Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 05:51 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
If more and more gun laws are added to the books, and the level of compliance becomes even lower, and Sheriff depts are not even enforcing the laws, Americans will notice new laws aren't working to lower gun violence.

But many then turn back to their Congressmen and demand action, (namely, more gun laws,) because that's all they know to do.

New laws will be attacked, most may be shot down. Those that pass will be ignored.

Is it all a vicious circle? Are we stuck in this loop for Eternity? What could possibly work differently 20 years from now??
What I've said will work but falls on deaf ears.

Cosmopolitan America has been fed hyperbole hook line and sinker.

The focal point of the media and politicians has always been the firearm. Never the individual.

Look at the red flag laws.
They came about following parkland. That dumbo eared scumbag was reported to the FBI. Protected by the Promise Program in that county enacted between the sheriff and the schools superintendent from ever getting baker acted or charged with any crime which would have prevented him from legally purchasing a firearm.
The SRO stood down while he slaughtered innocent people.

The government both federal and local, dropped the ball. In response we the people pay for it.
The premise of the red flag law is seize the firearms, due process later. You are now guilty until proven innocent. It is now being spun as some sort of safety measure.
But is it really?

Consider this.

If you really believe you are threatened or at risk of succumbing to the hands of a heinous individual... would you only want their firearms taken away?
If someone is that much of a threat... why not lock them up? Why only remove firearms? They just merely will use a knife or some other weapon, possibly bare hands as their implement to attack. Red Flag laws are fast and loose ripe for abuse. All one has to do is report to the police they feel an individual is a threat to themselves/others. Hearsay. No valid concrete evidence has to exist.

The lemmings believe it's the firearms. They are played by their emotions time and time again.
I've yet to see a firearm commit a crime. Individuals compelled by Motive Incentive and Intent on the other hand?

That is what needs focus. Not the implement.
This is why nothing happens to get any results.

Don't count on a ban or elimination any time soon. I've said for years, go to a range and look at who is shooting Short Barreled rifles, suppressed pistols/rifles. It isn't your middle aged white guys... it's millennials...

There are articles galore based from the UK Australia about millennials flooding Instagram etc with photos of them and firearms... yet... it's spun as my generation is the most anti gun/most progressive generation since hippies... no not at all...

What's funny, we can't be shamed or insulted. We didn't all fall wholesale to indoctrination... mockery memes and continuing to do as we please is what we do.
So when the talks at the national level ramp up? Fire up the social media accounts add a nifty hashtag like molon labe, don't tread on me, and drop a picture.

I know it defies the narrative...
Another millennial made a business out of bench top cnc machines to mill 80% receivers.

Myself? I take folks that are on the fence or anti gun to the range. The best is when the former anti gun individuals get a smile ear to ear and their perception changes. Especially when they conclude the trip in conversation of, I thought gun owners were angry, violent, and whatever else the media and politicians have spewed. Especially those with "assault weapons".

Then comes the talk and cold hard truth of the matter of breaking it to them that they were played by their emotions to believe in these rumors/myths. Followed by its a civil liberty no different than the first.

When you expose the conflation false equivalencies and hyperbole for what it is... they often apologize for being wrong.
I show them the FBI UCR data. I show them the CDC report. I show them the various state laws and corresponding areas of high crime/murder by firearm often being in areas where gun control is strict.

That moment when everything they've been mislead to believe is a lie...

Seriously if you want to do anything meaningful focus on motive incentive and intent. Otherwise enjoy repeating the same things over and over again and wonder why nothing productive happens.

I call anti gun individuals lemmings not solely to insult them, but to challenge them to think rather than feel.
In person it works. Via a keyboard... meh they double down and prove my points for me... because pride...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 05:57 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Remember when the Media and Democrats used the term "Gang Violence" to describe inner city Black on Black crime? They replaced that narrative about twenty years ago with "Gun Violence", thus blaming the tool instead of the person. This is to only to attempt to justify removing guns from the Law Abiding only.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:45 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No, you can easily own one if you have the $15K and up to buy one, however, it degrades accurate fire, and does not get you any real advantage. Criminals will use anything they can get. You don't hear much crime committed with a full auto firearm. The VAST majority of crime is committed with criminals using handguns.
There are MANY MANY full autos here illegally, plus semi autos converted to full auto are plentiful.

Old 04-04-2019, 02:11 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Considering the two biggest gun-grabbing Presidents of the past 50 years have been Reagan and Trump, I hold very little hope of the GOP actually doing anything to protect the property rights of gun owners.

Add in the fact that most conservatives and MAGAs venerate cops, even though cops are the ones who are and will be enforcing red flag laws, and the situation is very grim.
Bump stock is NOT a gun.

PS Your ignorance is showing.

Old 04-04-2019, 02:21 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
It takes an event to change American's view of guns.

A couple dozen school kids or a church full of parishioners is not enough.

Even the Parkland shootings didn't move the meter for any appreciable amount of time.

Maybe a football stadium where the shooters can get a few thousand souls on a Sunday afternoon on live TV will move people to change gun laws.

Will that happen in 5, or 10, or 20 years?

Odds are likely. Then laws might change.

Maybe.

Old 04-04-2019, 02:31 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Bump stock is NOT a gun.

PS Your ignorance is showing.
Property rights are absolute, and a ban on bump stocks IS an infringement

PS--MAGAs are just leftists in denial.

Old 04-04-2019, 03:54 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post

Even the Parkland shootings didn't move the meter for any appreciable amount of time.

Maybe a football stadium where the shooters can get a few thousand souls on a Sunday afternoon on live TV will move people to change gun laws.

Maybe.
Sounds like you're hoping for that to happen? The end justifies the means with you Lefty's, right?

Old 05-17-2019, 06:30 AM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times
I apologize for bumping this thread. But we could wonder if there's somthing wrong when that ill-fated site the Daily Stormer do the promotion of this pro-gun control site but for different reasons? I linked to a copy on the Wayback Machine.
https://web.archive.org/web/20190517...out-gun-crime/

And here the link to the pro-gun control site. National Gun Violence Memorial

Old 05-17-2019, 08:34 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
We'll probably have slightly more gun rights then than now. Probably more legal access to automatic weapons but with increased background checks.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:55 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post

Maybe.

Wow, that is pretty sick. People such as yourself just don't get it. If something like that were to happen, why would you focus on the tool instead of the nutcases that pulled the trigger ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies