Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2019, 10:05 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,256,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
I think Catholicism would be the best one. In fact the perfect one.
Did you read about the nuns being raped and being used as sex slaves?

Yeah perfect.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:05 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,951,818 times
Quote:
This is absolutely permitted under NY law.

This is a really dense take on the law and you know it...but Pubs are all about misrepresentations. Abortion post 24 weeks is only allowed if:

"After 24 weeks, such decisions must be made with a determination that there is an “absence of fetal viability” or that the procedure is “necessary to protect the patient’s life or health.” That determination must be made by a “health care practitioner licensed, certified, or authorized” under state law, “acting within his or her lawful scope of practice.”

So either a dead or will die baby or a pregnancy that will kill the mother. Tell me exactly what mother will hold on to a pregnancy she will die from, only to abort the baby immediately prior to its birth?

You are all insane. Lie lie lie lie lie lie lie. Its all you do.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:06 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,057,070 times
Quote:
I think Catholicism would be the best one. In fact the perfect one.
This is the belief system that condemns masturbation, correct?

Old 02-06-2019, 10:08 AM

19,312 posts, read 17,197,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Events in classrooms are always accommodating to Jehovah's Witnesses.

No bday or holiday parties allowed if there is a JH in the class.

Why is that allowed?
Years ago those children not allowed to participate due to their parents faith would leave the room/go home early when a party was planned. As my wife told me the hurt in those kindergarteners eyes made you want to cry, tey are just too young to understand eternal damnation in hell for eating a cup cake with candy corn on it.

Today most class parties are banned due to family faith, allergies, healthy nutrition guidelines, lack of parent involvement the list goes on and on. When only 2 people us and the class mom provided for a 4th grade party we told her never again, let every kid go home and tell their parents that its their fault they can't have parties....

24,260 posts, read 14,256,515 times
Quote:

Why is that allowed?
My sons school doesn't do this. He has had many JW in his classes and they still have holiday and BD parties.

42,732 posts, read 29,958,708 times
Quote:
Oh, believe me. I don't think it can happen. Not into today's godless climate. America will have to endure a cataclysm in order to come around to where such an amendment is even possible. Think, WW3, a Depression, famine, and a hurricane all rolled up into one.
Nothing would make such an amendment happen.

The protection that the First Amendment gives us is too valuable. Only a few control-freaks want something like this, and they will NEVER succeed.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:

Why is that allowed?
That's not true. Different districts have different rules.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:13 AM

68,360 posts, read 54,571,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Do me a favor Burdell, google "secular definition", and read the definition to me.

Secular simply means "not religious in nature". Secular does not imply either the existence or absence of values, beliefs, identity, ideology, doctrine, morals, or anything else.

A secular-government has whatever values it claims to have for the moment, and it can completely change those values the following day. Because its values aren't based in anything.

Whatever is considered "good" under a secular government, is merely what the government proclaims to be good. And the values in one secular government could be opposite those of another.

The only value in a secular-government is power. And that is the only reason they exist.

Your statement was not about a secular government, it was "Secularism has no values, no beliefs, no identity, no ideology, no doctrine, no morals." Implying only those religious in nature have "values, beliefs, identity, ideology, doctrine, morals , or anything else" which is nonsense! There's NO reason to belief those who don't practice a religion have no values, beliefs, morals, et al.

Do me a favor and don't change your statements midstream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Do me a favor Burdell, google "secular definition", and read the definition to me.

Secular simply means "not religious in nature". Secular does not imply either the existence or absence of values, beliefs, identity, ideology, doctrine, morals, or anything else.

A secular-government has whatever values it claims to have for the moment, and it can completely change those values the following day. Because its values aren't based in anything.

Whatever is considered "good" under a secular government, is merely what the government proclaims to be good. And the values in one secular government could be opposite those of another.

The only value in a secular-government is power. And that is the only reason they exist.
The values in a secular government are what the people who make up that society value. To say that a secular government has no values is a semantics game. Governments are made up of people. And people have values, and the governments run by people make laws that reflect the values of those people.

The separation between state and church does not mean that the state is separated from the people. And often, a secular government is more reflective of the society as a whole. A theocratic society is often more reflective of the values of its theocratic leaders. I think we see that kind of division in Iran. Where the people are much more liberal than Iran's theocratic leaders.

12,716 posts, read 7,847,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Its just so crazy that an entire voting base will post crap like this using blatant lies as the foundation for their posts. No the official religion of the US is not atheism...no abortions are not supported up until birth regardless of the health of the baby. Where the hell do you get this stuff? More importantly WHY do you do it? Is it mental illness?
Years and years of listening to Rush Limbaugh and watching Fox News takes a catastrophic toll on the brain and a person's ability to think critically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies