Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 05:55 PM

30,379 posts, read 23,850,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
The same person who told them to be a Roger Stone's house when the FBI raided it?
I read the comments in one of the tweet threads we posted here, and that sent me on a search to see if I could find any evidence of Don Lemon saying that. That was easy to find.

Then I needed to find out if Jussie went to the doctor more than once after the attack - considering the injuries were minor, no one ever mentioned him needing to go again, (because I would bet they would have played that up if it were true), and him being in concert shortly after, led me to believe that he only went to the hospital that night.

Then I had to find out when he went. It was really early morning hours.

Then suddenly, there's Don Lemon, who isn't even a friend of his, calling him up to see how he's doing when the news hadn't even been sent to the news at that time.

It makes the whole thing fishy.

Now we've got CNN and that one guy who has been providing constant updates saying that police sources are saying Jussie paid the 2 guys to stage the attack - and you throw Don Lemon into the middle of that with his unexpected phone call that took place before anyone outside the police even knew wth was going on, and you have to wonder what role he played.

We'll never find that out, I'm sure. I'm not going to accept that anyone had time to contact Don Lemon in that 2 hour time frame - unless, you know, it was all fake and they made a point to contact him because they know he works for CNN.

I won't go as far to say that he knew it was fake - but it wouldn't surprise me, either.

A friend of a friend gets attacked and you're up and calling them at 3-4 in the morning? Oh sure, that happens all the time. /s

Old 02-16-2019, 05:57 PM

24,805 posts, read 9,578,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I always think it was funny he thought some MAGA dudes would even know what Empire was.
Bingo, not only would they have no clue what Empire was, they would have no idea who Jussie Smollet is. He could be walking in a mall and hardly anyone knows who he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Why would it?
Because victims of true hate crimes need to be taken seriously, Jussie Smollett just ruined that

Old 02-16-2019, 06:00 PM

10,066 posts, read 15,741,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Lock him up! What was his point? Was he trying to garner fake sympathy or faux outrage to rally against Trump? Did he think the cops weren't going to investigate?
The FBI have been looking into this. Smollett will be charged.

Old 02-16-2019, 06:01 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,383,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
What a disgrace. I hope Jussie Smollet is blackballed by Hollywood AND sees hard federal jail time.

How embarrassing, this will set race relations back for years.

Step 1: Pay two Nigerians to stage an attack
Step 2: Claim the perps were white and wearing MAGA hats
Step 3: Hope the police don't investigate
Step 4: Hire a high powered lawyer so you don't go to jail
You can't make this stuff up if you tried!

Old 02-16-2019, 06:04 PM

26,619 posts, read 15,183,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
He has already hired a defense lawyer now that it is confirmed who was in the surveillance video...I kind of feel sad for anyone who still believes this loser.

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/16/jussi...efense-lawyer/

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/16/niger...mollet-attack/

Old 02-16-2019, 06:04 PM

24,805 posts, read 9,578,065 times
Quote:
That's some good news. Amazes me that a 36 year old could even think this was something ok to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
You can't make this stuff up if you tried!
I want to hear the pitch. "Hey guys I'm going to pay you to beat me up and then we'll blame it on white people. That'll teach Trump!"

Old 02-16-2019, 06:06 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,630,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsouthoc View Post
i always think it was funny he thought some maga dudes would even know what empire was. :d
ikr

Old 02-16-2019, 06:08 PM

30,379 posts, read 23,850,717 times
Quote:
Yep. The CPD may have to worry about appearance, but the FBI doesn't care about "your feelings". I haven't heard anything about the crayon drawing, but if he did indeed fake that one as well, (which I'm going to bet he did), he really screwed up.

All he had to do was keep it simple. Everyone else would have filled in the blanks to fit their bias - and he would have garnered sympathy all over the place, would have given the TDS inflicted something else to carry on about, and Jussie would be looking at a boost in sales, requests for tour dates, movie role after movie role - he would have been able to milk that thing dry.

He will still have his excuse makers - the kind who will say things like how "sad" it was that he "felt that he needed to do this" in order to "bring awareness" or some such other nonsense, or the people who will flat out refuse to believe any of the evidence - but overall, the large majority on the internet alone didn't buy that story - black and white, left and right - people were suspicious right from the very beginning. That can be career ending. Hollywood can be forgiving to some, but it is not forgiving to all, based on what the person did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, to correct again: He never said they were white. He never said they wore MAGA hats. ALL he said was that they yelled "This is MAGA country" and that they put a noose around him and poured bleach on him. That doesn't vindicate him in anyway, but let's keep to the facts when talking about his alleged paid hoax (which I believe is indeed a hoax).

Old 02-16-2019, 06:21 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,630,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yep. The CPD may have to worry about appearance, but the FBI doesn't care about "your feelings". I haven't heard anything about the crayon drawing, but if he did indeed fake that one as well, (which I'm going to bet he did), he really screwed up.

All he had to do was keep it simple. Everyone else would have filled in the blanks to fit their bias - and he would have garnered sympathy all over the place, would have given the TDS inflicted something else to carry on about, and Jussie would be looking at a boost in sales, requests for tour dates, movie role after movie role - he would have been able to milk that thing dry.

He will still have his excuse makers - the kind who will say things like how "sad" it was that he "felt that he needed to do this" in order to "bring awareness" or some such other nonsense, or the people who will flat out refuse to believe any of the evidence - but overall, the large majority on the internet alone didn't buy that story - black and white, left and right - people were suspicious right from the very beginning. That can be career ending. Hollywood can be forgiving to some, but it is not forgiving to all, based on what the person did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, to correct again: He never said they were white. He never said they wore MAGA hats. ALL he said was that they yelled "This is MAGA country" and that they put a noose around him and poured bleach on him. That doesn't vindicate him in anyway, but let's keep to the facts when talking about his alleged paid hoax (which I believe is indeed a hoax).
In the court of public opinion, yeah. Adding in the MAGA thing was over the top. But for police, they have to investigate a possible hate crime. So he was doomed from the start. The FBI is obligated to get involved with Hate Crimes being their jurisdiction. He's an idiot.

Old 02-16-2019, 06:23 PM

17,663 posts, read 14,796,611 times
https://twitter.com/BenBradleyTV/sta...35503448993792

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies