Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2020, 08:37 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,825,726 times

Advertisements

So fascinating watching this echo chamber at work.....

Old 01-17-2020, 08:40 AM

20,364 posts, read 9,234,235 times
Ukrainian Foreign Minister on Parnas-- yesterday

I am minister of Foreign Affairs. And then, frankly, I never spoke with this individual. And again, frankly, I don't trust any word he is now saying. lol

Old 01-17-2020, 11:13 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,976,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Ukrainian Foreign Minister on Parnas-- yesterday

I am minister of Foreign Affairs. And then, frankly, I never spoke with this individual. And again, frankly, I don't trust any word he is now saying. lol
You do realize that Ukraine has to walk a very slender tightrope, don't you? They don't want to offend the present U.S. administration, as that would once again endanger financial support. Nor do they want to further trigger the Russian bear, who is still attacking Ukrainian troops in Donbass daily. So it's not surprising that a Ukrainian official would attempt to distance himself as much as possible from the current situation.

How convincing that attempt was depends on who's paying attention and their own level of knowledge, I expect.

Old 01-17-2020, 02:44 PM

37,370 posts, read 60,167,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump continues his lying.

Today he has shown he has no defense for his crime of abuse of office or obstruction of Congress
We need to separate moral defense, legal defense, and political defense....
He certainly has no moral defense for lying like a Turkish rug
His legal defense is non-existent
Which is why he needs his political defense—having Mitch McConnell and GOP Senators in the bag along with the RNP which are like limpets attacking themselves to a shark to feed off its carrion...

The GOP can’t get elected w/o Trump
Trump can’t stay elected w/o the GOP

Old 01-17-2020, 05:02 PM

11,403 posts, read 4,114,356 times
Former Republican Congressman and harddcore Trump supporter Chris Collins is going to federal prison for lying to investigators, among other crimes.

Chris Collins was one of the first Republicans in Congress to endorse Trump for president.

LOCK HIM UP! liar!

https://twitter.com/PeterHoskinsTV/s...15123737022464

Old 01-17-2020, 06:43 PM

16,787 posts, read 8,277,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
We need to separate moral defense, legal defense, and political defense....
He certainly has no moral defense for lying like a Turkish rug
His legal defense is non-existent
Which is why he needs his political defense—having Mitch McConnell and GOP Senators in the bag along with the RNP which are like limpets attacking themselves to a shark to feed off its carrion...

The GOP can’t get elected w/o Trump
Trump can’t stay elected w/o the GOP
The funny thing is, just like the GOP house members, there is no support of Trump from the Senators.
They only talk about process, worried about more information coming out.

No mention of a defense, no mention of how good a man Trump is.

No support what so ever.

Old 01-17-2020, 07:43 PM

9,467 posts, read 9,419,454 times
Quote:
The funny thing is, just like the GOP house members, there is no support of Trump from the Senators.

No support what so ever.
Except that they will vote NOT to remove him.

Old 01-17-2020, 07:54 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,526,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

duncan hunter also claimed the charges against him were a "witch-hunt".

dorothy wishes she was this successful.

Old 01-17-2020, 08:16 PM

51,737 posts, read 26,043,490 times
Quote:

No support what so ever.
Is anyone defending Trump's honor?

Just read that he has assembled a crackerjack team of attorneys to plead his case in the Senate -- Dershowitz, Ken Starr, Pam Bondi, Robert Ray, Jane Raskin, Pat Cipollone, and my personal favorite, Jay Sekulow.

Starr recently resigned as President of Baylor over a scandal involving turning a blind eye to sexual assaults by football players which went on for years. He's Fox contributor.

Bondi was the one who decided not to pursue an investigation into Trump's now defunct fraud of a university following a $25K campaign donation from Trump's "charitable" foundation.

Dershowitz claims he is not really a member of the team but will show up and pontificate for an hour about how none of this meets the constitutional standard of high crimes and misdemeanors, then be on his way.

Lord only knows what Dershowitz believes meets the standards of misdemeanors, but apparently refusing Congressional subpoenas, witness intimidation, violation of the law by blocking security aid to Ukraine that was authorized by Congress, seeking foreign interference in U.S. elections, ... does not.

I do hope Jay Sekolow gets into an argument with himself as he did during that Chris Wallace interview. That was hysterical.

I've read that Trump had considered going with the House Republicans who stood up for him, but thought better of it.

Probably just as well, seeing as Nunes was involved in the very business that Trump is getting impeached over, and a little of Jordan goes a long ways.

Hard to believe this is actually happening and not some Netflix series starring John Candy.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 01-17-2020 at 08:30 PM..

Old 01-17-2020, 11:42 PM

5,120 posts, read 1,700,457 times
Quote:

They way the House voted disagrees with you. The defectors were Democrats that saw the impeachment crap for what it is, stupid partisan nonsense. It even caused someone to leave the party, if more would leave the Party of hate then our great country would be better off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies