Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 10:50 AM

47,038 posts, read 26,131,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
once again you fail, read my post above.
"Some of my best friends...", really?

Old 03-24-2019, 01:30 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,937,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Lol, your assumptions are humorous. Gay marriage isn't political. If you are against gay marriage, which is a big part of a person's life, you're against gays. Sorry but it's true. You can't look someone in the eye & say "I don't agree with that essence of your life" & expect your friendship to be real. It's not.

sorry i disagree, but then we pretty much always do.

Old 03-24-2019, 01:37 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,351,625 times
Quote:
Never fails to crack me up when people have to resort to the "I have (insert black, gay, trans, etc) friends". Guess what? So do I!! And I can tell you that if I told them I do not agree with gay marriage (which I absolutely 100% do because I'm not a homophobe), we would no longer be friends & I would not blame them if they never spoke to me again. That would be like if I was friends with someone who did not agree with equal rights or if they thought women should stay at home. Yeah, I'd say buh bye.
Why would you not be friends? I have friends I very much disagree with.

Old 03-24-2019, 01:39 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,595,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why would you not be friends? I have friends I very much disagree with.
Sorry you didn't understand what was a very easily understandable post. Big difference in disagreeing with friends about certain things & disagreeing with the fact that they're gay & married. How anyone cannot understand how that would affect a friendship is beyond me. Like I said, either said person is not a friend or they're just lying.

Old 03-24-2019, 01:40 PM

52,741 posts, read 48,083,198 times
Default SJWs Won't Sway My Vote......Ever

As soon as Chick-Fil-A opens back up tomorrow, I think I'll just go grab a few chicken sandwiches.

Old 03-24-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Sorry you didn't understand what was a very easily understandable post. Big difference in disagreeing with friends about certain things & disagreeing with the fact that they're gay & married. How anyone cannot understand how that would affect a friendship is beyond me. Like I said, either said person is not a friend or they're just lying.
Sorry, you said nothing different here. I have friends I very much disagree with. I do not have to agree with people to be their friends.

I've long supported gay marriage. I have friends that do not. I am religious. I have friends who are not. I have friends that I don't really understand how they believe what they believe, but we are still friends.

On occasion I have to snooze them on Facebook but they don't know that.

Old 03-24-2019, 03:20 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,151,370 times
Quote:
Sorry, you said nothing different here. I have friends I very much disagree with. I do not have to agree with people to be their friends.

I've long supported gay marriage. I have friends that do not. I am religious. I have friends who are not. I have friends that I don't really understand how they believe what they believe, but we are still friends.

Let's put it this way. You happen to be black. Turns out your "friend" believes that African Americans should not have the right to vote. He even writes to his local representative about it, because he longs for the days of Jim Crow. Would you still be his friend? I mean a real friend, not just a friend on facebook that you can snooze periodically. Someone you actually hang out with.

Old 03-24-2019, 03:21 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,595,988 times
Quote:

Yeah, you still haven’t gotten it.

Old 03-24-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Let's put it this way. You happen to be black. Turns out your "friend" believes that African Americans should not have the right to vote. He even writes to his local representative about it, because he longs for the days of Jim Crow. Would you still be his friend? I mean a real friend, not just a friend on facebook that you can snooze periodically. Someone you actually hang out with.
I have a friend that we disagree pretty intensely on the role of religion and government. He even has a pretty big suit going on concerning this (but I happen to support him here).

http://www.newsandsentinel.com/news/...ouncil-prayer/

Old 03-24-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Yeah, you still haven’t gotten it.
Yeah, that is why I questioned you. I don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies