Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 07:26 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

Nothing to do with five kids breaking a vase or anyone "hating" Israel or Jews either, for that matter.

The holocaust was indeed dreadful, but U.S. taxpayers have spent a boatload of money defending Israel and for what?

Don't see how our involvement in their business is in the best interests of the U.S.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:28 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Nothing to do with five kids breaking a vase or anyone "hating" Israel or Jews either, for that matter.

The holocaust was indeed dreadful, but U.S. taxpayers have spent a boatload of money defending Israel and for what?

Don't see how our involvement in their business is in the best interests of the U.S.
I've always said that the Holocaust has unfortunately given Israel carte blanche to do whatever the hell they want, and if you dare criticize one thing, you get labeled a Nazi or Anti-Semite.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:28 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
And what about other foreign countries' horrible mistreatment of Muslims? Or, for that matter, Arab countries' horrible mistreatment of Jews? (They stole the property of and expelled close to 1 million Jews in the 20th century.) Seems like the only two countries you criticize are America and Israel.
I don't think I spoke all that much about Israel before. If you bring it up, I should speak on what exactly?

Will I continue to criticize America's continued war mongering more than other places? Of course. It's where I live. I should do otherwise? One has to clean up their own backyards...............

Old 02-25-2019, 07:32 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Again, not liking the Likud party, and the way they treat the Palestinians worse than we have treated the Native Americans here, is not Anti-semitic
Quote:
Netanyahu is a tyrant
Yes, absolutely, to both of these comments. And it has nothing to do with anti-Semitism, though I don't expect the OP to believe it. She is a single agenda poster.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:36 AM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
We have been critical of Myanmar's treatment of the Rohingya but the difference is that we don't supply military arms to Myanmar as is the case with Israel. We stand alone on most issues with Israel like the move declaring Jerusalem capital while claiming that the presidents son-in-law has a magical peace plan.

Every president going back to Carter has been critical of Israel's behavior, does that make them Nazi's, you need to give the hyperbole a rest. You should be more concerned with congress passing unconstitutional anti-BDS laws.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:38 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yes, absolutely, to both of these comments. And it has nothing to do with anti-Semitism, though I don't expect the OP to believe it. She is a single agenda poster.
And the liberals keep diverting to Israel, which proves the point of the OP.

And I'm not a single issue poster. I post on many topics - and other sub-forums here as well. You just don't like when I reveal the connection between antisemitism and Israel-hate.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:41 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We have been critical of Myanmar's treatment of the Rohingya but the difference is that we don't supply military arms to Myanmar as is the case with Israel. We stand alone on most issues with Israel like the move declaring Jerusalem capital while claiming that the presidents son-in-law has a magical peace plan.

Every president going back to Carter has been critical of Israel's behavior, does that make them Nazi's, you need to give the hyperbole a rest. You should be more concerned with congress passing unconstitutional anti-BDS laws.
Then why are we seeing a global rise in anti-Semitism along with an increased blanket hatred of Israel? Don't tell me there's no correlation. Much of it is coming from the Israel-hating Muslim migrants into Europe.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:42 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Then why are we seeing a global rise in anti-Semitism along with an increased blanket hatred of Israel? Don't tell me there's no correlation. Much of it is coming from the Israel-hating Muslim migrants into Europe.
We aren't

Old 02-25-2019, 07:43 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
And the liberals keep diverting to Israel, which proves the point of the OP.

And I'm not a single issue poster. I post on many topics - and other sub-forums here as well. You just don't like when I reveal the connection between antisemitism and Israel-hate.
I can hate the Catholic Church for the things they've done, but not hate all Catholics as a result. Just as I can hate Israel for the things they have done and not hate all Jews as a result. It's a distinction you are incapable of acknowledging.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:45 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,998 times
Quote:
I've always said that the Holocaust has unfortunately given Israel carte blanche to do whatever the hell they want, and if you dare criticize one thing, you get labeled a Nazi or Anti-Semite.
When was the last time a terrorist act was committed against the U.S. by an Israeli?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies