Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 11:38 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Democrats are so happy to see the USA fail at everything it does.. I'm guessing when it doesn't happen there won't be acknowledgement of that.
In case you haven't noticed millions of Democrats participate & are also part of the economy so what befalls the nation economically hurts all of us or did you think that all Democrats are just sitting at home enjoying Welfare payments & food stamps?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2019, 11:40 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
In case you haven't noticed millions of Democrats participate & are also part of the economy so what befalls the nation economically hurts all of us or did you think that all Democrats are just sitting at home enjoying Welfare payments & food stamps?

No, I think they hate Trump and wish for him to fail even if the US is hurt in the long run. Of Trump succeeds at anything, there's less of a chance Liberals will be able to get him out of office. Less of a chance career politicians keep their power and position...

Old 03-08-2019, 11:47 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yeah. There are clearly some issues with this month's number. Labor is a lagging indicator and we are not in recession just yet. Recession watchers should pay far more attention to the dismal Chinese export number this morning and the EU news yesterday. Both strongly suggest a global slowing is in the works. As for wage growth, a good deal of it came from the low end and may be influenced by the number of states and localities that have implemented increases in minimum wages at the start of the year. Overall, though, this whole month's report is suspect because of the shutdown.
I concur. Few people realize the importance of increases in the minimum wage.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:52 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
No, I think they hate Trump and wish for him to fail even if the US is hurt in the long run. Of Trump succeeds at anything, there's less of a chance Liberals will be able to get him out of office. Less of a chance career politicians keep their power and position...
That’s rather a rather childish view devoid of all logic.

Oh, btw, Trump IS a career politician as he’s always been a crook like the rest of them.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:52 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I concur. Few people realize the importance of increases in the minimum wage.
Yeah we do. Most people make themselves more valuable and go get better jobs.

Those MW McJobs are for teens and others just starting out like you and I did when we were 16.

Raising that wage causes wage inflation.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:59 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
That's what happens when you elect Nancy to run things....she caused the Global Financial Crisis last time she was Speaker and now she is in for an encore performance.
You are hilarious blaming Pelosi for the February jobs numbers since she has only been running the House for about a month!

I'm surprised you haven't blamed AOC yet !

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Predictably this would be lefty red meat today. Anything less than positive gets pounced (foaming) from lefty. For 2 years the jobs report has been ignored. Keep your fingers crossed. Maybe we'll have a nuclear war to feed your tds
Ignored, because it has been below average, but not by a massive amount, but now it is WAYYYY below average.

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post

Actually MORE.....much more wealth in the hands of blue and purple areas. Vastly more.

It's really no fun looking at my investments having gone nowhere in well over a year. As far as the job market that doesn't concern me because I always worked for myself and am skilled in many trades.

But I do look around me and people are not "booming" economically from "the economy". It's stable at best - but that stability is at the same low wage situation as we've been dealing with for 20 years or so....longer in some industries (manufacturing, for example).

Old 03-08-2019, 12:01 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Bingo.

The payday tax scam juiced the stock market, but did little to spur investment.

Now Trump is begging China to help him "unleash a market rally".

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...l-stock-market

Last December, Trump announced an "incredible" deal with China. So far, no deal.

Though we keep hearing the same thing every few weeks, according to WSJ and other reports, we are not as close to a trade deal as hoped. No date has been set yet for a summit to resolve trade dispute.

If we do slide into recession, what tools are left?
If we head into a recession with another $2T in debt and tax receipts decreasing what then.

But don't worry, Kudlow says the jobs report is very fluky and we shouldn't pay any attention.

Old 03-08-2019, 12:06 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Actually MORE.....much more wealth in the hands of blue and purple areas. Vastly more.
That's a circle they've had an awfully difficult time squaring. Along with the fact that..

Educated voters lean Democratic and highly educated voters even more so.

Blue states contribute more in tax revenues than Red states.

The Special Counsel investigation was started by a Trump appointee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies