Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 11:11 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

No

He wrote a check to the brothers who "attacked" him.

Old 02-21-2019, 11:12 AM

19,826 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Watch Jussie's GMA interview. He claimed he was attacked because, “I come really, really hard against 45,” “I come really, really hard against his administration and I don’t hold my tongue.”
He couldn't control his smirk when he said that. I’ve watched the interview twice since the truth has come out and it is pure gold. He insisted on Roberts being the one who interviewed him. This interview should be studied in every journalism class.

Old 02-21-2019, 11:13 AM

Actor Jussie Smollett faces a felony charge for allegedly filing a false police report

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/enter...ack/index.html

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times
Why not hire white people to beat you up? Why black Nigerians? Did he think this through? I sometimes have problems believing someone can be that much of an idiot.

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Well I'll admit, my first impression of this was wrong (i.e., I believed the story was most likely true though never outright committed to a strong opinion). This is a clear example of why we should wait to have all the facts before rushing to judgment, much like the Covington Catholic incident.
That's fair enough...and I'll leave my questions out of it about why you thought it, but will say that it's respectable that you have the integrity to admit this. I'm still waiting for others, who were bashing on those of us who called this fake from the start, to admit this, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Congrats Jussie, you just added massive power to every inbred Klan lover and skin head out there. Great job!

(idiot)
Are you implying that Trump supporters are Klan lovers and skin heads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
They’re tripping over themselves to delete their tweets.

They need to lock him up for all 3 years, no bail or early release. He intentionally tried to divide America further by “weaponzing” his race and sexual orientation for personal gain and wasted police resources.
Too bad for them that people do screen shots and archives immediately. They can delete all they want, we have them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Haha. Wasn't the producer/editor/whatever of that show standing by Jussie just a couple of days ago?

I'm guessing that character will be written out now. Rather fast.
They went from "He's not being written out of the show" to slashing half of his appearances to maybe suspending him. Just wait, he's done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
CPD says he did it (letter & fake attack) because Jussie was unhappy w/ his Empire salary.
I'm not buying this excuse. I still think there's more to it than that. Yes, if he had gotten away with it, he could have definitely become an A list actor overnight, but I really believe there was more behind this than "I didn't like my salary". That's just absurd and makes zero sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He was spot on with his condemnation of Smollet and our sick fascination with famous people - no matter how many regular people get actually shot on a daily basis.
That we can agree on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
He was smearing Trump supporters too but the Democrats want you to ignore that and Democrats will be compliant.

Makes me think that if they can't find cases of racism they'll make it up to support their accusations against Trump supporters.
Yes, many are. So, just like President Trump did this morning, you keep talking about it. The Dems are loud and never ending - it's time the right start throwing it all back at them. Get just as loud and relentless as them. Every time one of them says something about how "now real hate crimes will be met with skepticism" etc, etc, etc, you remind them about how this twit smeared all Trump supporters, how the media leaped onto that little bandwagon with glee, "This is twenty nineteen" "this was a modern day lynching" on and on and on....remind them, over and over again.

Also, thanks to the person who linked the video of the press briefing. They eviscerated Smollett AND the media. "This didn't get any special attention, YOU ALL gave this more attention, specifically, than we do...we gave every hate crime in this city the same amount of vigor because there's no place for hatred in this city..." His response to some clown shoe in the media asking why CPD gave this particular case "special attention". He is LIT!

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 02-21-2019 at 11:22 AM..

Old 02-21-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Why not hire white people to beat you up? Why black Nigerians? Did he think this through? I sometimes have problems believing someone can be that much of an idiot.
Most criminals think they are smarter than the authority or regular folks.

'Oh, I will never get caught.' This is their mentality. lol

Old 02-21-2019, 11:17 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,404,518 times
I waited to see if this whole thing was a hoax before I voted...Now I know.

Old 02-21-2019, 11:17 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Does this idiot Smollett have any idea how much damage he has done to the cause he obviously cherishes so much?
The only cause he “cherishes” is his own. He’s probably faking gay as well.

Old 02-21-2019, 11:18 AM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

I'm not buying this excuse. I still think there's more to it than that. Yes, if he had gotten away with it, he could have definitely become an A list actor overnight, but I really believe there was more behind this than "I didn't like my salary". That's just absurd and makes zero sense.

Old 02-21-2019, 11:19 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times
My question is why did he hire those guys?

Just so there would be a couple of guys on surveillance cameras in the vicinity at the time of the "incident"? The incident was not caught on video after all.

I mean, they didn't rough him up. They didn't even "play" rough him up. Did they scratch him?

He could have done the whole stupid thing by himself is my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies