Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider healthcare as a right for every citizen a far left position?
Yes, this is far left and extremism 114 42.07%
No, healthcare should be a right, not a privilege 157 57.93%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 07:59 AM

41,998 posts, read 75,321,036 times

Advertisements

Your poll is flawed. Have you stopped beating your wife?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 07:59 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,058,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
People voluntarily cooperating? It goes on all the time and every minute of the day, why would the creation roads be exempt from such cooperation?
Would you co-operate (ie pay) for the bit of road in front of your neighbours house to be repaired?

Old 04-08-2019, 08:00 AM

18,471 posts, read 7,113,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I would like to know the following:

1. Who exactly living in the United States does not have health insurance?

2. Why don't they have it?

This needs to be the starting point of any discussion about National healthcare.

No.....

The starting point needs to be educating those who don't know the difference between health insurance and health care.

There are plenty of people in America who have health insurance but still can't afford health care.

1. Who are they?

2. Why is this the case?

Old 04-08-2019, 08:00 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,673,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Whats so great about a system where people are denied cancer treatment because they dont have enough money so they die? I dont get it.
No one denies them cancer treatment. It is available for purchase... just like a Porsche 911.

All of us one day will die. Until then, we're free to purchase the goods and services we wish.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:01 AM

45,258 posts, read 26,514,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Let me get this straight - you think people should only pay for the fire brigade when they need a fire putting out?
That isn't what I said so wipe that smiley off your post.
You can contract with a private fire service same as pool cleaner, landscaper etc., you could also have an insurance policy in enforce that comes into play when a fire occurs (it would dispatch equipment), and Im sure there are other possibilities, the market has a way of providing multiple solutions and the end user gets to choose the best.
All that freedom is scary huh?

Old 04-08-2019, 08:01 AM

33,573 posts, read 37,191,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Yet billions of people live without constant medical care.
Yes that's true

Quote:
Medical care goods are services are products purchased to satisfy your wants and desires. There is nothing necessary about them.
Not for most folks, but they are necessary for many...I would be dead within a week without my meds

Quote:
A Porsche is a product purchased to satisfy wants and desires - same as medical care.
This has to be the stupidest statement I've ever read.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:02 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,673,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That's the problem with liberals. They still don't get that "free stuff" means someone else has to pay for it.

Somebody said last evening that the cost of health care is $11,000 a year per person, on average. (Maybe it was you.) Adding in the cost of the govt to oversee it, it would be more than $1,000 per person per month.

Then what? You'd have liberals screaming that low-income (which they would classify as under $50,000, or more than half the country) can't afford that - so, for them, the cost will be subsidized. That would mean that the other half, in addition to the taxes they already pay to provide other benefits, would have to pay $2,000 a month, per person.

So, nobody in the middle class could afford to participate in the "universal" health care scheme because they can't afford the buy-in, and the poor would get it all for free. (Sort of like we are now with Obamacare.)
The calls for "Single Payer" are really just calls for "Someone Else Payer."

Old 04-08-2019, 08:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,715,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnM258 View Post
Countries with universal healthcare spend less per person than the US does.
And the service sucks if you need specialized service. 9 months to a year wait for surgeries.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:04 AM

45,258 posts, read 26,514,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Would you co-operate (ie pay) for the bit of road in front of your neighbours house to be repaired?
I might cooperate if it involved the road in front of my house, or maybe the road is privately owned and the ownership repairs it using the fees pooled from all other users. And maybe there are other solutions? Is this a test?

Old 04-08-2019, 08:05 AM

33,573 posts, read 37,191,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
And the service sucks if you need specialized service. 9 months to a year wait for surgeries.
That's bull crap, and I think you know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies