Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 03:38 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I already commented on that way back in the thread. He didn't even want to call the cops, so why would he leave it around his neck if he wasn't going to call the cops? According to information that was put out before the manager claimed to have been on the phone at the time of the alleged incident, he walked back to his apartment and it was 40 something minutes later that his manager called him. It was then that the manager convinced him to call police.

So if he wasn't going to call the police, no, he wasn't keeping it as "evidence".

As to the question of why would his manager be calling him at almost 3am? Remember, he had just got off a flight. Perhaps his manager was calling him to make sure he got there okay.
Missed your post on this - but great point. I didn't raise any eyebrows about a phone call at that hour...until I'd read he wouldn't show evidence of the call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
So he can't just hold it in his hand to preserve evidence??? He would want to keep it around his neck, and then not tell security or anyone about the incident until much after the fact??? Doesn't sound make a lot of sense or indicate presence of mind to me. Sounds shady....
You don't really want to touch anything that could be dusted for fingerprints. But in this case, he said they were wearing gloves, so no fingerprints would have been left behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
He's apparently watched enough crimes shows to know about physical evidence... such as hair, fiber or DNA.

Assuming this, removing and bagging the rope as soon as possible would preserve more evidence than wearing it as a neck tie for some 40 odd minutes.

It still don't add up.
Nothing about it does.

Read what one cop is saying in the entry titled 'Making Gains' here:

Second City Cop

Old 02-02-2019, 03:44 PM

334 posts, read 227,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
And wouldn't it be crazy that like I said in the rest of my post, someone who hates you so much they beat you up and symbolically lynch you they'd leave your sandwich in tact? And you think the Subway plastic wrap is immune to bleach?
So, you didn't say this: "And you believe this man, who has more money than most of us posting, would eat a sandwich off the ground of downtown Chicago?..." LOL.

Old 02-02-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Oh brother. It's not about him picking up a sandwich and eating it off the ground (the poster I was responding to implied this by saying if someone was attacked they'd drop their sandwich and then retrieve it afterwards), it's about the fact that him strolling into his condo with the sandwich means this hate crime attack didn't happen at all. Some sort of spat where someone scratched his face, yes, but not an attack.
and I quote:"And you believe this man, who has more money than most of us posting, would eat a sandwich off the ground of downtown Chicago?"

Old 02-02-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
If you're talking about moi, I wasn't just shocked he walked in holding his sandwich. It's the culmination of everything we know (per the police) so far ....

He's only off camera for a hot minute.

There's no video of the attack, people running, Smollett running, nada.

He waltzes in to the building past security with the rope draped across his neck and holding a sandwich and says nothing to the security.

He doesn't call the police immediately. Doesn't want to turn over his phone.

The only witness who saw someone gives a description of someone who is significantly different than the description offered op by JS. And shocker - police can't find anyone on any video who matches what she describes.

And JS is still wearing the rope when the cops show up about 45 minutes later.

And then when you look at JS's twitter, he comes off as a bit unhinged with TDS.

So yeah, the whole mess one big eye roll.
Well, since I clearly quoted who I was responding to in that post, and, it wasn't you.....

Old 02-02-2019, 04:49 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,477,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Who stops to grab a sammy after being physically attacked, doused with bleach & having a noose slung around their neck?

For that matter, who leaves the noose around their neck, grabs a sammy with it on & then walks home with it on?

None of this adds up at all. It's another hate crime hoax.
I tried to post that tweet. I couldn't and now I see you did. Thank you! lol

Old 02-02-2019, 05:25 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,502,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Who stops to grab a sammy after being physically attacked, doused with bleach & having a noose slung around their neck?

For that matter, who leaves the noose around their neck, grabs a sammy with it on & then walks home with it on?

None of this adds up at all. It's another hate crime hoax.
Well it depends, was it a six inch or a foot long.

Old 02-02-2019, 05:38 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,054,522 times
Did he buy the sandwich before or after the attack?

Old 02-02-2019, 05:47 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,802,696 times
I think this is one of those situations where there will will not be any evidence to prove or refute a claim. Thus, it becomes a matter of belief.

Old 02-02-2019, 06:08 PM

2,814 posts, read 2,279,917 times
For those arguing this is a drug deal or hook up gone bad, how do you square that with the threatening letter received days earlier?

It seems unlikely that he would have received MAGA hate mail right before days before he was independently mugged.
Alternately, He was out and about in the days in between the two incidents. So it doesn't seem likely he was mugged, created a fake mail scam and then staged a fake mugging days later to explain away a bruise?

Old 02-02-2019, 06:34 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,605,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endoplasmic View Post
So, you didn't say this: "And you believe this man, who has more money than most of us posting, would eat a sandwich off the ground of downtown Chicago?..." LOL.
You conveniently left off the person I was replying to. And I guess those Subway sandwich artisans are so adept that the sandwich would NEVER come out of the wrapper in the middle of a violent assault, and they somehow protect against bleach? Amazing! Not to mention the sandwich is now cold as ice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies