Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 04:51 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,357 times

Advertisements

Trump slump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2019, 05:37 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Trump slump.
Dump Trump.

Old 03-08-2019, 07:38 PM

4,252 posts, read 3,173,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Bad weather causes people to change their plans to hire new employees? Really? It is a seasonally adjusted number.
Actually....yes it can and it is not all that uncommon. Let me give you an specific example: My sons own a company that does moisture remediation in crawlspaces. We've had a tremendous amount of rain over the past 4-6 weeks. The ground is saturated. They have a lot of work stacked up and need additional employees. Unfortunately, with the weather being so poor they will not be hiring for a few more weeks.

Old 03-08-2019, 07:43 PM

937 posts, read 927,133 times
And then Trump will lift the tariffs and proclaim himself savior of America.

And I will continue to refer to him as a f***ing moron.

Old 03-08-2019, 07:45 PM

937 posts, read 927,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Actually....yes it can and it is not all that uncommon. Let me give you an specific example: My sons own a company that does moisture remediation in crawlspaces. We've had a tremendous amount of rain over the past 4-6 weeks. The ground is saturated. They have a lot of work stacked up and need additional employees. Unfortunately, with the weather being so poor they will not be hiring for a few more weeks.
A 120k dip though is pretty drastic.

Sure, seasonal effects do matter but I don't think seasonality would account for such a substantial proportion of "missing jobs".

Old 03-08-2019, 08:14 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,303,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Actual DOLLARS of money given away???

That would be the only thing that is really relevant here.

The top 1% got almost 4% of a vastly larger number each.

Most others got .8% to 1.7% of a much smaller number.

Since 100% of the money is borrowed it would seem that giving more free money to one person as opposed to another is not really fair.

If we had a surplus and cut rates to make the budget balance, then...yes...an outsized break would go to those at the top. But we are effectively rewarding the top....for NOT having paid enough taxes! Or, put your way, we are slightly rewarding everyone but especially corporations and the top for NOT paying enough taxes.
Perhaps you should read the chart I posted again?

Old 03-08-2019, 08:17 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,303,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. posting facts hey? Going by percent the richest got the biggest tax cut.
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...-consequences/

And most importantly? The individual income cuts expire in 2025, the corporate changes are forever. You're not posting facts, you are misleading people.
I was referring to the basic income tax cut.

Since the top 1% of income earners pay about 40% of the taxes, that would have to be factored in, too.

Old 03-08-2019, 08:35 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,004 times
If at least 1 million jobs were added a last month and all of them filled, included one for me, that would help make America great again!

Old 03-08-2019, 08:47 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Predictably this would be lefty red meat today. Anything less than positive gets pounced (foaming) from lefty. For 2 years the jobs report has been ignored. Keep your fingers crossed. Maybe we'll have a nuclear war to feed your tds
Did you use a conservative random word generator to form that paragraph?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-08-2019, 09:49 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 20 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,535,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are all new hires, whether or not they are all counted as "job added". Get over yourself.
New hires =/= new jobs, thats my point.

One set is counted towards what we refer to "jobs numbers", the other isnt.

Quote:
And no, no one hires summer jobs in February no matter how good the weather is.
I have lived 30 miles from Fairhope/ Gulf Shores/Orange Beach my entire life. Hiring starts in February down here. Its a tourist area.

Since you think im lying, here is just one hotel hiring 100 people in February

https://www.wkrg.com/news/baldwin-co...tel/1754397519

here is the famous Flora-Bama hiring 200+ people in February

https://www.wkrg.com/news/baldwin-co...son/1756446645

Here is the HangOut, one of the main Restaurant/Live Music Venues at the main public beach hiring 500 people in February.

https://www.thehangout.com/event/the-hangout-job-fair/

Original oyster House Jan 31st(close enough )

https://www.originaloysterhouse.com/news.php?pid=343

The Wharf, which has 3 1,000+ Unit Condominium buildings, 30+ shops,A convention center, and a 10,000 seat concert Amphitheater

The Wharf to have job fair at SpringHill Suites in Orange Beach | AL.com

But "no one hires for Summer jobs in February", I guess you are right, since the season technically starts in march and isnt called "summer", LOL

so right there, I have listed about 1,500 open positions posted for February, many of which didnt exist before then, seasonal or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies