Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2019, 11:22 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Those lazy cancer patients just need to grab a shovel and get crackin', right?
u mad bro? I think you kinda miss the point. the point is to find a job before you get sick. not get sick and start looking for health insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 11:28 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Republicans had 10 years to show Americans what their health care alternative is to Obamacare and Democratic healthcare proposals.

Despite the unpopularity of Obamacare from 2010 to 2017, originally, Obamacare became a favored healthcare entitlement program like Social Security, Medicare, and other liberal government programs.

What is the GOP healthcare plan?
Buy insurance with your money.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Do you know when you may get sick?

Do you know when you may be involved in an accident?
I have had health insurance since birth. so it doesn't matter when I get sick. when I do, I will be covered. if you choose not to carry health insurance, you're a complete moron. I was going to be without it for 30 days because there was a waiting period for it to kick in on my new job. I paid $600 for a month of COBRA because I am not a total idiot.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
As a whole yeah you can do that but they don’t cover jack unless your a CEO, etc. then odds are that your coverage sucks.
I once heard a phrase: you get what you pay for. The concept applies whether remodeling your kitchen or having a knee replaced.

If necessary, I can draw a picture for our Democrat readers.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I personally cannot afford 140 bucks a month and I don’t know many people that can. And before you get on to me about living with in my means. I own my house cash out I don’t have a water bill, I have one car payment that will be paid off in December my wife can’t work and she can’t get disability. Because what she has isnt a Physical disability. Once again you assume or it feels like you’re assuming that everybody can afford healthcare, in that case you are wrong.
Seems like you either failed to plan or planned to fail. Too bad for your predicament.

Maybe the next generation will be more adamant in teaching preparedness to their youth.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:44 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I purchased private healthcare for my family starting in 2000.

I actually didn't need the GOP to do it for me.

BO took it away.
Had anyone in your family actually needed it for something serious and/or ongoing, you wouldn't have needed BO to take it away.

That cool cheap family plan is all sunshine and rainbows...until that company decides it isn't.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Had anyone in your family actually needed it for something serious and/or ongoing, you wouldn't have needed BO to take it away.

That cool cheap family plan is all sunshine and rainbows...until that company decides it isn't.
I have never had a single issue with private coverage. sounds like you're just creating an invisible boogieman based on some horror stories. news flash, but horror stories exist on both sides.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So glad someone has the courage to stand up for greedy employers!

Why should an international corporation with billions in excess profits be forced to provide their employees with kick-ass health insurance.

It would be so much better if we shift that normal business expense from wealthy corporations to their hard-working employees.

That way it will be fair!
Employers didn't have to provide employees with health insurance before the ACA. They simply offered it because it's a great way to keep workers desperately dependent on keeping their job, since decent individual health insurance was often unaffordable.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I have never had a single issue with private coverage. sounds like you're just creating an invisible boogieman based on some horror stories. news flash, but horror stories exist on both sides.
I'm glad to hear that, but it sounds like you're just a very lucky person then. Count your blessings.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:50 AM

Just curious......are some of you government-handout types starting to see the handwriting on the wall?

I wouldn't expect my Veterinarian to provide FREE care. So what gives you the right to have me pay your way?

Any thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies