Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 12:18 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,805,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
And yet the buffoon is still in office.

I guess it goes to show just how much inherent power the President actually has.

Just think what could happen if a truly brilliant but evil person became President. Some one that actually used the intelligence resources at their disposal rather than belittle them. Some one that actually knows how government works.

We should be thankful that Trump is more of an idiot than the people that elected him.
I've had that terrifying thought myself.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:22 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,102,718 times
I've said this before and I'll say it again: trying to find a positive in the nightmare that is the Trump presidency, moving forward, I think having Donald as president will end up being a good thing for our country. It will unite us, at least somewhat.

And because of Trump being so unbelievably unqualified for the presidency, I can see BIPARTISAN legislation moving forward in the future that would require certain qualifications to hold office, to include having served either in the military or to have worked for government as some level before (municipal, state, federal, etc).

Old 02-10-2019, 12:26 PM

9,329 posts, read 16,697,070 times
Default Another unnamed source

I really believe it when no one has the courage to state their name when making accusations.

Old 02-10-2019, 02:29 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,157,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
So what is sourpuss Pill-assy's and Hellary's problem? They are 2 of the most unhappy, grumpy, ill willed, vindictive people in politics. Well, then there's Chuckles too.

Actually, those meeting Trump come out saying how likable he is. Sorry to disappoint your faith in your rag mag.
As I've said elsewhere, posters wallowing in insulting slurs don't deserve a serious response. But if you're speaking of vindictiveness, think about all the times Trump has sued, or threatened to sue. Perhaps if you read more, you would have a better sense of the vindictive way he's threatened people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Trump has given us a wake-up call, about how many in our population have mental disorders. I can just imagine him about four years ago, being told by an adviser that they're out there, just feed them the right bunch of malarkey and they will be yours to exploit.

Yes, I suppose you could say that Trump is the poster child for mental disorders since, like many prominent business figures, he appears to have sociopathic tendencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
*yawn* The source is from Vanity Fair. Do we really expect a glowing, wonderful review of the President from this fashion rag? They should resume writing lipstick and suit reviews.
LMAO
You seem to be insulting the source while knowing nothing about it. Which is typical of Trump supporters. It's not a fashion magazine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I've said this before and I'll say it again: trying to find a positive in the nightmare that is the Trump presidency, moving forward, I think having Donald as president will end up being a good thing for our country. It will unite us, at least somewhat.

And because of Trump being so unbelievably unqualified for the presidency, I can see BIPARTISAN legislation moving forward in the future that would require certain qualifications to hold office, to include having served either in the military or to have worked for government as some level before (municipal, state, federal, etc).

I think you may be right in the long term - by which I mean 20, 30, 40, 50 years. However, in the short term, it's hard to see anything positive, except perhaps the flood of women into the House.

Old 02-10-2019, 02:52 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,947,354 times
No sources named. Fake news. They lie so much it impossible to tell truth from error.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:00 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,569,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
No sources named. Fake news. They lie so much it impossible to tell truth from error.
No, actually, we have evidence that this is the general consensus from numerous publications, chief amongst them the book by Bob Woodward entitled Fear. Woodward used numerous unnamed sources to protect their careers in Washington, D.C.., and surely has also protected himself by recording many of their confessions.

The evidence of dissatisfaction is voluminous.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:52 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,180,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donna-501 View Post
exactly!
fake news

Old 02-10-2019, 04:19 PM

182 posts, read 198,271 times
Yet he wants to serve a second term of office. How can he continue to find people willing to work for him when he's alienated so many? It seems that it's already a struggle and will only get worse.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:35 PM

17,666 posts, read 13,456,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Well, this should be a surprise to no one. Kudlow and Mulvaney are rumored to be the next to bail out. Has anyone ever seen a more dysfunctional White House in their lifetime? Has there ever been one?

Vanity Fair
Does anyone in their right mind believe Vanity Fair, that highly credible political and historical rag?

Old 02-10-2019, 05:17 PM

11,126 posts, read 5,615,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathedralhill1 View Post
Yet he wants to serve a second term of office. How can he continue to find people willing to work for him when he's alienated so many? It seems that it's already a struggle and will only get worse.

He's alienated so many of his staff and cabinet members, maybe he'll have to hire undocumented immigrants to fill the positions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies