Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you voted for Trump, which best describes your current opinion?
I love Trump even more now than I did originally. 53 43.80%
I feel pretty much the same, overall, still liking him a lot. 36 29.75%
I mostly like him, but I'm discouraged that he's not at all "presidential," with the dignity I'd hoped for. 10 8.26%
I'm frustrated, because he turned out to be not conservative enough and/or blocked by others. 2 1.65%
I'm deeply disappointed by his ongoing hostility and ineptness, and feel let down and conned, sorry I voted for him. 20 16.53%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 07:56 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Trump supporters fly under the radar.

The silent majority will come back to haunt you.

Tends to safer that way for most. Normal People will go to vote, just as we did in 2016.
Kids getting attacked for wearing red hat. Gun pulled on a man in a Sams Club.
Media constantly calling Trump supporters Hitler and KKK.

Leftists are out of control and their leadership and Media tell them to search out MAGA & go after them.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:08 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Well, very refreshing to see that we have 8 honest people on this forum so far ! Most Trumpees will go the grave, afraid to admit the truth. To see 8 of you with the courage to be frank is really refreshing.

There is reason this is not a public poll.
Any chance those “8 honest” people didn’t ever support Trump?

Old 02-19-2019, 08:17 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Have zero problems with him, and had i known then what i know now, i'd still vote for him.
Ahhhh the pride of the deplorable s!

Old 02-19-2019, 08:19 AM

6,346 posts, read 2,900,201 times
I was skeptical of Trump at first, but it was a no-brainer to elect him since the alternative was Horrid Hillary. In spite of mistakes due to his inexperience he has done a great job. He his making our selfish allies pay their fair share, fighting for American jobs, men's rights, taking on China, and is giving the green light to school choice programs across the country.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:50 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Trump supporters fly under the radar.

The silent majority will come back to haunt you.

Agreed! I have a very large circle of non liberal friends and I'd say most are happy with Trump. I know this is very difficult for the liberals to grasp, but it's true.

Conservatives are the quiet ones. We sat thru 8 years of Obama with hardly a whimper and now we silently support Trump.

The main reason why I like him is he is attempting to get rid of the Deep State. They have had parasitic control of this government for far too long. Time to bring rule back to Americans. Also while we are at it, let's end the Fed.

I'm actually Libertarian so don't get me wrong. Democratic platforms are important but right now, they'll take a back seat until Trump is gone. But lastly, Dems tend to have a very bad blind spot when it comes to understanding how politics really work. Causes and issues are cyclical. Just so happens when a non liberal POTUS is in office, the humanitarian issues are put on the back burner. But don't worry, they'll trend back at some point in time. Dems just need to be patient. This is all by design. It's like the old garden gate which swings back and forth, back and forth. No POTUS will be everything to everybody.

Old 02-19-2019, 05:56 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Seems a lot of Americans really like DJT as president. The question is, can the OP ever love America now that they know this?
I'm sorry, but I don't understand your post at all.

It's very clear that millions of people - who, based on what I read/hear, are mostly greedy, bigoted, and/or uninformed - do love Trump, most of them apparently unreservedly. It horrified me to find that so many people fell into that deplorable category, but that has nothing to do with my loving America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Your hatred knows no bounds!
You set up a poll, ask Trump supporters to participate and then proceed to insult their answers. Speaks volumes about your character.
You know, Sandra, that's a valid point (except that it was only one person, not "their"). Since it's my own poll, I probably should be more restrained. I'm sorry but it's an automatic reaction of irritation with people whose narrowness and greed trumps everything else. On the other hand, I just opined that he was "smugly self-centered," and didn't call him names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Ahh, yes indeed. In Trumpworld - nothing is real but him. EVERYONE is out to get him! All the other countries (except Russia and NK of course); the FBI is lying to him; the DOJ is lying to him; the courts are against him; the media is lying; the scientists are lying; his cabinet is "naïve and needs to 'go back to school"

It's Trump against the world. Everything and everyone else is just conspiring against him.
Yes, apart from all his other bad qualities, he's surely the most aggrieved, whiny, and paranoid president we've ever had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
As of today, I don't see any opponent who for me is a better candidate. Harris put her foot in her mouth with her lynching comment on the Jussie hoax fiasco, Warren flat out lied about her heritage for the Texas bar, didn't Booker admit he sexually assaulted a friend (how will that work in the me too era), and Bernie had his chance and blew it.

I wish Trump would lose his phone and be less childish, but my IRA is up nicely, job market is good, and I like that sole proprietors are finally being treated like real businesses in his tax cut. So far, I am pretty satisfied with what he has accomplished that had meaning in my life.
Thank you. I may not agree, especially about everyone's obsession with Warren's ethnicity, but I wish all Trump voters would post as coherently and on-point as you.

Last edited by Clarallel; 02-19-2019 at 07:05 PM..

Old 02-19-2019, 06:04 PM

956 posts, read 1,207,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I expect most Trumpers here to fall into the first two categories. But I think you have to take into account two things.

1. It's very difficult for someone to stand up and say, after throwing in his lot with one candidate, that he was wrong or deluded. That takes real self-analysis and some courage.

2. Most of the people who voted for Trump seem to be low-information people, and Trump has trained them to disdain all traditional reputable news sources. So they will remain low-information and may likely be persuaded to vote for him a second time. Only a real shock to each individual - like a major economic loss - might make them reconsider. Like when people are pro-war until their own children are killed in combat.

Hm. Sounds like typical Trumpy paranoia.

Actually it goes way back to after Nixon when conservatives started to say there is a "liberal" media against them and then here comes AM hate radio and then Fox News telling their audience cannot trust nobody else but us.

The Trump base will sink right with him. A decent chuck believe he really was chosen by "God"

Old 02-19-2019, 06:06 PM

956 posts, read 1,207,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Agreed! I have a very large circle of non liberal friends and I'd say most are happy with Trump. I know this is very difficult for the liberals to grasp, but it's true.

Conservatives are the quiet ones. We sat thru 8 years of Obama with hardly a whimper and now we silently support Trump.

The main reason why I like him is he is attempting to get rid of the Deep State. They have had parasitic control of this government for far too long. Time to bring rule back to Americans. Also while we are at it, let's end the Fed.

I'm actually Libertarian so don't get me wrong. Democratic platforms are important but right now, they'll take a back seat until Trump is gone. But lastly, Dems tend to have a very bad blind spot when it comes to understanding how politics really work. Causes and issues are cyclical. Just so happens when a non liberal POTUS is in office, the humanitarian issues are put on the back burner. But don't worry, they'll trend back at some point in time. Dems just need to be patient. This is all by design. It's like the old garden gate which swings back and forth, back and forth. No POTUS will be everything to everybody.

You actually said that? Absolutely no self-awareness at all.

The bogyman "Deep state". No such thing.

Old 02-19-2019, 06:12 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Hahahaha

Looks as if the topic has backfired on the OP. Too much NYT.

Old 02-20-2019, 12:47 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hahahaha

Looks as if the topic has backfired on the OP. Too much NYT.
Lol...i was thinking the same. He is mad that the thread turned on him...that he didn't get the feedback he wanted.
Makes me think about a very recent insident, different but yet similar...lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies