white hip hop head but is VERY homophobic and xenophobic. He says some racists things but doesn't think he's racist (lol but most racists don't think or admit to being racist and I honestly would say he is just very prejudiced and prone to buying into stereotypes). He has watched "Empire" and he has spoken negatively about Smollet's character on "Empire" and on the creator of the show who is a gay black man.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:10 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Maga deplorables acting deplorable. Move along, nothing to see here

Old 01-29-2019, 05:12 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Chicago Police Deny Claim That Jussie Smollett Identified Attackers as White, Heard Them Say 'MAGA'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies