Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Did Worse In The Eyes of The Court of Public Opinion
Roseanne Joke? 11 7.53%
Or Jussie Smollet Hoax? 135 92.47%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 10:49 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times

Advertisements

I think both situations stand alone by themselves are legitimate problems.

Roseanne Barr shows us that there are still plenty of racists out there. Jussie shows us that, in this day and age, we are so conditioned to believe a victim before we know the facts.

And both Roseanne and Jussie will face consequences. Roseanne was kicked off her show and all but blackballed from Hollywood, her acting career is probably over. Jussie, if it is proven he lied about the attack, will probably serve time in jail.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:51 AM

2,362 posts, read 778,612 times
Obviously a false police report that cost taxpayers a lot of money, ignited highly-paid pundits to wax and wane about racism in America, and increase divides between the races in the USA is worse than a 3am drunken Twitter joke.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:58 AM

18,457 posts, read 8,287,342 times
didn't Roseanne think Jarrett was white?.....that's legitimate Jarrett is 1/2 northern European and 1/2 African
she can swing either way

Old 02-20-2019, 10:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Last year Social Media and Mainstream Media was in full blown outrage SJW (Robin) hey bat-SH#T & crazy over the tweets made by Roseann Bar towards Valery Jarret over a joke that triggered millions of people. Her joke allowed Roseanne to be fired from ABC. Roseanne became a laughing stock for the left for nearly two weeks.

Fast forward a nearly year later. The left is getting into trouble due to its control over Social Media and Mainstream Media. The left will believe anything that happens to their own without due process of evidence. So this past few weeks, a gay black Jewish manned named Jussie Smolett claimed that he was beat up and abused by Trump Maga hat wearing white men who yelled homophobic and racial slurs. In the weeks ahead the evidence did not amount to an attack, and pointed towards the Empire star of orchestrating an hoax in order to accuse those who support Trump are sexist, racist bigots and homophobes. For the past week Jussie Smolett is the laughing stock for the right, just how Roseanne Barr was a laughing stock for the left. Both people btw have their acting careers virtually ruined. But I think Roseanne Barr will bounce back but slowly, on the flip hand I don't think Jussie will serve prison time and he might be proven as mentally insane via TDS.

With that said. In the eyes of you people. What is worse. The joke Roseanne Barr made, or the actions that was performed by Jussie Smolett? Both people had their careers ruined. I think society will forgive them and people will move on from this SJW and Alt-Right madness that is plaguing this country like a god damn virus. Answer the Poll folks.

For me. I think Jussie Smollet,(even though I forgive him). His actions are worse because what he did was an action. Remember folks actions speaks louder than words. Jussie could have caused or triggered a societal race war. And his actions also harmed Social Justice movements in which racial incidents due happen, and thus can no longer be trusted or verified by the general public. Even though I'm no fan of Roseanne, what she did was just words and do not hold weight except for those of intersectional and to a lesser extent progressive and conservative wings of the culture war. All I can say is that actions out weighs words any day of the week.
Not really even debatable. I can't think anyone would say Roseanne Barr.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:03 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Not really even debatable. I can't think anyone would say Roseanne Barr.
Coastal cities and college echo chambers will say Roseanne is far worse.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
didn't Roseanne think Jarrett was white?.....that's legitimate Jarrett is 1/2 northern European and 1/2 African
she can swing either way
She is also of Persian or Iranian nationality. She was born in Iran 2 decades prior to the Iranian revolution

Old 02-20-2019, 11:05 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
If the Smollett situation proves to be a hoax, then yes, what he did is far worse.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I think both situations stand alone by themselves are legitimate problems.

Roseanne Barr shows us that there are still plenty of racists out there. Jussie shows us that, in this day and age, we are so conditioned to believe a victim before we know the facts.

And both Roseanne and Jussie will face consequences. Roseanne was kicked off her show and all but blackballed from Hollywood, her acting career is probably over. Jussie, if it is proven he lied about the attack, will probably serve time in jail.
I disagree with you on here. Roseanne bar commit was a joke. Problem is that the left no longer uses context and optics no more when it comes to speech. You can is the n word while not being racist, but cause one used the n word the left will label one a racist. It is what it is. The problem is the. The left wants everyone to be perfect. From the day you are born to the day you die you must be perfect. One blemish and your life is over.

As for jussie smollet, like I said before. Actions speak louder than words. And his actions could have triggered a race and identity politics war.

As for me. I hope jussie Smollett and Roseanne get their careers back like. Mel Gibson. But then again Mel Gibson said something racist prior to this epoch we are in. Say something or do something now. Your life is over. It would be better to commit suicide.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
If the Smollett situation proves to be a hoax, then yes, what he did is far worse.
His situation is already a hoax. However the left will force the chicago police not to call it a hoax and than smollett needs mental and psychological help ie trump derangement syndrome.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:11 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
His situation is already a hoax. However the left will force the chicago police not to call it a hoax and than smollett needs mental and psychological help ie trump derangement syndrome.
Um, I am part of the left. Im fine with him being prosecuted for this if it turns out to be a hoax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies