Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 07:16 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,244,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Don't throw the conspiracy card at me! Take that to the Alex Jones thread. This is about safety. Which some let their political ambitions get in the way which is a disgrace. Southwest and American Airlines are the only ones who are flying these potential deathtraps!
You can always walk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2019, 07:17 PM

19,823 posts, read 22,716,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I bet she is the most popular Senator today in several States. I have never heard of such a thing before - we could call this "unprecedented" and where is her rational for this?
Is is just that she wants a News Story? Is it that she is totally Senile?

U.S. senator calls on FAA to ground Boeing 737 MAX 8 |Reuters - 3/11/19

Is there anyone here that actually thinks that Boeing Air is willing to deal with the massive legal problems involved IF they had even a small suspicion of any danger to this aircraft?

The Lawsuits are so MASSIVE that any "grounding" is a very, very, very Serious business.

Unbelievable
1. The FAA should be the appropriate mechanism to ground an aircraft from service.
2. The NTSB should provide the FAA with the evidence necessary to proclaim a grounding, and;
3. Elected officials should allow the above, 1 and 2, to make the call.

That's my .02 cents worth..

(but of course Federal Agencies ARE deep state, so take that with your brand of politics, lol)

Old 03-11-2019, 07:18 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,892,093 times
Quote:
Don't throw the conspiracy card at me! Take that to the Alex Jones thread. This is about safety. Which some let their political ambitions get in the way which is a disgrace. Southwest and American Airlines are the only ones who are flying these potential deathtraps!
And you have evidence that they are poorly made? They might be, I don't know, but until I see evidence I will wait for the facts. Why would Boeing sell an aircraft that could potentially destroy their company? I fly a lot and would have 0 as in zero fear to fly on any Boeing product.

I listed possible causes, I never listed any conspiracies.

https://www.isixsigma.com/tools-temp...hbone-diagram/

https://studylib.net/doc/8195019/the...ooting-process

Yeah I know using a real troubleshooting process is all about conspiracies. It is much better to do what Feinstein and others are doing and jump to cause, with 0 facts or evidence to back it.

China doing what they did is a typical Chinese strategy. China's C919 doesn't stand to benefit if Boeing lost orders? China cares not a bit about safety or quality.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:20 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,875,496 times
The more and more you read about it, it looks like pilot error who aren't used to the new technology on the plane...

Old 03-11-2019, 07:20 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,125,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You can always walk.
You're walking to my ignore list!

Old 03-11-2019, 07:21 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,786,615 times
There is a airline pilots forum that I don’t think I can link. They have pretty spirited discussions about tech items. They are talking about this now, a little googling will get you there.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
A 6 month old plane with two accidents already and you tell us we are overreacting. WOW! Again, politicizing safety! Really shocked.
Absolutely you are. You are reacting without basing your reaction on any real facts.

1.Do you know if procedures were followed?
2. Do you know if proper maintenance was completed?
3. Do you know if the pilots were qualified? Remember a crash in SanFrancisco? Pilot error.

I would have no problem at this point to fly on any model of Boeing aircraft. I do have issues flying with certain airlines known for skimping on routine maintenance and repair. Known for inadequate training. Known for overworking flight crews.

Human error or pilot error is the number 1 cause of crashes.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The more and more you read about it, it looks like pilot error who aren't used to the new technology on the plane...
What? Say it aint so? Humans never error. It's much better to blame the machine or a corporation that has a stellar record in the field.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:30 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,244,182 times
Quote:
You're walking to my ignore list!
Fine. The 737 is Boeing’s most successful and continuously built airliner. To call it a death trap is foolish.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:33 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,518,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
And you have evidence that they are poorly made? They might be, I don't know, but until I see evidence I will wait for the facts. Why would Boeing sell an aircraft that could potentially destroy their company? I fly a lot and would have 0 as in zero fear to fly on any Boeing product.

I listed possible causes, I never listed any conspiracies.

https://www.isixsigma.com/tools-temp...hbone-diagram/

https://studylib.net/doc/8195019/the...ooting-process

Yeah I know using a real troubleshooting process is all about conspiracies. It is much better to do what Feinstein and others are doing and jump to cause, with 0 facts or evidence to back it.

China doing what they did is a typical Chinese strategy. China's C919 doesn't stand to benefit if Boeing lost orders? China cares not a bit about safety or quality.
Boeing may have made or may be making mistakes without knowing it yet. There's no reason to risk another crash and more lives lost while the issue is investigated. Safety needs to come before profits in the air industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies