Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 05:45 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,181,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
There's a leftwing war on football. It's part of the Marxist effort to tear down all uniquely American cultural icons. The entire goal of Charlottesville was to tear down Civil War statues, and it succeeded.

The ;eft feels if it can eliminate our American cultural icons, we will be more ripe for takeover, which is their ultimate goal. In addition, they hate football because it represents everything they hate; discipline, selflessness, competition, and above all, 'toxic masculinity'. That's why all the concussion and brain damage new stories and Congressional investigations, back when Democrats held both houses of Congress. But notice it's only about football. Never mind that soccer has ten times the number of concussions and injuries. Soccer is the worldwide global less manly sport. It's also why the big campaign about domestic violence---but again, only in the NFL. You aren't seeing domestic violence stories from the NBA or MLB pushed by the media. It also really IRKS the left they control every aspect of college campuses not EXCEPT football. It's a huge pile of money they can't control.

So here's the Marxist plan to eliminate football within 20 years: Plant stories in their paid media attacking football from every angle. And you can see from reading in this thread, it's already working. Hold Congressional hearings. Promote CTE to the hilt. (I always find it interesting when pro-football players like Junior Seau die in their 40s, the reason is always CTE. Never mind these guys were steroid abusers.) Soften up public opinion. Then pass some laws. Then use their courts. Scour the news for a high-profile story of a high school kid getting a concussion in a football game, then recruit and pay the parents to sue the school district. The goal will be to get school divisions to simply cancel football, citing risk of lawsuit. Get enough schools to cancel football, then you undercut the college game. Then you undercut the NFL. Keep your media pounding the offensiveness of football. Make it very un-PC. Make the mention of football even offensive like you do every comment about women and race. Organize paid boycotts of football sponsors. Then you've done it.

Another great benefical enjoyable piece of Americana down the drain. Just like the confederate statues, just like the Boy Scouts, and just like, eventually, every masculine cultural icon. Then the country is powerless to resist Marxist takeover. These people are very patient.
So just another opportunity to ignore science?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 05:50 AM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Would you let your child play football. Personally I think Lacrosse is much more violent than football.
And yet I hear no complaints about lacrosse. Why is that?

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-play-football
More kids play football than lacrosse, that's why. I can't argue with he said. I know more people messed up by old football injuries.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:58 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Would you let your child play football. Personally I think Lacrosse is much more violent than football.

Probably because lacrosse is not as common in the US, in schools especially.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:12 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
my kids played football from pee-wee league through high school. with what I know now about brain injury due to youth football, I would now dissuade them from participating in the sport entirely. full contact football is brutal on young brains, but who knew that decades ago?

Old 02-06-2019, 07:15 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:

My son was a HS corner and safety. He was named all conference and academic all state. He went on to a major Power 5 university and considered walking on, but his studies (engineering) were demanding and a much higher priority. Besides, his playing time would have been nonexistent, as their team in those days was top caliber and attracted top recruits.

But I'll admit that I had concerns over the possibility of serious injuries. Fortunately, he had none.

It's a decision that parents have to deal with and come to their own conclusions.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
It’s his son, so there’s no use in saying that he’s wrong.

That said, he’s the guy that complained about football becoming too wimpy in the first place. He should’ve been more careful about that bit of criticism. Especially because he doesn’t have an athletic bone in his body despite being of fairly large stature.

My son, despite being of fairly small stature, wanted to play in high school. What the hell was I gonna say? No? I mean, that didn’t even seem optional. My wife was less than thrilled, but considering all of the other calculated risks of being a teen, like driving his car, riding his skateboard, or even going to parties, we didn’t see football as anymore of an enhanced risk than what he was already doing. Just letting him walk out the door everyday is risky.

He played cornerback for 3 years and was actually not too bad. Strangely enough, his worse sports injuries were in track and soccer. About the worst thing he ever encountered in football was a badly sprained thumb. His hand blew up like he had on winter gloves.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:55 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Except he is doing his best to end the wars of the past really. Pulling out of Syria and negotiating with Iraq and Afghanistan, two wars that he never supported. Nice try attempting to make this political. Go back to reading your Nancy Pelosi book.

The 'best' would have been doing it two years ago.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:58 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,694,212 times
I don't think I would unless they wanted to be a kicker. The stuff that happened to Mike Webster, Jim McMahon etc. are very sad.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:59 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
My mom would not let me play. I turned to drugs and alcohol to be popular.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:05 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Hockey is far more dangerous than any of the other sports and you don't hear much about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies