Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 05:19 AM

37,202 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post
says right wingers who cannot get her out of their head. they just cannot stop talking about her.
It's like a reallly good horror movie. They love her because she scares hell out of them. They're glued to their seats.

She loves being the lightning rod, because A) She may want to run for president in another few years, and B) While they are busy hating on her they are distracted, leaving her Democratic colleagues free to get some real work done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 05:24 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
“Is AOC okay?”

No....not on ANY level.
She is now saying that the Border Patrol is injecting illegals with drugs

Old 04-05-2019, 05:30 AM

5,068 posts, read 2,278,237 times
"Articulate" and "razor sharp"? Hardly. There are other women who actually are: Nancy Pelosi (despite the fact that as she's gotten older she's slipped up sometimes), Condoleeza Rice, Michelle Obama, Kathleen Sebelius... and if you want to have a strong Latina woman example, Ana Navarro.

Putting AOC in that category is like saying an earthworm has the same intelligence as the robin who eats it.

In any case, I hope the media keeps covering her. She's great for laughs.

Old 04-05-2019, 05:35 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I know, they are so fearful of this woman, but they don't know why, they only know that Fox News has branded her as the Devil, and that she is going to threaten their way of life, so like sheep, they all start braying at the same time.
This is anything like people being afraid of circus clowns?

Old 04-05-2019, 05:35 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
AOC and those of you on the left who can’t see how narcissistic, extremist and nuts she is, is exactly why Howard Schultz (a lifetime democrat) is seriously considering a run for President as an Independent instead of a Dem.
“I didn’t leave the democrat party, it left me.” — Schultz.

Old 04-05-2019, 05:39 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I know, they are so fearful of this woman, but they don't know why, they only know that Fox News has branded her as the Devil, and that she is going to threaten their way of life, so like sheep, they all start braying at the same time.
Is THAT what you really believe?

We love her! She demonstrates just how crazy the Democratic Party has become. That's why we talk about her....to remind people of the future of the D's. (That said, she's just an idiot. The real fear is people like Omar, whom the D's have embraced.)

Old 04-05-2019, 05:41 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
"Articulate" and "razor sharp"? Hardly. There are other women who actually are: Nancy Pelosi (despite the fact that as she's gotten older she's slipped up sometimes), Condoleeza Rice, Michelle Obama, Kathleen Sebelius... and if you want to have a strong Latina woman example, Ana Navarro.

Putting AOC in that category is like saying an earthworm has the same intelligence as the robin who eats it.

In any case, I hope the media keeps covering her. She's great for laughs.
Condi Rice is heads and shoulders above the other women you name. Wish SHE would run!

Old 04-05-2019, 05:44 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times
I hear they feel she is the other side of the trump coin. They like that, I have not paid too much attention - but the young people like her a lot

Old 04-05-2019, 05:50 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I hear they feel she is the other side of the trump coin. They like that, I have not paid too much attention - but the young people like her a lot
The young people like anyone who they think will give them free stuff. it happens every election. In 2016 it was Sanders despite he's an old white Jewish man. Promise them free stuff and they'll vote for anyone.

Old 04-05-2019, 05:52 AM

2,923 posts, read 978,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Ocasio-Cortez live ranted on Instagram that CBP officials are “deliberately” trying to “cage children and inject them with drugs” because “of their national origin.”
��Border Patrol Agent responded:
@AOC I’m a Border Patrol Agent on the front lines and I can tell you NO ONE is “injecting kids with drugs”. Although they do all need vaccinations. All these kids get from us is hot meals, medical treatment, clean clothes and games. Even as overwhelmed as we are...
The new liberal way is to just make things up based on your feelings. It doesn't have to be true you just have to feel like its true. They used to be the party of science. Not anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies