Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Did Worse In The Eyes of The Court of Public Opinion
Roseanne Joke? 11 7.53%
Or Jussie Smollet Hoax? 135 92.47%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 07:18 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times

Advertisements

Last year Social Media and Mainstream Media was in full blown outrage SJW (Robin) hey bat-SH#T & crazy over the tweets made by Roseann Bar towards Valery Jarret over a joke that triggered millions of people. Her joke allowed Roseanne to be fired from ABC. Roseanne became a laughing stock for the left for nearly two weeks.

Fast forward a nearly year later. The left is getting into trouble due to its control over Social Media and Mainstream Media. The left will believe anything that happens to their own without due process of evidence. So this past few weeks, a gay black Jewish manned named Jussie Smolett claimed that he was beat up and abused by Trump Maga hat wearing white men who yelled homophobic and racial slurs. In the weeks ahead the evidence did not amount to an attack, and pointed towards the Empire star of orchestrating an hoax in order to accuse those who support Trump are sexist, racist bigots and homophobes. For the past week Jussie Smolett is the laughing stock for the right, just how Roseanne Barr was a laughing stock for the left. Both people btw have their acting careers virtually ruined. But I think Roseanne Barr will bounce back but slowly, on the flip hand I don't think Jussie will serve prison time and he might be proven as mentally insane via TDS.

With that said. In the eyes of you people. What is worse. The joke Roseanne Barr made, or the actions that was performed by Jussie Smolett? Both people had their careers ruined. I think society will forgive them and people will move on from this SJW and Alt-Right madness that is plaguing this country like a god damn virus. Answer the Poll folks.

For me. I think Jussie Smollet,(even though I forgive him). His actions are worse because what he did was an action. Remember folks actions speaks louder than words. Jussie could have caused or triggered a societal race war. And his actions also harmed Social Justice movements in which racial incidents due happen, and thus can no longer be trusted or verified by the general public. Even though I'm no fan of Roseanne, what she did was just words and do not hold weight except for those of intersectional and to a lesser extent progressive and conservative wings of the culture war. All I can say is that actions out weighs words any day of the week.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:22 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,770,332 times
Rosanne: female = 1 victim point.

Jussie: gay + black + Jewish = 3 victim points.

We have a winner

Old 02-19-2019, 07:24 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Jussie Smolett by far.

He has absolutely smoked the leftists, the Hollywood elite, the entire Democrat establishment starting with Pelosi, and the MSM. CNN, The NYT, WaPO, area all toast.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:27 PM

Jussie messed up big time. All I have to say is this. Right now we are in an culture war. Sjws, all forms of feminist, conscious woke pro blacks, alt right and white nationalist echo chambers are not playing anymore and are intended to ruin the lives of millions of Americans. Or even ruin their own lives like the stunt jussie pulled.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post

We have a winner
Roseanne is a female and she is Jewish. She gets 2 points. ��

The thing is this. Social media, alt media and mainstream media had a field day with Roseanne for two weeks. Now someone on the left gets in trouble, all forms of left media sided with jussie and now forms of left media feels bitter anal butt hurt.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:34 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,418,277 times
Jussie Smollett, by far.

Consider intent. Roseanne was probably strung out on whatever pills she takes plus too much wine, lost her head and made a bad joke, for which she apologized profusely. Plus she also said she didn't know Jarrett was black. Jussie Smollett, if proven this whole thing was a hoax, had multi-faceted bad intent from the very beginning.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:38 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,418,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post

We have a winner

Jussie is 1/2 Jewish by genetics but probably was not raised in the Jewish faith. What's more Jewish tradition says a child must be born of a Jewish mother to be a "real Jew".

Old 02-19-2019, 07:40 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
She didn't break any law and he likely has broken several, both state and fed.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
She didn't break any law and he likely has broken several, both state and fed.
True she didn't. But for those that be. They would like to have a society in which the words you use can be reprehensible in the eyes of government.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:07 PM

Anyone thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies