Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should any exemptions for vaccinations be allowed?
Yes - only religious and medical 5 2.94%
Yes - only medical 62 36.47%
Yes - medical, religious and philosophical 26 15.29%
Yes - only religious 1 0.59%
No exemptions at all. 76 44.71%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 10:40 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
No.

I pay taxes so the State can force the pricking of children with needles.
So you pay taxes to increase the power of Big Government?

Old 02-05-2019, 10:57 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
I think people who choose not to vaccinate their children for anything other than medical reasons are putting vulnerable people and society in general at risk. These children should not be allowed in public schools. I would like to keep them away from others in general, but I'm not sure how that would work. If I were a young mother now, I would be asking the parents of prospective playmates whether their children are vaccinated.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:28 AM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
AGAIN, and last time if they work SO well then don’t worry about getting sick if others choose not too, you and the others have pointed out how they work so well. That i don’t see the problem.

Unless of course you don’t believe it yourself.
They work best when everyone gets them. Measles vaccine is 93% effective in an individual. If everyone gets that vaccine it's 100% effective and would totally wipe out the disease. We would still have polio if we allowed so many exemptions.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:36 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Or how about mind your own business?

Old 02-06-2019, 07:42 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I think people who choose not to vaccinate their children for anything other than medical reasons are putting vulnerable people and society in general at risk. These children should not be allowed in public schools. I would like to keep them away from others in general, but I'm not sure how that would work. If I were a young mother now, I would be asking the parents of prospective playmates whether their children are vaccinated.
Well Stated!

Old 02-06-2019, 07:46 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Your unvaccinated child is case zero for an out break that leads to the death or severe reaction in someone else. Thats not like the damage to ones self caused by drugs or drinking.
How many people are killed every year because of drugs (vehicle accidents, violence, child abuse, etc).

Those who are vaccinated are not really much at risk.

Just for clarification I am in favor of most vaccinations and am not in favor of alcohol and pot being illegal.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
As someone who was vaccine injured and now may never be able to get a long-term full time job (I had a temp full-time job for two months but am not sure if I could last in a long-term one for over six months.), I'm very willing to push for a lot of exemptions.

I heard that the measles vaccine actually kills more people than the disease itself did back when the disease actually was more epidemic.

Now if the disease was fatal, I'd be more inclined to want to require vaccination.

If, however, the disease might cause six months of illness but carried a possible side-effect of being stuck with autism, epilepsy, etc for life, I'd be more for allowing exemptions.

Seriously, these forced vaccinations allow for Big Government to strip away yet MORE parental rights and they also allow Big Pharma to be forced us on to buy their possibly-flawed products and have to fight like hell to get compensation if it goes wrong. (Oh, and if it does and you do win, the money comes from the federal government (AKA taxpayers) instead of from the pharmacies pushing them, thus it becomes a special shield from liability for Big Pharma.)
What people don't realize is that religious is sometimes the only exemption available.

Which means 'gee those stoopit religious people' when in actuality not everyone who chooses religious exemption even belongs to a church.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:29 AM

I know someone who almost died from a childhood vaccine (not calling out which one).

When she had her kids, she fought and fought and fought NOT to give them that vaccine as she was afraid the same thing would happen to her own kids.

The doctors were relentless in pushing the vaccine despite the fact that it almost KILLED HER.

People should be free to make their own choices. Period. No exemptions needed and no mandatory status.

Free Choice. Freedom.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:32 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
As someone who was vaccine injured and now may never be able to get a long-term full time job (I had a temp full-time job for two months but am not sure if I could last in a long-term one for over six months.), I'm very willing to push for a lot of exemptions.

I heard that the measles vaccine actually kills more people than the disease itself did back when the disease actually was more epidemic.

Now if the disease was fatal, I'd be more inclined to want to require vaccination.

If, however, the disease might cause six months of illness but carried a possible side-effect of being stuck with autism, epilepsy, etc for life, I'd be more for allowing exemptions.

Seriously, these forced vaccinations allow for Big Government to strip away yet MORE parental rights and they also allow Big Pharma to be forced us on to buy their possibly-flawed products and have to fight like hell to get compensation if it goes wrong. (Oh, and if it does and you do win, the money comes from the federal government (AKA taxpayers) instead of from the pharmacies pushing them, thus it becomes a special shield from liability for Big Pharma.)
You heard incorrectly. When measles was endemic in the US, about 500 reported deaths occurred every year, and probably many more not reported as measles deaths. You would be hard put to find even ONE medically verified death due to measles vaccine. If you are tempted to post statistics from the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS), keep in mind that VAERS itself says "An “adverse event” is any health problem or “side effect” that happens after a vaccination. VAERS cannot determine if a vaccine caused an adverse event, but can determine if further investigation is needed."

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/pd...factsheet1.pdf

How many fatalities have to occur before you think a disease is fatal? Currently, the rate is about 1 in 1000 cases.

Vaccines are not "forced". There are no vaccines required to exist here in the US. There are no fines or jail sentences for not getting vaccinated. The courts have upheld school/job vaccine mandates. The money from the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (NVICP) comes from a tax paid by the vaccine manufacturers, not from general taxes. It is easier to get an award from NVICP than through the courts. 80% of NVICP awards are "no fault" and for the others, less evidence is needed than in the court system.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:37 AM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Free Choice. Freedom.
People are not free to put others lives in danger though. You can't drive 100 mph and claim 'it's my free choice!'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies