Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Northam Resign?
Yes, he clearly has a problem and has lost credibility 98 71.53%
No, Democrat leaders in VA are right, he has a great current track record that speaks more than his past 39 28.47%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 06:56 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You should worry about the Virginia Democrat Party and how you all elect racists to the governorship. What do you and the DNC have to say about this, anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
I'm still waiting for the tsunami of condemnation from all those liberals who criticised the Covington kids for wearing MAGA hats.
But you've gotta love the Democrats for being the party that keeps on giving.
https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/1091508894306832385
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 06:57 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Here's my theory:

The Democrats cannot afford to have one of their own go on the air and talk about killing infants. But they couldn't very well bring him down over that, as it would look like they ruin anyone who discloses how heinous the liberal abortion laws are.

So, within days, they coincidently find evidence of Northam's racism, and they can blame his take-down on THAT. That way, the Democrats can sanctimoniously say, "see? When a Democrat acts like a racist, we don't accept it and will pressure him out."

The truth is that this is his punishment for talking about "aborting" an infant after he's born.

Old 02-02-2019, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Here's my theory:

The Democrats cannot afford to have one of their own go on the air and talk about killing infants. But they couldn't very well bring him down over that, as it would look like they ruin anyone who discloses how heinous the liberal abortion laws are.

So, within days, they coincidently find evidence of Northam's racism, and they can blame his take-down on THAT. That way, the Democrats can sanctimoniously say, "see? When a Democrat acts like a racist, we don't accept it and will pressure him out."

The truth is that this is his punishment for talking about "aborting" an infant after he's born.
Sooo...

This is what you go with, huh?

Interesting.

Old 02-02-2019, 06:59 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
The ads are not equivalent. Gillespie was painting MS-13 gang members as heinous monsters, which they are; and the other ad, which Northam refused to condemn, painted Republicans as monsters trying to kill blacks, which they are not.
Taken at face value, sure, but Gillespie was also stoking fears and using racial stereotypes against Latinos with several of the ads. There probably was a way to discuss MS-13 without angering the Latino community in Virginia and causing them to fight back with their own stereotypical "typecast" of a rural Virginia GOP voter.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:02 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,878,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Must be why Richmond was a capital of the CSA.
Virginia outside of NOVA (northern VA) is still very much southern. Even NOVA still has confederate school names, streets, etc. Virginia, Maryland, and DC have always officially been categorized as Southern by the Census. Outside of the urban areas, you can still find plenty of southern culture in the region, especially in Virginia.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:08 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
All of this hand wringing about things people did as college students or when younger, in a TIME when kids did this type of stuff is ridiculous. I don't care if he's Democrat, or Republican this is a political lynching (pun intended). He should not step own over this issue. This crap needs to stop.
I might, just might, give him a pass on the blackface costume. I was in college during the 80's and it was not uncommon to see comedians and actors "try" and be funny with this.

The hood is the real problem. There is NO reason, funny or not, to dress that way. NONE.

And to not only wear it, but to put it in the yearbook is beyond the pale.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:28 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I might, just might, give him a pass on the blackface costume. I was in college during the 80's and it was not uncommon to see comedians and actors "try" and be funny with this.

The hood is the real problem. There is NO reason, funny or not, to dress that way. NONE.

And to not only wear it, but to put it in the yearbook is beyond the pale.
And that's why I think he's the one wearing the hood. The blackface is less offensive, and he would cop to that one if it were true.

I've been to plenty of Halloween parties, from elementary through grad school. Never once did I see someone wearing a hood. Indefensible.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:32 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,783,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Well what if it was a high school picture? The Democrat left in the last six months has clearly established that high school antics are activities for which a person's life should be ruined in their view, on several occasions.

First they attacked Judge Brett Kavanaugh for uncorroborated allegations against him in high school, the story for which was refuted by ALL of the people the accuser identified to corroborate it. She could not and did not ever even identify where or when this supposedly happened. Then the FBI was called in to conduct a 7TH investigation of Kavanaugh, which also determined that these allegations were unsubstantiated.

And STILL the hateful and completely unprincipled Democrat left, including their political leaders at the highest level and the mass media went ALL-IN to DESTROY this man. For unsubstantiated allegations made against him supposedly from his time in HIGH SCHOOL.

But wait, there is more.

This last week, we watched a 15 year old child - in HIGH SCHOOL - become the target of the nationwide Democrat left social media lynch mob and smear machine, which the leftist mass media was only too pleased to take the lead on, yet again. For standing and smiling - while being harassed, verbally assaulted and insulted by a group of especially despicable leftist racist bigots and a pathologically lying native American man who apparently enjoys claiming military honors that are not his to claim.

This HIGH SCHOOL kid was waiting for his bus after attending a protest march in Washington DC, and when he was confronted by these people, he stood there and smiled (Smirked the racist bigot leftists and the media called it, because these media people take pride in behaving like relentless thundering a__holes).

Current day and former HIGH SCHOOL kids are targets for Democrat leftists these days.

But will they hold their own people to the same standards that they attack others with?

Post of the Year and it's only February.

Well done Liberals. A lot of us warned that your antics and smears would come back to haunt you.

You have changed the game and now its going to devour you.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
And that's why I think he's the one wearing the hood. The blackface is less offensive, and he would cop to that one if it were true.

I've been to plenty of Halloween parties, from elementary through grad school. Never once did I see someone wearing a hood. Indefensible.
It’s quite ridiculous that he claims to not know which one is him...yet, he knows he is in the picture.

Come on! That lie just makes the entire thing more insulting.

It’s beyond time for him to step down.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:34 AM

956 posts, read 745,415 times
Dems eat their own. Has nothing to do with racism, just the Dems stance on abortion was outed too soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies