Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 08:05 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,323,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Logical fallacy -> if Carrie Nation does something wrong, doesn't mean this woman should as well.
I'm talking about the reaction. Why have we trained men to be such snowflakes that they have to call the police over some woman knocking off their hat?

Old 02-23-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Stop using sexist talk. If some man knocked off a hat off a woman - we both know you wouldn't be calling her weak for calling the cops.
Probably not. I'm discussing how we have trained men to be such snowflakes.

Quote:
Man can't be expected to just bottle injustices inside, and since we can't react violently either, it's best to just the call the cops. Shame on you for perpetuating toxic masculinity.
Such a terrible injustice. Snowflake.

Old 02-23-2019, 08:08 PM

2,362 posts, read 781,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm talking about the reaction. Why have we trained men to be such snowflakes that they have to call the police over some woman knocking off their hat?
I'm not interested in perpetuating this toxic masculinity. Those days are long gone. The stoic man. The woman confined in the kitchen making her man sandwiches. We live in the 21st century. I'd argue it's weak to just ignore injustices to you just because you're afraid of being seen as weak or a snowflake.

Old 02-23-2019, 08:08 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,710,233 times
MAGA types should eat only at steak houses and stuff. Ethic food is bad for them because it tends to be cooked and sometimes served and cleaned up by....immigrants.

Old 02-23-2019, 08:09 PM

2,448 posts, read 898,118 times
Quote:
Do you really think a woman has never done anything similar in the past?

Carrie Nation destroyed entire bars. She got away with it in many instances also. Men can't even handle a woman knocking off his hat today?

And how would a man have handled that 50 years ago? Would he have called the cops or ignored her?

Snowflake.
Let's recap:

1. A woman's feelings were hurt by a baseball cap.
2. She acted on her feelings and began touching the stranger wearing the hat.
3. The man allowed her to do it rather than use physical force against her. He called the cops instead to get her under control.

Er, who was the thin-skinned "snowflake?"

Women like this one confirm the very stereotypes they typically howl about: emotionally-led, hysterical individuals who can't handle situations on their own, who then expect to be treated with kid gloves when they misbehave. This whole thing with women behaving like this woman and the Dirty Women's Marches...the very last thing men think and most normal women think is that these are "strong" or "tough" women when they behave like this. Crude, vulgar, over-aggressive, out-of-control women like this one trigger people of both sexes to recoil. Far from coming off as strong, they look especially weak. They behave like many teenage boys and young men behave who don't yet understand what it is to be a man. So they act really aggressive and swear a lot and talk about how tough they are. They look pathetic, as this woman does as those clownish women at the marches look when they do some of the same things. Contrary to what many people on one side of the spectrum think, the vast majority of men love and respect women because of the wives, sisters, mothers in our lives and they don't act like these women.

Old 02-23-2019, 08:09 PM

2,362 posts, read 781,086 times
Quote:
Such a terrible injustice. Snowflake.
Yes, I'd call the police on her too. And you can go ahead and call me a snowflake, and I will go ahead and laugh in your face. You think I value your opinion?

Old 02-23-2019, 08:11 PM

7,448 posts, read 2,842,701 times
Don't hit people. Hitting people is bad mmm kay.

Old 02-23-2019, 08:13 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,775,721 times
Quote:
Why do you think women are entitled to go around demanding men comply with their every whim, and be subject to abuse when they don't? Men have the same rights as women to go into restaurants and enjoy a meal in peace.

Old 02-23-2019, 08:14 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,710,233 times
Quote:
It's all on a scale and if people can act out in public it just allows them to think they can do it again and then step it up a notch.

Heck, yesterday I was in lowes and grabbed an empty lumber cart in the center of the lumber isle (Lowe regulars know that they often keep them there lined up empty).....some young woman comes after me like I'm hijacking her car or something. REAL attitude which even continued after I explained that Lowes employees line them up RIGHT THERE.

I went to the next aisle and there were 4 lined up and got one!

Point is, many people must not have been taught basic civil behavior. Why the heck would this young (and quite hot) woman think I was intentionally ripping her off? After that I saw her with her contractor and/or BF and she was telling him the story. Then they were in line after me.....I 1/2 expected them to come accost me in the parking lot when we were both outside together.

Over an empty cart...more of which were lined up a few feet away!

Some people have been raised as the wrong kind of princesses....(in this case, for sure).

Old 02-23-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I'm not interested in perpetuating this toxic masculinity. Those days are long gone. The stoic man. The woman confined in the kitchen making her man sandwiches. We live in the 21st century. I'd argue it's weak to just ignore injustices to you just because you're afraid of being seen as weak or a snowflake.
I wouldn't disagree. Do we all now agree?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies