Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 07:32 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,884,916 times

Advertisements

What was he thinking?

Well, fake hate crimes are the "leaked" sextape of the 2010's.

Quick and theoretically easy way to gain attention and/or keep you in the limelight.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:32 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,816,569 times
He should have to pay out of pocket for the investigation and the hospital.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:33 PM

5,076 posts, read 2,287,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yep. The CPD may have to worry about appearance, but the FBI doesn't care about "your feelings". I haven't heard anything about the crayon drawing, but if he did indeed fake that one as well, (which I'm going to bet he did), he really screwed up.

All he had to do was keep it simple. Everyone else would have filled in the blanks to fit their bias - and he would have garnered sympathy all over the place, would have given the TDS inflicted something else to carry on about, and Jussie would be looking at a boost in sales, requests for tour dates, movie role after movie role - he would have been able to milk that thing dry.

He will still have his excuse makers - the kind who will say things like how "sad" it was that he "felt that he needed to do this" in order to "bring awareness" or some such other nonsense, or the people who will flat out refuse to believe any of the evidence - but overall, the large majority on the internet alone didn't buy that story - black and white, left and right - people were suspicious right from the very beginning. That can be career ending. Hollywood can be forgiving to some, but it is not forgiving to all, based on what the person did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, to correct again: He never said they were white. He never said they wore MAGA hats. ALL he said was that they yelled "This is MAGA country" and that they put a noose around him and poured bleach on him. That doesn't vindicate him in anyway, but let's keep to the facts when talking about his alleged paid hoax (which I believe is indeed a hoax).

As if that weren't bad enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You know what the story will shift to if he's charged with anything? That if he were white, he wouldn't have been charged with anything - and there will be outrage over that.

You just KNOW that someone will actually claim this.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:34 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,421,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
CNN has reported about Jussie's hoax. I hope Kamla Harris, Don Lemon, Corey Booker, and others call for his head. As a black man in this country, I realize that we are our biggest enemies -- it's not white supremacy, the media, the police, the system or anything else. We will always be at the bottom when we have people like Jussie perpetrating this victimhood mentality and absolving ourselves of personal responsibility.

I hope police press charges swiftly.

Thank you for saying this. This took courage.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:34 PM

39,101 posts, read 51,306,911 times
My Gawd! This is worse than milli vanilli.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:36 PM

52,695 posts, read 34,630,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You know what the story will shift to if he's charged with anything? That if he were white, he wouldn't have been charged with anything - and there will be outrage over that.
I can definitely see the media going with that.
hundreds, if not thousands of hours of police time wasted on this disgusting hoax. how many real crimes did they have to put on hold in the meantime?
and what about the manager, who had to have been in on this with his claim of hearing ‘MAGA country’ while on the phone with hoaxster jussie? will they be investigating and charging him as well?

Old 02-16-2019, 07:37 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,298,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
Has a good career, makes good money, no known personal or life problems, has friends and the respect of his colleagues in the entertainment industry, lives in a high end apartment building......concocts fake hate crime attack upon himself. What the hell was he thinking?
Yeah, it is surprising he took it this far. He had a good reputation. I suspect he felt this hoax would boost his career and give him a hero status as self-styled social justice activist. He likely assumed police would go through the motions and let the case die (frankly many of us on this thread thought the same.)

Perhaps more than any of that, he lives in an ideological echo chamber where MAGA hate squads tracking down minor actors at 2am for modern day lynchings didn't seem unusual in the least, but rather just another f-ing day in America.

36,754 posts, read 14,855,583 times
Al Sharpton's awfully quiet...

5,450 posts, read 8,771,914 times
This whole thing is just messed up.

True victims will have a hard time being believed and that’s a shame.

How in the world will someone spin this to bringing awareness. Awareness to lying? I hope it brings awareness to lying on a police report.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:38 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,798,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
What was he thinking?

Well, fake hate crimes are the "leaked" sextape of the 2010's.

Quick and theoretically easy way to gain attention and/or keep you in the limelight.
He’s releasing an album next month....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies