Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2019, 08:04 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times

Advertisements

We have waited 2 years so we can wait a few more weeks. I am not frothing at the mouth for tidbits that will have no bearing on criminality.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:05 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I’m guessing that after 2 years of investigation there is a considerable amount of information that can be released other than a 4 page interpretation from Trumps Ag. Keep smacking your head it might help you understand.
And there you go - you're just guessing. Sorry, but you still don't understand And then you will howl about the redacted and omitted section, because you will "guess" that's where the juicy stuff might be. Y'all are grasping at straws.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:07 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It’s not like he’s secretly meeting Melania on the tarmac.
Absolutely, no secret meeting at all. Instead, for all the world to see, Barr wrote a 19 page memorandum to Rosenstein, critizing Mueller's investigation - on which he admittedly had no knowledge, btw - concluding that the president can do whatever he pleases.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/bill-bar...uction-justice

Actual Memo:
https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthel...mized/full.pdf

What better qualifier to be Trump's AG?

Because of that clear conflict-of interest memo, Barr (and Rosenstein) should have referred the report to Congress and let Congress battle it out.

Let's consider this scenario:
Obama is under investigation.
SC can make no determination.
Eric Holder then decides Obama is not a criminal.
How happy would the Republicans be with that?

And Eric Holder didn't even write a memo allowing Obama unlimited power, which is exactly what Barr did.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 03-26-2019 at 08:23 PM..

Old 03-26-2019, 08:07 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Despite it being explained multiple times, probably dozens of times in this thread, they still do not understand or refuse to accept the facts.
I think they are just looking for an out...some gotcha thing...so they can see the full report now

...and it ain't gonna happen

but when it is finally released....a lot of it will be blanked out anyway

..so wash, rinse, repeat.....

Even if they got every word.....Mueller would still be a tool...LOL

Old 03-26-2019, 08:20 PM

35,067 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Sean Hannitty suggested that Hillary Clinton et. al. should now face the lash of prosecution. If she is pardoned and accepts a pardon, she accepts guilt. See Should Pres. Trump Pardon: a) Hillary Clinton; b) James Comey; c) John Brennan; d) Jussie Smollett & others.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:25 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Sean Hannitty suggested that Hillary Clinton et. al. should now face the lash of prosecution. If she is pardoned and accepts a pardon, she accepts guilt. See Should Pres. Trump Pardon: a) Hillary Clinton; b) James Comey; c) John Brennan; d) Jussie Smollett & others.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:26 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Did he really say that?
Those people are not criminals.

So when trump has a pardon party....will those accept guilt? Or will they all claim it was an illegal prosecution....as trump is setting the stage now.

Gad. He s so predictable. I can see it.

Anyone who clings to that deserves their fate.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:46 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Let's consider this scenario:
Obama is under investigation.
SC can make no determination.
Eric Holder then decides Obama is not a criminal.
How happy would the Republicans be with that?

And Eric Holder didn't even write a memo allowing Obama unlimited power, which is exactly what Barr did.
You do realize that pretty much that exact scenario happened more than once. FBI targeting conservative groups and Fast and Furious. The Obama DOJ decided there was no crime when there was an overwhelming preponderance of evidence of crimes.

In the case of Fast and Furious, Obama "didn't know nuthin" and Holder was declared innocent by fiat.

Hillary Clinton was pretty much found to be guilty as sin of a laundry list of crimes, "But bless her heart, she didn't know any better." So she too was declared innocent by fiat.

Point is, this isn't anything new. And the Russian collusion stuff is as obviously true as the "fact" that George W Bush was behind the 9/11 attacks. If you believe in it deeply enough, it's true. It's clear as day. You cannot fathom how everyone else isn't seeing it.

As a person who is not a big fan of Donald J Trump, I've been saying this for a long time now. Stop obsessing about something as ridiculous as Russian collusion. Russia couldn't afford to buy him off. The whole thing was ridiculous from day one. So instead of embarrassing yourself obsessing about what Donald Trump isn't, just focus on what he is: Annoying. Obnoxious. Rude. A bully. The internet troll that became President. One of the worst gaff-masters to ever hold the office.

Looking at the steaming pile of crap that the Dems are rolling out for 2020, I'm probably voting third party again. In a world where the big two parties tend to nominate absolutely horrible people, it's a great time to support the smaller neglected political parties. Still, I'll be quietly rooting for the Dems to go down in flames. Everything they've been shrieking and screaming that Trump was doing -- those are exactly the things they were doing. Trying every conceivable trick in the book to undermine, sabotage, discredit, threaten, demonize and destroy a duly elected President. The last two years have been one giant temper tantrum by the Democrats in which they have been actively trying to destroy the system and recreate a system in which they alone rule. I honestly hope it destroys their party. The Left deserves something better.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:48 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
You do realize that pretty much that exact scenario happened more than once. FBI targeting conservative groups and Fast and Furious. The Obama DOJ decided there was no crime when there was an overwhelming preponderance of evidence of crimes.

In the case of Fast and Furious, Obama "didn't know nuthin" and Holder was declared innocent by fiat.

Hillary Clinton was pretty much found to be guilty as sin of a laundry list of crimes, "But bless her heart, she didn't know any better." So she too was declared innocent by fiat.

Point is, this isn't anything new. And the Russian collusion stuff is as obviously true as the "fact" that George W Bush was behind the 9/11 attacks. If you believe in it deeply enough, it's true. It's clear as day. You cannot fathom how everyone else isn't seeing it.

As a person who is not a big fan of Donald J Trump, I've been saying this for a long time now. Stop obsessing about something as ridiculous as Russian collusion. Russia couldn't afford to buy him off. The whole thing was ridiculous from day one. So instead of embarrassing yourself obsessing about what Donald Trump isn't, just focus on what he is: Annoying. Obnoxious. Rude. A bully. The internet troll that became President. One of the worst gaff-masters to ever hold the office.

Looking at the steaming pile of crap that the Dems are rolling out for 2020, I'm probably voting third party again. In a world where the big two parties tend to nominate absolutely horrible people, it's a great time to support the smaller neglected political parties. Still, I'll be quietly rooting for the Dems to go down in flames. Everything they've been shrieking and screaming that Trump was doing -- those are exactly the things they were doing. Trying every conceivable trick in the book to undermine, sabotage, discredit, threaten, demonize and destroy a duly elected President. The last two years have been one giant temper tantrum by the Democrats and I honestly hope it destroys their party. The Left deserves something better.
^All of this.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:57 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

Looking at the steaming pile of crap that the Dems are rolling out for 2020, I'm probably voting third party again. In a world where the big two parties tend to nominate absolutely horrible people, it's a great time to support the smaller neglected political parties. Still, I'll be quietly rooting for the Dems to go down in flames. Everything they've been shrieking and screaming that Trump was doing -- those are exactly the things they were doing. Trying every conceivable trick in the book to undermine, sabotage, discredit, threaten, demonize and destroy a duly elected President. The last two years have been one giant temper tantrum by the Democrats in which they have been actively trying to destroy the system and recreate a system in which they alone rule. I honestly hope it destroys their party. The Left deserves something better.
That was actually a pile of regenerative dirt, lol...I agree with everything you said but you missed one thing... As much as you dislike Trump and it seems you can be honest about things... Trump did a lot of things that wasn't PC or would improve his re-election but he did it because he loves America and Americans and believe it would help all of us... Would you admit to that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies