Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2019, 12:03 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,280,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
She said we don't need white people leading the Democratic Party. She's calling for leadership solely on the basis of race. How is that not racist?

I only bring her up to call out selective outrage. And this is another prime example.
And her very next sentence was we need leadership that is diverse. When that diversity includes non-whites logic dictates that not only white people should lead. How is that racist or offensive or anything but common sense? Unless you demand white people be in charge, I guess. That would racist. And not at all selective. Just flat out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2019, 12:04 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I know right. My bible study never included the topic also.
Nita's Bible must have deleted all those stonings and putting people to death for their affronts to God and to the men who wrote it. It's the Bible for Christians in denial of their own religion's violent teachings. Such denial makes it easier for these CINOs to pretend their religion is so much better than every other religion.

Old 03-17-2019, 12:48 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Why is corporate America trying harder and harder to demonstrate their liberalism? I don't have any problem with anything Pirro or Tucker have said. Part of this may be the narrow minded liberal pressure to boycott any company that remotely disagrees with them on even a single issue, like David Hogg has advocated for.
Capitalism baby. Pure Capitalism!

Old 03-17-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How is it racist? It is a RELIGIOUS issue, and Pirro was pointing out that adherence to the Muslim religion and hence Sharia Law goes against the U.S. Constitution. She's right!

Everything to you guys is RACIST!!! Just stop.
Where in the Constitution does it say one cannot wear a hijab?

Old 03-17-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
This is an act of squelching free speech, in my opinion.

Jeanine Pirro is one of the better commentators on Fox News.
One could argue that wearing a hijab is free speech.

Old 03-17-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Luke 19:12

Therefore He said: "A certain Nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and return."
Verses 12 through 27 are a parable told by Jesus as a teaching tool. Verse 27 is not Jesus telling his disciples what to do, it is the "certain nobleman" talking.
Nice try, though.
A little guidance;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJmd3KrGeYE

As for the Old Testament, it is the history of the Hebrews, not Christianity. The New Testament is the story of the birth, teachings, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ; as well as the travels, travails, and teachings of His disciples and the final prophesies of John.
God changed his mind about the 10 commandments and all that?

Old 03-17-2019, 01:17 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
This is an act of squelching free speech, in my opinion.

Jeanine Pirro is one of the better commentators on Fox News.
How is Fox squelching free speech by taking a paid commentator off the air again?

Old 03-17-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The idea that Christians only follow the New Testament is nonsense. Many Christians are quite righteous about abortion, homosexuality, ... -- all Old Testament.

Though to be fair, abortion is not mentioned in the Bible. Their belief is based on "Thou shalt not kill," which is Moses and the 10 Commandments -- Old Testament.
Actually, the old testament did have a recipe for an abortion of an unfaithful wife.

Quote:
But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse[b] among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.
Numbers 5:11-31

Old 03-17-2019, 01:24 PM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
After all the objectionable things about her, it's pretty funny that that was the last straw for Fox.
Unless there is more news out there it says she was suspended and this weeks show did not air. She might get fired but my guess is she may not.

I don't watch her and rarely watch fox news or the other cable news channels but I really don't see the big deal here.

Old 03-17-2019, 01:29 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,710,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
It makes plenty of sense considering the post I responded to. How on earth can that poster make an opinion about Fox if they have never watched it? How do they know it is propaganda if they have never seen it? Because someone else told them it is. Someone with propaganda of their own. If you are only watching or reading that which provides confirmation bias then you are not informed.
Because I have seen outrageous clips of the crap they say on-line and heard their crazy clips on podcasts. I don't have to tune in - I hear enough clips through the grapevines to know what pure crap they are serving. And like the other person responded, I do not trust cable news - not CNN, not MSNBC and certainly not FOX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies