Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2019, 08:14 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
He's already gone "on vacation".

Fox News is a business. Tucker's remarks got so bad that a boycott began on him over the winter, and most of the big-ticket advertisers dropped him, but some continued to advertise with Fox on other shows. After he doubled up on his insults, Tucker lost the last big money advertiser that was left, and some of the earlier advertisers dropped Fox News altogether.

When the big money goes away, Fox can never make up the lost income if they can only keep the cheaper outfits that advertise funky goods in the late-night hours when the rates are low.

They depend on the big companies just as much as all the other channels, and viewer numbers don't mean squat if the big companies aren't keeping the lights on with their big advertising dollars.

When their people like Judge Janine and Tucker Carlson start costing Fox big money, they're gone. No one isn't irreplaceable these days.
If this keeps on, the only advertiser left on Fox News will be that "my pillow guy!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Fox News is just giving into political correctness that's all. They are in a business where public opinion matters. There's nothing incorrect or bad about what Jeanine Pirro said.

This isn't a one time deal with Judge Jeanine. But I can see where those who agree with her are fine with her BS.

Whether Fox executives are giving into political correctness or the realities of ad revenues remains to be seen.

However, political correctness has never been an issue with Fox New before, so why now?

12,199 posts, read 7,230,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
True, but how can Fox News other hosts now keep their objective edge? Now, they will all fear a similar treatment should they speak the truth that happens to be not political correct. Yes, Fox can do what they want. It is their network, but it shows a lack of honesty, and fortitude.
I agree and understand your concern too. Unfortnately we are all a part of the society in which the political correctness on which the liberals have pushed upon us, is now an overwhelming and growing force to be reckon with. It's a fine line that all of us, not just Fox News or even Chelsea Clinton have to live with.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What did Pirro say that wasn't true? Fox are cowards, and I am glad I cut the cable a long time ago, so don't get them any longer. Shep Smith and Chris Wallace make me sick.
Looks like soon you may have to get your daily dose of hate somewhere else.

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Yup, as the fringe righties go further and further away from reality they start having to eat their own. Is Brietbart the only true voice anymore?
There's always Alex Jones and his InfoWars.

Just read where he's carrying on about the NZ attack being a "false flag."

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
I would like anyone here to explain how the Judge was incorrect. The America hating left loves to have a crisis...it's what they live for. Just like children with A.D.D
The ‘left’ didn’t can Pirro. Fox did. Ask them why they did it. We’re just eating popcorn here.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:18 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,230,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This isn't a one time deal with Judge Jeanine. But I can see where those who agree with her are fine with her BS.

Whether Fox executives are giving into political correctness or the realities of ad revenues remains to be seen.

However, political correctness has never been an issue with Fox New before, so why now?
Which rock have you been hiding under? Fox News has always been trying to stay politically correct although they are less likely to go overboard like the other more liberal MSMs. Did you forget how quickly they got rid of Bill O'Reilly?

Old 03-17-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Luke 19:27

"But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”
Boom!

Old 03-17-2019, 08:21 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Looks like soon you may have to get your daily dose of hate somewhere else.

I cut the cable well over a year ago, so haven't watched Fox since. However, how is telling the truth hateful? The Left likes to call anything in which the disagree hate, or hate speech. It is censorship, and I won't put up with it. Obviously, you will.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Fox News is just giving into political correctness that's all. They are in a business where public opinion matters. There's nothing incorrect or bad about what Jeanine Pirro said.

Just ask those in New Zealand how broadcasting personal opinions of hate worked out for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies