Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2019, 10:22 AM

7,519 posts, read 2,817,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

You're not informed if you get any of your news from the MSM. They all spread propaganda, Fox News is no different. All of them do it. When people finally figure this out, we can get somewhere, but while people continue to think that "their news station" is the "honest" one, this will continue.

None of those cable news outlets are anything but BS propaganda machines. Just because they confirm your bias, left or right, doesn't mean that they are not.
On this we can agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2019, 10:25 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,998,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Luke 19:27

"But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Luke 19:12

Therefore He said: "A certain Nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and return."
Verses 12 through 27 are a parable told by Jesus as a teaching tool. Verse 27 is not Jesus telling his disciples what to do, it is the "certain nobleman" talking.
Nice try, though.
A little guidance; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJmd3KrGeYE

As for the Old Testament, it is the history of the Hebrews, not Christianity. The New Testament is the story of the birth, teachings, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ; as well as the travels, travails, and teachings of His disciples and the final prophesies of John.

Last edited by Redraven; 03-17-2019 at 10:37 AM..

Old 03-17-2019, 10:27 AM

8,512 posts, read 6,928,832 times
Fox has long supported and profited from their political bomb throwers bringing in the ratings. Pirro made a conscious decision to go to the dark side solely to line her own pockets with cash. I wonder if she even believes in all her media rants.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:27 AM

47,020 posts, read 26,085,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Christians follow the New Testament.
Christians say they follow the New Testament. And at that, someone should really take a some white-out to Paul's scribbles. If he'd met a good woman, the world would be a much better place.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:28 AM

7,519 posts, read 2,817,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Because the consensus is that they lean heavily right. I don’t give any one source any more credence than another for mass distribution news, but when there are single instances like this one, easily verifiable then you can pretty safely believe it. As to the reaction, it’s up to the individual.
Based on the bold, you would agree that CNN leans "heavily left" correct?

Old 03-17-2019, 10:31 AM

10,537 posts, read 6,183,260 times
This thread is the most entertaining thing on here for a while.
'Fox News is left wing media'. Hahaha! My sides! Stop it now.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:31 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,285,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Fox has long supported and profited from their political bomb throwers bringing in the ratings. Pirro made a conscious decision to go to the dark side solely to line her own pockets with cash. I wonder if she even believes in all her media rants.
One would hope not, she has a fairly impressive CV. But they put themselves in such an extremely one sided fishbowl and have such a high opinion of themselves that sometimes they wind up living the fantasy. Dark and unpleasant as it is.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:37 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,310,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
It’s not your business to tell Muslims they are not sufficiently fundamentalist. You can’t be a law abiding citizen of a Western nation if you take everything in the Bible literally too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The problem with your statement is that the bold is true and so was the statement by the person you responded to. You cannot be a perfect Christian or perfect Muslim AND be a constitutionalist. One must concede to the other.
Neither of the above is true for Christianity. One displays a gross misunderstanding of Christianity, the other is wrong theologically.

Christians are commanded to obey those in authority. There are limits of course, but that is a longer, off topic conversation. In general, it is untrue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Don't be confused. Its really simple. I'll lay it out for you in three postulates...are you ready?
Well to be honest, I am not confused. I understand hypocrisy quite well. Just pointing out that others, you included, don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
they are basically creating a self fulfilling prophecy. You bomb then, create militants, they bomb you for the death of their loved ones, you bomb them in return for the death of your loved ones, repeat cycle.
This is an incredible creation of false equivalency. Israel has tried over and again for peace, has traded land for peace (and never gotten it) and grants rights to Muslims that no Jew or Christian has in almost all Muslim countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Shrug I had to look up who she was. So do talk show hosts also get canned for negative statements in regard to Christians? Buddhists?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Don't look now, but the Christians, the Muslims, and the Jews all follow the God of Abraham. They all pray to the same god, in other words.
They share an origin, but Islam is the only one trying to eradicate the other two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
True dat. The holy scriptures of both Christianity and Islam demand killing of infidels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Why just New Testament?
Just the New Testament because that is what Christians follow, the New Covenant. The Old Testament is the history and foretelling of the Messiah, but Christians aren't bound by the Law, which is why Christians eat bacon and scallops, among other things
Quote:
Luke 19:27 "But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”
Don't quit your day job. That is part of a parable (look up the word if you don't understand it), not a commandment.

Quote:
Major advertisers are abandoning Fox hosts such as Laura Ingraham, Tucker Carlson, and Judge Jeanine. Fox executives will need to decide where to draw the line.
Major advertisers will abandon hosts until sales suffer.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:38 AM

30,331 posts, read 23,808,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
One would hope not, she has a fairly impressive CV. But they put themselves in such an extremely one sided fishbowl and have such a high opinion of themselves that sometimes they wind up living the fantasy. Dark and unpleasant as it is.
You can say that for just about anyone on any MSM station. Most of them have CVs that are good or, in some cases, impressive. But every last one of them has a major ego - on all stations, and they all live in their echo chambers and fantasy - it's all dark and unpleasant.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:38 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,854,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Translation: The media we created is failing to keep up with our level of paranoid delusion so we need a new one.
In case you missed the memo, I am not a fan of FOX. LOVE Judge jeanine though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies