Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 10:20 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,063,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I bet most of these women pushing for it have never been on the front lines seeing the gruesomeness of war. Send a bunch of 18 yr old girl snowflakes back home in caskets and we might see the true number of people wanting it.
Exactly....can you imagine teen girls who have been overly pampered by their parents & society as "princesses" on a combat battlefield?? It would be funny if it was not so tragically sad to imagine. Yet, the delusions of equality that are so rampant in today's PC world may see it eventually happen - although as someone pointed out...what will wind up happening is they will be protected by keeping them behind the lines...if not initially then when the bodies start piling up - and not just the female bodies...the bodies of male soldiers who have ineffectual females in their unit or ones who have there weapons taken from them in close combat and used against their own. - It's just like police dept's in major urban cities that stick women in inside jobs because they know they would be a liability on the streets...and, if not inside then to have a male partner.

Now's the point where some fem chimes in with "but...but...but...there was that female who made the Army Rangers!!"....the VAST EXCEPTION to the rule and what the rule would be....protected Disney princesses and "you can't hit (shoot??) me because I'm a girl" types being drafted into a combat unit....LMAO...what could go wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 10:32 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
What is the likely hood of their ever being a military draft again anyway? When Vietnam occurred they didn't have the technology they do these days.

The part to me that is happy to see this is it forces females to sign up or run the risk of losing financial ad. Was not fair how men were forced to sign up or lose things.
Has it been two years that women were ALLOWED to serve in combat?
To be Fair a male dominated SCOTUS pronounced it constitutional in 1981.

Why would you have women sign up for the draft if they are not allowed to fight?

Old 02-25-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
Exactly....can you imagine teen girls who have been overly pampered by their parents & society as "princesses" on a combat battlefield?? It would be funny if it was not so tragically sad to imagine. Yet, the delusions of equality that are so rampant in today's PC world may see it eventually happen - although as someone pointed out...what will wind up happening is they will be protected by keeping them behind the lines...if not initially then when the bodies start piling up - and not just the female bodies...the bodies of male soldiers who have ineffectual females in their unit or ones who have there weapons taken from them in close combat and used against their own. - It's just like police dept's in major urban cities that stick women in inside jobs because they know they would be a liability on the streets...and, if not inside then to have a male partner.

Now's the point where some fem chimes in with "but...but...but...there was that female who made the Army Rangers!!"....the VAST EXCEPTION to the rule and what the rule would be....protected Disney princesses and "you can't hit (shoot??) me because I'm a girl" types being drafted into a combat unit....LMAO...what could go wrong?
exhibit A. Its men who are against female inscription, not feminists

Old 02-25-2019, 10:48 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So you don't see any potential issue if it were to happen that a significant amount of women were drafted?
About 75% of single parents are women. What are the options for child care arrangements for a single mother if drafted?

Where do the babies go?
When a military person is unable to make care arrangements then they have to file an appeal and go through that process my point is that both sexes have to deal with arrangements if they are the sole parent.

Old 02-25-2019, 10:52 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,769,559 times
I've got no dog in this fight. But my thanks to the court for some entertainment

Old 02-25-2019, 10:53 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Can anyone show me where women were clamoring to get into combat roles?
Women in the military were complaining that the only way for advancement was in combat roles.

Old 02-25-2019, 10:59 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I bet most of these women pushing for it have never been on the front lines seeing the gruesomeness of war. Send a bunch of 18 yr old girl snowflakes back home in caskets and we might see the true number of people wanting it.
Most current members of the military have not, and will not, ever be on the front lines.

And even if they were, why are you so against females sharing the burden of same?

Old 02-25-2019, 11:00 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,063,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
exhibit A. Its men who are against female inscription, not feminists
What's your point??....I'd guess the majority of non PC males in the US would be against it. Never said we (I) weren't.....but, true to their nature, most special agenda groups push for and want the advantages for their groups while railing against any consequences. The saying "be careful what you wish for" is the buzz phrase here.

Care to provide any backing for these "feminists" you refer to as demanding or at least pushing for inclusion of females in the draft??

Old 02-25-2019, 11:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
What is the likely hood of their ever being a military draft again anyway? When Vietnam occurred they didn't have the technology they do these days.

The part to me that is happy to see this is it forces females to sign up or run the risk of losing financial ad. Was not fair how men were forced to sign up or lose things.
This is the core issue.

It was unfair and needed to be corrected.
Now it has been.

All of these fantasy scenarios that some posters have come up with totally miss this essential point.

But, I guess they were okay with males be singled out for penalties in this way.

Weird, I know.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
When a military person is unable to make care arrangements then they have to file an appeal and go through that process my point is that both sexes have to deal with arrangements if they are the sole parent.
This is true. I'm just thinking of issues that may arises. Only 16% of men compromise single parents where there is a substantial number of young women with children with no fathers in the picture. I assume when a man with a child signs up there is a wife, baby momma or mother who is available to care for his child.
Women may get pregnant on purpose to avoid being drafted, there may be pregnancies on the front lines. These are just issues that have not had to be dealt with on any scale before.
Given your name I'm sure you know more about the military than I. I'm relieved all that is under control and there wont be any issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies