Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 07:30 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,413,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If what you say is true, then why does kushner have an interim clearance and not a TS? Is it possible he is going through the entire process?
There is no indication that Kushner goes through any process for his clearance. And if you believe in the executive authority of the President this is all quite clear.

I would hope that the various intelligence agencies continue to monitor Kushner and everyone else in the White House. We should still be checking for spies even close to the President. Hopefully they catch no one...but one never knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2019, 07:32 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,179,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Think of it like this libs.

Trump is like your Big Boss, what he says goes when it comes to clearances, he doesn't need to offer any explanation. Accept that, maybe a couple of Tums, doze off, Trump will still be in charge tomorrow. The American people elected him. Your guy lost, get over it..
The majority of the American people did not choose this grifter and the one good thing that will come out of this debacle is the decimation of the electoral college...state by state.

Old 03-02-2019, 07:41 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,290,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Think of it like this libs.

Trump is like your Big Boss, what he says goes when it comes to clearances, he doesn't need to offer any explanation. Accept that, maybe a couple of Tums, doze off, Trump will still be in charge tomorrow. The American people elected him. Your guy lost, get over it..
I understand your confusion, that's how it works in Russia. Unfortunately for your snarky behind, that's not how it works here, we have three co-equal branches of government. And one of em is fixing to give him a beat down.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:10 PM

46,381 posts, read 27,236,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There is no indication that Kushner goes through any process for his clearance. And if you believe in the executive authority of the President this is all quite clear.

I would hope that the various intelligence agencies continue to monitor Kushner and everyone else in the White House. We should still be checking for spies even close to the President. Hopefully they catch no one...but one never knows.

So, he has a TS clearance, right now? WOW...you better tell kushner.

You mean like the chinese spy that drove feinstine around for 20+ years?

Old 03-02-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
No need. The President is not bound by the EO. He overrides it...it is overridden. The EO is simply the codified desire of the President.

If he says give Kushner a TS clearance it is done.

Got to admit this is weird...here am I defending Trump against a right winger...hell has frozen over.

SO, lets get this straight, you tell me there is an EO that lets him give anyone he wants a clearance, and then when I call you on it, you say he's not bound by the EO.....

You cannot make this stuff up folks...

Old 03-02-2019, 08:12 PM

52,395 posts, read 52,893,910 times
If there isn't any proof of him being a bad actor then I don't have an issue with this.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The majority of the American people did not choose this grifter and the one good thing that will come out of this debacle is the decimation of the electoral college...state by state.

Wet dreams again, I see....cool, you'll be glad that as little as 10 states can decide who is president....

Talk about your vote not counting...but you're cool with that, sad....

Old 03-02-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
I understand your confusion, that's how it works in Russia. Unfortunately for your snarky behind, that's not how it works here, we have three co-equal branches of government. And one of em is fixing to give him a beat down.

WOW, the sarcasm in that post went completely over your head...not surprising, when you're in your mom's basement, eating cereal for dinner, still in your PJ's.....watching barney...

Old 03-02-2019, 08:24 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,413,798 times
Quote:
So, he has a TS clearance, right now? WOW...you better tell kushner.

You mean like the chinese spy that drove feinstine around for 20+ years?
Quote:
SO, lets get this straight, you tell me there is an EO that lets him give anyone he wants a clearance, and then when I call you on it, you say he's not bound by the EO.....

You cannot make this stuff up folks...
You really appear not to understand.

An EO is simply the codified directive of the President. Nothing more or less. If the President no longer agrees it does not apply.

Strange how simple concepts are so hard to handle.

And the driver for Feinstein would indict the intelligence community whose job it was to watch that those near the movers and shakers are trustworthy. You hear of any spooks getting fired?.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
You really appear not to understand.

An EO is simply the codified directive of the President. Nothing more or less. If the President no longer agrees it does not apply.

Strange how simple concepts are so hard to handle.

And the driver for Feinstein would indict the intelligence community whose job it was to watch that those near the movers and shakers are trustworthy. You hear of any spooks getting fired?.

Simple concept? You bring up the EO, I call you on it, then say, well, it really does not matter....then why did you bring it up?

Yes, it appears you could not even understand your simple concept....to the point you had to back track within a few posts about the EO.....

So, feinstien did not have a spy driving for her? Even after she was told there might be something going on?

Quote:
“Five years ago the FBI informed me it had concerns that an administrative member of my California staff was potentially being sought out by the Chinese government to provide information,”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.95635d06b212

Glad you can play that down, as not being near the "movers and shakers"....of course she never did business in her car....and I'm sure the spy never overheard anything, just ask him....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies