Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 04:55 PM

19,238 posts, read 17,110,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Aside from the politics, their food is unhealthy. That is reason enough to oppose Chik Fil A.
I don't view a grilled chicken sandwich once in a while to be a bad choice, guess you keep a big list of food that's unhealthy...

Old 03-22-2019, 04:57 PM

8,345 posts, read 6,441,137 times
Sure beats hamburger for heart health

Old 03-22-2019, 05:05 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 12 days ago)

35,641 posts, read 18,001,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Chick-fil-a is a privately owned company who donated to one of the most recognized charities in the world, the Salvation Army how dare them! These people need to get a life ..................
I don't know what the stink is here about the Salvation Army.

Chick Fil A came out in 2012, against gay marriage.

From SNOPES:

Chick-fil-A is “very much supportive of the family,” according to Dan Cathy, president of the popular fast food chain. That is, “the biblical definition of the family unit,” he said. And that doesn’t include Adam and Steve, suggests Cathy, whose father S. Truett Cathy founded the Atlanta-based company.

In a new interview with Baptist Press, Cathy puts on the record what critics say his company’s actions have indicated for years. “Well, guilty as charged,” he said in the interview when asked about Chick-fil-A’s backing of families led by a man and a woman.

The controversy took flight in mid-July after Cathy gave an interview to the Biblical Recorder, on online journal for Baptists in North Carolina. In the July 2 story — picked up by the Baptist Press on July 16 — Cathy affirmed that his company backs the traditional family unit.

“We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit,” Cathy said. “We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”

“I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say ‘we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage’ and I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about,” Cathy also said during an appearance on the Ken Coleman talk show.

Proponents of same-sex marriage spread Cathy’s comments, eventually creating a firestorm of criticism on social media, including assertions that his comments and position were bigoted and hateful.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:11 PM

19,238 posts, read 17,110,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know what the stink is here about the Salvation Army.
I guess my sarcasm didn't come through, I find the claims from the SJW idiots to be ridicules...

Old 03-22-2019, 05:28 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 12 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I guess my sarcasm didn't come through, I find the claims from the SJW idiots to be ridicules...
Your sarcasm DID come through, and I'm commenting this is not about the Salvation Army.

This is about Chick Fil A working to end Gay marriage and other gay rights.

Just saw a meme on Facebook:

Straight people.
If a restaurant was taking the money they made and giving it to organizations trying to dissolve your marriage and trying to take your kids away from you, you won't give a damn if they have really really good lemonade. You wouldn't eat there. Don't eat at Chick-Fil-A.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:56 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,089,405 times
Where I live the CF are packed. There are people waiting in line to get into the drive thru line from across the parking lot. Lol.

Old 03-22-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Where I live the CF are packed. There are people waiting in line to get into the drive thru line from across the parking lot. Lol.
That happened here, also, after the CEO made the Adam and Steve remark.

People do like to dismiss gay people and kind of make a party of it.

Until maybe one of their sons or daughters comes out of the closet.

I wonder what would happen if another fast food restaurant across the street started flying the rainbow flag. My guess is, there'd be hordes over there trying to vote with their wallet.

Old 03-22-2019, 06:32 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,868,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
One never knows how what they wrote on a forum is received or comprehended. I take the opportunity to reinforce the Hyde amendment every chance I get. Many people still think Planned Parenthood uses federal funds for abortions.

Just like many people do not see the difference between church law and civil law. The owner of Chick filet can believe whatever he wants. And gives his money to whomever he pleases. He cannot make his church law civil law. But when McConnell and Trump get through appointing judges to all those vacant courts that MConnell denied Obama, church law very likely will be civil law.

We live in a free enterprise economy. People can spend their money on whatever the want.

Should somebody make an issue out of a business owner's donations to raise awareness of where their heart is, go for it. That's what makes America great.

judges dont, o rare at least not supposed to, make law from the bench. only to apply the constitution to the laws in question. the judges that make laws from the bench are most often liberal activist judges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Aside from the politics, their food is unhealthy. That is reason enough to oppose Chik Fil A.

you must be either a vegetarian or a vegan.

Old 03-22-2019, 06:55 PM

30,654 posts, read 18,263,167 times
God bless Chick Fil A for its philanthropic efforts and for introducing the masses to such delectable food. God damn every political hack who is hell bent on destroying a business for supporting charities that help countless needy every year.

Old 03-22-2019, 06:55 PM

19,824 posts, read 9,387,493 times
If you don't like Chick-Fil-A's policies, don't eat there. Simple.

However, I seem to remember -- I could be wrong -- that boycotts of Chick-Fil-A have backfired BIG TIME!

Nope, I think I was right. I just found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0apzVU-uX8

Last edited by katharsis; 03-22-2019 at 07:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies