Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 09:04 PM

26,665 posts, read 28,805,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I have to say this. In high school, what kid is transgendered?? Who are these parents allowing a CHILD to change their bodies, take hormones, whatever?

Parents need to tell their kids they accept them not matter what gender they feel, however they will have to wait until they’re adults to make these body altering decisions.
They shouldn't be allowed to make that life changing decision until they are around 21 years of age. I think they even let young kids change their gender and young kids could just be going through a stage. Then what do they do when they realize they made a mistake?

I sympathize with them in a way because they are suffering--but a lot of people are suffering in all kinds of different ways. Sometimes you just have to suffer for a while. Learn to cope with things.

AND I do not want transgendered women-men coming into the women's bathrooms! BTW I'm a Democrat and this is not about Democrats vs Conservatives. It's about plain common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 09:08 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,989,109 times
essentially:

one whatever winner.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:15 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,780,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
They shouldn't be allowed to make that life changing decision until they are around 21 years of age. I think they even let young kids change their gender and young kids could just be going through a stage. Then what do they do when they realize they made a mistake?

I sympathize with them in a way because they are suffering--but a lot of people are suffering in all kinds of different ways. Sometimes you just have to suffer for a while. Learn to cope with things.

AND I do not want transgendered women-men coming into the women's bathrooms! BTW I'm a Democrat and this is not about Democrats vs Conservatives. It's about plain common sense.
I’m a conservative that doesn’t have a problem with someone wanting to change their gender. Do whatever you want is my theory. Just don’t ask me for special privileges because of your decisions.

You’re correct. I think at 18, that’s when the kid starts the conversation with doctors. They can take it from there, mandatory counseling, hormone therapy, etc.

I went through stages as a kid, teen, and young adult. At 18, I knew everything. At 21 I remember thinking “I may not know all I thought I did”. At 23, I remember saying to myself that I don’t know a darn thing and need to start learning.

For that matter, I thought I knew everything at 15. Thinking I should be allowed to do whatever I want, stay out until I felt like it, not come home, drink alcohol.

I can see if a parent wants to let their kid try alcohol. Their business. But let your child undergo such drastic body altering changes? This isn’t like letting them get their ears pierced.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:21 PM

5,746 posts, read 2,794,415 times
Wee according to RWNJs teachers are loser (which would include coaches) and Schools are just nothing but a bunch of participation trophies anyway so what’s the difference.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:37 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,276,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I can't believe women are putting up with this crap.
+_1.

The insanity needs to stop.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:59 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,682,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.westernjournal.com/trans...estern-journal

I understand a transgender's pain and transition. I know two women that are transitioning and becoming men. One of them has even had her mastectomies and is waiting for surgery to create a penis.

I don't understand letting two physically stronger transgender sprinters compete against highschool girls

I also don't like that some random guy can now say that that he identifies as a female and goes in and showers and dresses in a woman's dressing room
Well, if the guy identifies as a female, he would not be attracted to females like a hetero male would be? so he wouldnt really get any 'jollies' from being in a girls locker room.

Actually I think if they made him use the boys locker room, he would make the boys feel more uncomfortable, because he identifies as a female, that means, he would be attracted to boys, so allowing him in a boys locker room would be creepy.

Old 02-24-2019, 10:25 PM

12,435 posts, read 8,225,382 times
Quote:
What about the strengthing effects of testosterone????
Height and weight only, those with similar levels of training but with testosterone at around 5'9" 150 lbs with it will probably beat Serena Williams at tennis

Old 02-24-2019, 10:48 PM

8,901 posts, read 5,399,037 times
Quote:
If that is the new normal that I have to accept. I guess, at 73, I will now identify as a female and will use the woman's locker room and showers!

Of course some of the women at my jim are so ripped that they can kill me
They, of course, are bigots and haters.

Old 02-24-2019, 11:09 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,252,908 times
I am so sick of this insanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, if the guy identifies as a female, he would not be attracted to females like a hetero male would be? so he wouldnt really get any 'jollies' from being in a girls locker room.

Actually I think if they made him use the boys locker room, he would make the boys feel more uncomfortable, because he identifies as a female, that means, he would be attracted to boys, so allowing him in a boys locker room would be creepy.
Attraction is a completely separate issue, a trans female can be attracted to females or males... or both.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:44 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,662,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

So we should exclude gays from boys locker room?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies