Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2019, 03:19 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,397,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Of course, Pecker may be cooperating with the investigations (hence the immunity), and they need him for that. But this would even make AMI more cooperative.

His problem may be that Bezos is just going to burn his organization down. Hes going to live in court, and Bezos has the money to fund a ton of lawyers. Peckers net worth is around 12 million. Bezos is pretty annoyed. I mean, like drop a billion in lawyers if needed levels of annoyed. This was a horrifically bad idea. They could have done news about them, etc. But to try and blackmail him? Utterly insane. These are the hallmarks of corruption. When people do this thinking they will get away with it. Bezos is not going to mess around.

Lets put it in perspective. Bezos even after the divorce is worth 70 billion. If someone like AMI had done this to me I'd be pretty angry. Dropping a couple billion to make their lives suck? It would not be unreasonable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 03:23 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,774,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
His problem may be that Bezos is just going to burn his organization down. Hes going to live in court, and Bezos has the money to fund a ton of lawyers. Peckers net worth is around 12 million. Bezos is pretty annoyed. I mean, like drop a billion in lawyers if needed levels of annoyed. This was a horrifically bad idea. They could have done news about them, etc. But to try and blackmail him? Utterly insane. These are the hallmarks of corruption. When people do this thinking they will get away with it. Bezos is not going to mess around.

Lets put it in perspective. Bezos even after the divorce is worth 70 billion. If someone like AMI had done this to me I'd be pretty angry. Dropping a couple billion to make their lives suck? It would not be unreasonable.
In fact, it would be FUN.

Would anyone really be sad if they were no longer forced to see National Enquirer headlines while they're waiting to buy their Cheerios?

Old 02-08-2019, 03:26 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,284,347 times
Another Trump crony turns out to be a crook? Is anyone surprised?

Just curious, but has Trump weighed in on this on Twitter? He seems to love commenting about Bezos--and Pecker is a very good friend.

The Feds are already on it--this is going to be interesting--especially the MBS part. There are no coincidences.

Old 02-08-2019, 03:27 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,951,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That guy needs a New last name.
True story... I once knew a guy named Harry Dick... his parents must have really, really hated kids!

Old 02-08-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Bezos can go after them in court, but the Feds are already involved, so he may have to wait till Pecker goes to jail and is pardoned by Trump.

Old 02-08-2019, 03:39 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,551,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
https://www.ccn.com/jeff-bezos-shock...r-david-pecker

Hot story is that Jeff Bezos, the man Trump loves to hate, has written open letter exposing David Pecker, of National Equirer and AMI fame, and his threat to expose Bezon’s publicly w/salacious photos and other info if Bezos does not stop the WaPo from investigating AMI’s involvement with Trump’s campaign and the connection with the Saudi Royal House...

Bezos has gone public and accused Pecker of attempting to blackmail him w/personal embarrassment (and I guess threats of sexual impropriety) to stop the work of the WaPo reporters

And from what I read I think he likely has a good case

It is not even known if the info Pecker threatens Bezos with are accurate or if they are doctored photos...
I think we all know the history of Pecker’s use of the NE to publish critical/negative/and ultimately untruthful stories about HRC every week during her campaign against Trump
Every one of those stories was a quid pro quo campaign contribution from AMI/NE/Pecker to Trump
And should be investigated as an unreported campaign donation—
Considering how much it could cost to GET that type of story exposure each episode was likely a very hefty contributions—and ALL unreported and thus ILLEGAL...

you don’t threaten the wealthiest man in the Western Hemisphere with something so obvious—
How stupid is Pecker, anyway???
And whose idea what this???
Trump”s???
If he is the person who pressed Pecker to consider this action, isn’t that another felony and conspiracy charge?
I guess Pecker is going to be the new "fixer" since the other one won't be available for a while.

Old 02-08-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I guess Pecker is going to be the new "fixer" since the other one won't be available for a while.
There is always Nunes.

Old 02-08-2019, 04:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,551,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I didn’t see Maddow’s show but Joe and Mika are talking about now (never as good as Rachel but Mimi Rocca was on and she is smart)
The issue is that IF AMI did something illegal either in obtaining the info or in the threat to Bezos then the immunity deal AMI did with SDNY is out the window

They are just SO arrogant and SO stupid
The attorney who sent the letter to Bezos’s attorney could have endangered his law license

They just thought Bezos would cave—
But apparently anyone who has the chutzpah to personally grow a company that makes him the most wealthy man in the world isn’t the sort of guy to cave to AMI threats
I think Bezos bought the WaPo to do exactly what he targets in that message
He wants to support journalism that supports “truth”...

One mention is that AMI MIGHT have gotten the material from not-your-normal-hacker
So the implication was government assets had hacked Bezos to get the incriminating photos—
So do we think that Trump interests would have been subverted and stupid enough to hack Bezos or his girlfriend’s accounts and steal stuff to use against Bezos?
(My opinion is there is NOTHING Trump would not do to protect his ass or people close to him up to a certain point)

I would just mention that doing stuff like this tawdry incrimination scenario is exactly how Trump supposedly was compromised (hotel scene in Steele’s dossier), Profumo’s scandle (look it up), and other politicians were compromised...
This arm-twisting falls directly in line with former Russian krompromat actions...
Maybe the Saudis did it because they want to keep Bezos and WaPo quiet about the Saudi Royal House’s efforts with Kushner’s financing or with the murder of the WaPo journalist...

And it is right up Trump’s past method of using media to target his enemies...
(My opinion is there is NOTHING Trump would not do to protect his ass or people close to him up to a certain point)

Old 02-08-2019, 04:17 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,397,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Bezos can go after them in court, but the Feds are already involved, so he may have to wait till Pecker goes to jail and is pardoned by Trump.

In general most of the blackmail and extortion laws that would apply are state laws. Or have state level alternatives. The pardon power has limits, and this is one of them.

Old 02-08-2019, 05:00 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,508,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Get over it. Obama is no longer President.
wow... liberals are so intelligent

yes obozo is no longer POTUS...same with the shrub, and the serial rapist Clinton, and bushie one too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies