Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2019, 11:56 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Only if mothers have the same option to walk away and leave the child with the father. Good for the goose good for the gander type deal.

Essentially no. It takes two people to make a child, you don't get a free pass by just having a penis. If it's that unwanted, perhaps abortion is an option.

Why does the female get to make all the decisions?

If she doesn't want the child, she gets an abortion and the male has no legal recourse.

If she does want the child, the male will be paying for that child for the next twenty years or so, even if he doesn't want the child.

Of course women don't get abortions because they don't want to be parents.

Women get abortions because they don't want to be pregnant.

Women have always had the option of deserting their children at any time after birth.

They can put them up for adoption or simply turn them over to the state and walk away.

Only men are required to pay for the children they never wanted.

Having said that, in a perfect world both parties would be required to take responsibility for their actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 11:59 AM

2,362 posts, read 778,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
[/b]

Who cares once the kid is born they're still responsible.

LOL that's what losers say once he or she is here they are your responsibility. Useless cowards run the other way.
I see debating with you is impossible since you're either not mature enough or intelligent enough or are just trolling.

Old 01-31-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
But sure, we can cut a deal. The male can pay half the medical fees, lost wages, etc. for either the woman's abortion or delivery to term. & file the appropriate paperwork rejecting further responsibility or rights to the child in question. & after that one pass - or we can work out a number - the male further gets a vasectomy, not to be reversed except upon the concurrence of the court (presumably upon marriage - but the court may have its own ideas about that). A careful player might bank some sperm against future need, of course.

That should take care of the problem.
Why does the man have to get a vasectomy? Why not the woman? Why don't we as a society force women who abort often to remove their uterus or get their tubes tied?

Seems like you have some morbid hatred of men.

Old 01-31-2019, 12:02 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,904,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
I see debating with you is impossible since you're either not mature enough or intelligent enough or are just trolling.
That's your choice whether you debate me or not that's how I view men who have children but don't support them financially or play a positive role in their upbringing. I see them as useless, irresponsible selfish cowards.

Old 01-31-2019, 12:10 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,825,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I guess you don't think it takes a village then??
Absolutely not. When Hillary Clinton came up with that phrase in a 1992 speech I was horrified.

Old 01-31-2019, 12:11 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
After the act the woman has the morning after pill and adoption as options, as well as elective termination.

Fact is there is only one logically consistent viewpoint. Women are equally as responsible as men for becoming pregnant, so either both have to live with the consequences of an unwanted pregnancy, or both have mechanisms to reject those consequences.

Both genders can choose contraception
Both genders can choose abstinence
Both genders are equally responsible in law for every other aspect of their behavior (Except women teachers having sex with underage boys)

Why can't both genders have the same post coital choices?
You're right in that they both have choices to make, but they also both have damaging consequences. The women who don't use birth control might get pregnant, and either raise a child or go through an abortion which could leave her sterile or have a hard time conceiving later. The male might have to pay for said abortion and or pay for a child.

It's not going to be even steven. It can't until men can conceive.

Old 01-31-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
That's your choice whether you debate me or not that's how I view men who have children but don't support them financially or play a positive role in their upbringing. I see them as useless, irresponsible selfish cowards.
Great, no one cares. You have to be actually worth something for other people to consider your opinion. Now it's just a fart in the wind.

Old 01-31-2019, 12:12 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,825,562 times
Beta males better be careful about this...it will stack things against them big time. Women want alpha seed but alpha males understandably don't want to pay support for multiple children. If fathers could opt out of responsibility women will near exclusively have children with alpha males.

Old 01-31-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Beta males better be careful about this...it will stack things against them big time. Women want alpha seed but alpha males understandably don't want to pay support for multiple children. If fathers could opt out of responsibility women will near exclusively have children with alpha males.
How old are you?

Old 01-31-2019, 12:14 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,278,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
A careful player might bank some sperm against future need, of course.
Surprise you to find out, I've done just that?

Shooting blanks, but the bullets are in the bank. Saved me a lot if anxiety.

All I'm hearing from arguments against is that women are weak, can't take responsibility and need support from men. I don't believe that for a moment, but that's the sole conclusion that I can derive from the arguments against.

Is that what you really think? Where are the empowered women who can match or exceed men in all fields of pursuit? A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle (until they become pregnant).

21st century, feminism will never succeed until it permits male gender roles to adjust, and this one thing is a start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies