Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 09:15 PM

17,673 posts, read 6,934,986 times

Advertisements

Nope. It's not my job to pay for your kid's day care. If you can't afford a child, don't have one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 09:21 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,421,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Then you should decline social security and medicare when you get old because everyone else’s kids will be paying for yours.
I don’t plan on needing either. But your post is wrong, if I do collect those I will have paid for them through my payroll taxes my whole life.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:24 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,404,826 times
Do any White Cherokees endorse her?

Old 02-19-2019, 09:30 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,151,358 times
First of all, people with children get a tax credit, which amounts to nearly $5,000 per child. They also can take childcare expenses of their income. Free daycare would amount to a significant amount of money that a person without a child would not be "entitled" to. Kind of smacks of discrimination, if you ask me. Having a child is a 100% voluntary event. No one is FORCED to have a child, so since it is optional, I think the parents should accept the consequences of their actions.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:40 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,627,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
If they are making $50,000 or less, they shouldn't be having children.
If people waited until they hit some arbitrary limit, no one would have children, and within 100 years, no more human race

Old 02-19-2019, 09:43 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,260,322 times
Don't have kids until you can afford to pay their way, as well as your own. Problem solved.

I don't want to pay for your child care.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:46 PM

With birthrates continuing to fall, there should be some incentives offered to at least get to replacement level birthrates again. To the "if you can't afford them, don't have them" crowd, if everyone followed your advice, no one would have children, because by the time the majority would be "ready", they'd be too old to concieve. Then in about 100 years, USA population 0. Is that what you guys want?

Old 02-19-2019, 09:57 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,260,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
With birthrates continuing to fall, there should be some incentives offered to at least get to replacement level birthrates again. To the "if you can't afford them, don't have them" crowd, if everyone followed your advice, no one would have children, because by the time the majority would be "ready", they'd be too old to concieve. Then in about 100 years, USA population 0. Is that what you guys want?
Absolutely. It won't affect my corpse (or my wallet) at all.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:14 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,836,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
SO, instead of addressing the birth rate issue, you just want to tax, tax, and tax some more?

If you notice, most if not all first world countries have a low birth rate, and the rate increases the worse the country is.

So, if your goal is to increase the birth rate, you are essentially setting a goal to make the US worse off, as that correlates with an increase in the birth rate.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
SO, instead of addressing the birth rate issue, you just want to tax, tax, and tax some more?

If you notice, most if not all first world countries have a low birth rate, and the rate increases the worse the country is.

So, if your goal is to increase the birth rate, you are essentially setting a goal to make the US worse off, as that correlates with an increase in the birth rate.
We need a replacement level birthrate, not a growing population birthrate. Again, if we continue below replacement levels, not only will the population decline pretty rapidly short of letting in immigrants, but it will also leave more and more jobs unfilled hurting the economy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies