Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you voted for Trump, which best describes your current opinion?
I love Trump even more now than I did originally. 53 43.80%
I feel pretty much the same, overall, still liking him a lot. 36 29.75%
I mostly like him, but I'm discouraged that he's not at all "presidential," with the dignity I'd hoped for. 10 8.26%
I'm frustrated, because he turned out to be not conservative enough and/or blocked by others. 2 1.65%
I'm deeply disappointed by his ongoing hostility and ineptness, and feel let down and conned, sorry I voted for him. 20 16.53%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 05:47 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Take the reactions (or lack of reaction) that occured after Pence told our allies at a meeting that the President sent his good wishes.

No sound. Nothing.

Usually that's a cue for clapping...

People wake up! The WORLD recognizes him for what he is...when will you?

Trump has demanded other countries pay their share for U.S. military support, and they hate him for it.

Good.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:02 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,176 times
I wish he wold tone down the twitter. Other then that I love him more now than ever

Old 02-18-2019, 06:06 PM

29,824 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Seems a lot of Americans really like DJT as president. The question is, can the OP ever love America now that they know this?

Old 02-18-2019, 06:06 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,901,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Take the reactions (or lack of reaction) that occured after Pence told our allies at a meeting that the President sent his good wishes.

No sound. Nothing.

Usually that's a cue for clapping...

People wake up! The WORLD recognizes him for what he is...when will you?

In all fairness I wouldn't clap either if I had my allowance taken away...

Old 02-18-2019, 06:13 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
In all fairness I wouldn't clap either if I had my allowance taken away...
I believe they clapped for obuma because he was presidential. I mean he got a Nobel prize for just appearing.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:14 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,279,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Should have made it public. Surely lefties are gonna vote in your little poll. Live and learn.. well some of us anyway.
Ha. I thought exactly the same thing... I see four (so far) lefties have voted in the poll. LOL.

I didn't vote for him, but will next time.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:16 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Trump has demanded other countries pay their share for U.S. military support, and they hate him for it.

Good.
Ahh, yes indeed. In Trumpworld - nothing is real but him. EVERYONE is out to get him! All the other countries (except Russia and NK of course); the FBI is lying to him; the DOJ is lying to him; the courts are against him; the media is lying; the scientists are lying; his cabinet is "naïve and needs to 'go back to school"

It's Trump against the world. Everything and everyone else is just conspiring against him.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:28 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's like fantasy land in here.

While I can somewhat understand (just barely) someone voting him for the first go-round ~ anyone that can watch this imbecile stumble across the world stage and vote for him a second time - is just plain stupid. There's just no other way to put it.
your TDS is showing. Or your own "plain stupid" behavior.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:37 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's like fantasy land in here.
While I can somewhat understand (just barely) someone voting him for the first go-round ~ anyone that can watch this imbecile stumble across the world stage and vote for him a second time - is just plain stupid. There's just no other way to put it.
I expect most Trumpers here to fall into the first two categories. But I think you have to take into account two things.

1. It's very difficult for someone to stand up and say, after throwing in his lot with one candidate, that he was wrong or deluded. That takes real self-analysis and some courage.

2. Most of the people who voted for Trump seem to be low-information people, and Trump has trained them to disdain all traditional reputable news sources. So they will remain low-information and may likely be persuaded to vote for him a second time. Only a real shock to each individual - like a major economic loss - might make them reconsider. Like when people are pro-war until their own children are killed in combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Should have made it public. Surely lefties are gonna vote in your little poll. Live and learn.. well some of us anyway.
Hm. Sounds like typical Trumpy paranoia.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:39 PM

7,934 posts, read 9,156,295 times
As of today, I don't see any opponent who for me is a better candidate. Harris put her foot in her mouth with her lynching comment on the Jussie hoax fiasco, Warren flat out lied about her heritage for the Texas bar, didn't Booker admit he sexually assaulted a friend (how will that work in the me too era), and Bernie had his chance and blew it.

I wish Trump would lose his phone and be less childish, but my IRA is up nicely, job market is good, and I like that sole proprietors are finally being treated like real businesses in his tax cut. So far, I am pretty satisfied with what he has accomplished that had meaning in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies