Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2019, 02:03 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If someone wants to vote for a politician that promises more aid to Israel (or any country as far as that goes) that is their right. I was simply trying to help explain why some point out that some people's loyalties lie elsewhere. You are correct that in a country such as ours, you are permitted to do that.
So you, and the radical leftists like Omar, are claiming that Jews who believe it is important to support Israel, and vote for politicians who agree, are disloyal to America.

And you don't think it's dangerous to accuse Jews of being un-American? And that by doing so you are emboldening antisemites to see Jews as treasonous? And that's not a way to deligitimize Jews?

And this is done while you rally behind illegal immigrants and proclaim they are hapless victims deserving of American support?

Old 03-14-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
The hate for the money changers is growing all around. Jews are not going to be exempt.
Now you're calling Jews "money changers"? YOu ARE a leftist, aren't you? The group who pretends to be at against antisemitism?

Old 03-14-2019, 02:09 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
The hate for the money changers is growing all around. Jews are not going to be exempt.
Not all Jews are “money changers”. Not all “money changers” are Jews. Historically, that fact hasn’t saved the Jewish baker, the Jewish carpenter, the Jewish doctor, or the Jewish children who haven’t yet decided what profession they will undertake. Hate for the “money changers” somehow translates into hate for all Jews.

And I dont even understand the hate for “money changers”. Hate the system if you wish, but not the people who excel at it. They didnt create it. They are just doing the most with it that they can. As long as no laws are being broken, why hate people that work to the best of their ability within it? Isn’t that what we are all trying to do?

Old 03-14-2019, 02:15 PM

I hope the liberals are noting that the above anti-Israel poster, who keeps insisting that being against Israel is never an indication of antisemitism, has disdainfully referred to Jews as "money changers" - an antisemitic phrase going back centuries.

This thread is proving the truth of my opening post.

Old 03-14-2019, 02:25 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So you, and the radical leftists like Omar........
A few have been able to make this a decent conversation. If you want to rephrase without the hyperbole and name calling I will continue.

Old 03-14-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Not all Jews are “money changers”. Not all “money changers” are Jews. Historically, that fact hasn’t saved the Jewish baker, the Jewish carpenter, the Jewish doctor, or the Jewish children who haven’t yet decided what profession they will undertake. Hate for the “money changers” somehow translates into hate for all Jews.
The vast majority are not. I noted that. Someone like Lloyd Blankfein fits the stereotype to a T. Does that make all guilty? Of course not.

Quote:
And I dont even understand the hate for “money changers”. Hate the system if you wish, but not the people who excel at it. They didnt create it. They are just doing the most with it that they can. As long as no laws are being broken, why hate people that work to the best of their ability within it? Isn’t that what we are all trying to do?
Laws were broken. The "money changers" were able to purchase a get out of jail free card.

Old 03-14-2019, 02:41 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Oh for goodness sake. Muslim and Christians are forbidden to deal with lending or borrowing. My Bible admonishes me to neither a borrower or lender be. That left the jews to tend to money matters.

Money changers is an old word for banker. Seems to me if a person is in a line of business for many years, they may have some who get really good about it. Two thousand years of experience might give a person an edge. Just my .02

I'm beginning to think Rachel is a hired gun to stir up anti semitism. She refuses to consider or acknowledge the legitimacy of any POV other than her own.

Old 03-14-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Oh for goodness sake. Muslim and Christians are forbidden to deal with lending or borrowing. My Bible admonishes me to neither a borrower or lender be. That left the jews to tend to money matters.

Money changers is an old word for banker. Seems to me if a person is in a line of business for many years, they may have some who get really good about it. Two thousand years of experience might give a person an edge. Just my .02

I'm beginning to think Rachel is a hired gun to stir up anti semitism. She refuses to consider or acknowledge the legitimacy of any POV other than her own.
Ah.....another conspiracy theory. A Jew who calls out antisemitism is now accused of trying to stir it up.

Old 03-14-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
A few have been able to make this a decent conversation. If you want to rephrase without the hyperbole and name calling I will continue.
Before you repeat your disdainful remark about "money changers," perhaps you need to learn why it's antisemitic:

https://www.thejc.com/comment/commen...o-die-1.442389

Old 03-14-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Lol, OK, I got a chuckle out of this. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies