Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2019, 12:29 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Emily, I used to enjoy reading your posts.

He never claimed to be a great creature....nor did any of us who support him ever think of him as such. But he has shown the world that he is the best President we have seen in well over 50 years - maybe longer.

Oh my goodness please stop changing the disinformation. You sound silly.

Your current outrageous statements are going to be found not credible by those you once wanted to convince and thought were on your side of the lies.

Actually, CrownVic95, Candidate Trump and President Trump has a well documented history of self aggrandizement, bragging and claims of greatness. Just look at his Twitter accounts for the past several years or google my above words and you will be able to access videos and transcripts of most of his embarrassing, self congratulatory audacious bragging.

Yes, he did and does claim to be a great creature! Despite the sane folks of the world knowing his true measure, he continues to be a disaster of a human being while touting his faux brilliance.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 02-16-2019 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 12:31 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,103,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
THIS!
They programmed their base to hate Coulter and the minute she says something they like - BOOM! The new liberal hero who is telling the truth.

Coulter is no better than any other political hack on either side.

It's sad how many lemmings there are in this country.

THAT is so disingenuous and you actually believe it doesn't show.

Explain how he was supposed to unite with people that hate him for every little reason, his desert, her shoes, petty little people? The millions of people who hate him more than they love this country are united, so he actually did unite the dolts.

You blurt something out and then blame him for not doing the impossible.
Why do so many people despise Trump? If I have to explain it to you you'll never know.

Old 02-16-2019, 01:30 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,556,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Emily, I used to enjoy reading your posts.
He never claimed to be a great creature....nor did any of us who support him ever think of him as such. But he has shown the world that he is the best President we have seen in well over 50 years - maybe longer.
I urge you to really think about that. I know there will be no changing your mind but, I am done.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:04 PM

57,318 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
Liberals like to say constantly that Trump "lies". I think that is debatable.

The better argument I think is that Trump has long been a privileged person. Protected and promoted by his father and family and likely surrounded by yes men. Mistakes are never his doing in his Trump Industries world but I am sure various and sundry real people were fired as scapegoats for him.

So he believes he is this great creature.

But this presidency has shown the world that he isn't. He is just a delusional fool who doesn't know how bad he is.

That is the better argument to make.

Over the few months I have heard various and sundry good ideas how to get this wall in better ways, such as Bonds being sold to fund it and or using drug runners money. But he doesn't seem to have any other options. That is either pure laziness or stupidity.
Many presidents have hired staff with opposing points of view, Trump doesn't seem to like disagreement or conflict and that is one of the reasons for the high turnover. That and he seems to be a reflection of the last person that spoke to him and he certainly doesn't take criticism well.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:21 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
It was quite impressive to see him turn down deal after deal, to finally settle for the one the furthest from what he said he wanted.
The Art of the Deal, indeed. SMH

Old 02-16-2019, 02:37 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,900,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
January 2017 - GOP Majority
January 2017 - Wall not an emergency
February 2017 - Wall not an emergency
March 2017 - Wall not an emergency
April 2017 - Wall not an emergency
May 2017 - Wall not an emergency
June 2017 - Wall not an emergency
July 2017 - Wall not an emergency
August 2017 - Wall not an emergency
September 2017 - Wall not an emergency
October 2017 - Wall not an emergency
November 2017 - Wall not an emergency
December 2017 - Wall not an emergency
January 2018 - Wall not an emergency
February 2018 - Wall not an emergency
March 2018 - Wall not an emergency
April 2018 - Wall not an emergency
May 2018 - Wall not an emergency
June 2018 - Wall not an emergency
July 2018 - Wall not an emergency
August 2018 - Wall not an emergency
September 2018 - Wall not an emergency
October 2018 - Wall not an emergency
November 2018 - Wall not an emergency
November 2018 - Democratic majority elected in House
February 2019 - EMERGENCY!!!1!!1!
Exactly. They aren't fooling anyone!

Old 02-16-2019, 03:35 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The only people who took Trump literally about Mexico paying for the wall were those who were dead set against it from the beginning.

Now, the whole "Mexico paying for the wall" has become little more than a sour grape talking point for those same people.

Did you really think that Trump literally meant that Mexico would cut us a check?

But you are right about one thing.....

For those who place a high importance on border security, the end goal is more important than who pays for it.

Kind of like the Left was with Obamacare.....

Only you all actually believed his BS about every family saving thousands per year ....

No truer words were spoken.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:25 PM

57,318 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No truer words were spoken.
We shouldn’t need a translator for a statement that was made thousands of times, his hard core supporters still believe him and are reduced to claiming that El Chapos seizures will pay for the wall.

Old 02-16-2019, 06:04 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,999 times
Stay alert.

Trump: WHO'S PAYING FOR THE WALL?

Trump Fans: Mexico!

Mexic

Mexi

Mex

Me?

Last edited by corpgypsy; 02-16-2019 at 06:55 PM..

Old 02-16-2019, 08:42 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

I never took Trump literally about Mexico, and neither did many others. Getting serious about immigration enforcement was good enough for me.
Even if you didn’t many of his voters did, once Mexico told Trump to go F himself he found himself in a corner, then he backpedaled fast. And yes base bought in both of his lies. Yes there needs to be better immigration but not a silly wall where they are digging UNDER. It.

Hire and train border agents and by doing that you create Jobs!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies