Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 10:12 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,771,330 times

Advertisements

Hey liberals, look over here, not there, just ignore that he was also smearing Trump supporters which the media used the bull horns against Trump supporters when they thought it was true.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:17 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,771,330 times
He was smearing Trump supporters too but the Democrats want you to ignore that and Democrats will be compliant.

Makes me think that if they can't find cases of racism they'll make it up to support their accusations against Trump supporters.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:25 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,535,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
His bigger problem will be with Federal authorities if they have evidence he sent himself the threatening letter with the fake white powder. That had to take a lot of man hours, a haze mat team.

His troubles are just now starting. If it was just the false report with the CPD he might get probation. I see jail time for this pretty boy who will be very popular behind bars.

His Felony should be considered a hate crime.
You mean the apparent federal violation. Good observation. Now with a new AG in charge, maybe we will start to see these standards applied to everyone evenly.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:27 AM

9,996 posts, read 5,703,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
SA Kim Foxx recused herself because she inserted herself into the situation by contacting someone in the Smollett family to act as a mediator between Jussie and the CPD.

Completely inappropriate behavior for an SA and shows the level of corrupt idiots we have running the joint.
She was in contact with Jussie's family early in the investigation when he was initially considered a victim. In a high-profile case like this it makes sense for the SA herself to speak with the family rather than assign an underling to be the go-between. Foxx makes me ashamed to live anywhere near Cook County but I don't see anything unprofessional either in her being in direct contact with the family to give them case updates nor especially in recusing herself afterward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
CPD says he did it (letter & fake attack) because Jussie was unhappy w/ his Empire salary.
I bet he's gonna be REAL unhappy with having ZERO salary from Empire going forward.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:27 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,095,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
He was smearing Trump supporters too but the Democrats want you to ignore that and Democrats will be compliant.

Makes me think that if they can't find cases of racism they'll make it up to support their accusations against Trump supporters.
no reason whatsoever to make up any racism claims against those

Old 02-21-2019, 10:28 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,535,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Actually it's incitement, more than a hate crime. He was trying to stir up trouble. A hate crime is one aimed at an identifiable group.
This is interesting. I am not familiar with "incitement" as a charge. Any chance you can expand on that a bit?

Old 02-21-2019, 10:29 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,151,882 times
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...15818512941057

Old 02-21-2019, 10:29 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,741,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
His bigger problem will be with Federal authorities if they have evidence he sent himself the threatening letter with the fake white powder. That had to take a lot of man hours, a haze mat team.

His troubles are just now starting. If it was just the false report with the CPD he might get probation. I see jail time for this pretty boy who will be very popular behind bars.

His Felony should be considered a hate crime.
The whole first paragraph I don't take issue with, but I do with the bolded. I don't see the point of this inclusion, it comes across as if you're implying that he'll be raped in prison and its very inclusion in your post suggests that you delight in this fact. If I'm reading your tone wrong, can you say why you included that?

I understand being upset with false accusations and the premature-mass-hysteria that's been occurring lately as a result of the social media age, but it's a little messed up to poke fun at someone for the potential physical abuse they'd receive in prison. Especially when his potential crime is merely for lying (I'll still reserve judgment until all the facts come out).

Old 02-21-2019, 10:39 AM

21,956 posts, read 9,541,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
he also lied to the FBI. I hear people can go to jail for that. I know liberals really hate that stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
and I was being ridiculed because I said this may be tied to Harris...…….
I have said this all along. I can't help but wonder if Johnson knows the real reason and he is just protecting future possible black Presidential nominees.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:39 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,095,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
The whole first paragraph I don't take issue with, but I do with the bolded. I don't see the point of this inclusion, it comes across as if you're implying that he'll be raped in prison and its very inclusion in your post suggests that you delight in this fact. If I'm reading your tone wrong, can you say why you included that?

I understand being upset with false accusations and the premature-mass-hysteria that's been occurring lately as a result of the social media age, but it's a little messed up to poke fun at someone for the potential physical abuse they'd receive in prison. Especially when his potential crime is merely for lying (I'll still reserve judgment until all the facts come out).
wouldn't read too much into that, probably just fantasizing is all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies